Softening My Heart

Love In Progress

 

 

~ 2 Months before the SM Concert~

 

TOP’s POV

 

“C’mon Yuri-ah, we’re going to be late.” I called out as she got out of the toilet at their dorm.

They girls have a one week vacation and they all went to spend it with their families and friends.

“COMING!” she called out.

 

After a few more minutes she finally came out of the room and grabbed my arm.

I was taken back but she just smiled as we made disappeared to the sky where her parents were.

 

A smile was plastered on our face as we headed towards the huge dining table.

We were having lunch with her parents and the table was full with food.

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo Mr. and Mrs. Kwon.” I bowed and so did they.

We all sat down and started eating.

“So… how are you coping up honey?” Mrs. Kwon asked Yuri.

“Hn?”

“You know… since you and Minho broke up…”

Yuri started choking with her food and I quickly grabbed a glass of water and handed it to her.

She quickly drank it as I patted her back. She looked at me and smiled before looking back to answer her parents.

 

“Umm… i-i-it was hard at first but my heart is slowly forgetting him.” She lied.

I would know because she would always check her phone for any update on Minho.

She would know what his fans are talking about, where SHINee is or any news related to Minho.

 

“That’s good honey… now you could start focusing all your attention to TOP.” Mr. Kwon smiled at us as we both smiled awkwardly at each other.

 

After the meal we said our farewell and headed back to Earth at her dorm.

“Well that was… interesting.” I spoke out.

“Ne… Hey, wanna walk around for a while? Like to a coffee shop or something?”

“Didn’t we just eat?” I asked.

“I just wanna get some air.” She explained.

“Arasso.” I nodded as we both headed out.

 

We walked in silence for a minute before she finally spoke up.

“Why are you doing all of this?” she asked.

“Huh?”

“You know… helping me and Minho out.”

I looked at my feet for a few seconds before looking back at her.

 

“Because… I’ve lost the love of my life once… I know how bad it hurts and to prevent even one person from experiencing what I had experience would out my soul at peace.” I confessed.

Yuri seemed shocked at how open I was.

 

“Oh… I’m sorry about that… but thank you.” She eye smiled me as we continued walking.

“It’s ok. It’s nice to open up once in a while.” I smiled just to make the mood between us lighter.

 

Suddenly her phone chimed.

She quickly grabbed it with anxious eyes. Might be a Minho update alert.

I read her mind as she read what was on her phone in her head.

 

Minho and Sulli to star at SM’s upcoming drama, To The Beautiful You.

 

She let out a deep sigh before sliding the phone back in her pocket.

We continued walking but her mind seems so distant.

 

Ugh, I hate this feeling.

Feeling like someone would replace me in Minho’s heart.

What if he falls for Sulli? I mean they would be spending an awful lot of time together.

But no, Sulli has Taemin. I wonder how Taemin feels right now…

Why didn’t Minho contact me? I mean I know we were supposed to stay away from each other but not even a text?

Does he not care about me anymore?

 

I smirked.

Aigo… So many thoughts going through this woman’s head.

“Is it Minho?” I acted.

“Hn?” she snapped out of her thoughts.

“Was that alert about Minho? I heard that he has a new drama with Sulli.” I continued.

“Ah… ne.” Yuri said weakly.

“Don’t worry Yul. I’m sure that Minho is just trying to keep the plan on track that’s why he hasn’t spoken to you about it. Don’t overthink.” I advised her.

 

~After 3 weeks later~

 

“HYUNG! YURI’S ON THE PHONE!” Seungri shouted out.

“NE!” I screamed back as I headed to answer the call.

 

Me: Oh, Yuri-ah. Wae?

Yuri: *sobs* O-o-op-pa *sobs*

Me: Yuri, what’s wrong?

Yuri: *sobs*

Me: Where are you?

Yuri: *sobs* at t-the park near m-my dor-rm *sobs*

Me: Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be right there.

 

I quickly grabbed my jacket and ran out.

 

“YURI AH!” I screamed out but there was no answer.

They park was empty and the only thing that seemed to accompany me was the cold wind.

Suddenly I heard faint sobs coming from behind the shrubs.

I quickly made my way to find Yuri curled up in a ball as she hid her face.

 

“What happened? Are you hurt?” I asked worriedly.

She just looked at me with sad watery eyes and immediately hugged me.

“Gomawo for coming…” she cried silently against my chest.

I didn’t really know what to do but rub her back.

 

After a few minutes she has finally stopped crying.

I led her to a nearby bench and sat for a while.

“What’s wrong? Why were you crying?” I asked.

She played with her fingers. “It’s Minho…”

“Wae?”

“I miss him… a lot. And it kills me that I can’t see him.” Her voice shook.

“I’m sorry Yuri but this is the only way… Just hang in there for a while and soon, you both would never be apart.” I smiled.

She nodded. “Now come on… I know this great ramen place nearby!”

Her eyes lit up and she quickly grabbed my hands and dragged me out of the park “KAJA!” she screamed.

 

But I was still in shock… We were holding hands.

ANI! Ignore those weird feelings TOP!

No emotions should develop between you two… You’re just helping your dongsaeng!

 

~A Month before the SM Concert~

 

“Aigoo…” I sighed as I rubbed my eyes.

I quickly grabbed my phone knowing that I received a text.

 

CHOI SEUNGHYUN~

Good Morning ^^

Don’t forget to eat even though you’re busy…

And although winter is coming to its end, it’s still a bit chilly outside so always bring a hat!

Have a good day oppa~

-Yuri

 

I smiled at her text.

She would always text me every morning, reminding me to take good care of myself.

And it doesn’t bother me at all. It’s nice to know that someone cares for you.

I haven’t felt that way in a long time since I’m usually the one taking care of other people.

 

I kept my phone back on the table and prepared myself.

 

~After 1 week~

 

Me: Yuri ah!

Yuri: Oh, TOP oppa, wae?

Me: Are you free now? I got out of my schedule early. Wanna go have some ramen?

Yuri: OFCOURSE I WANNA HAVE RAMEN! But Mianhe, were still in the middle of recording our Japanese album.

Me: Ah, it’s ok. Some other time I guess.

Yuri: Ne. Anyeong.

 

I hanged up, slightly disappointed.

Yuri and I have gotten a lot closely this past few months.

I’ve told her things I never thought I would say to anyone and she trusts me with all her heart.

 

Hmmm…

 

~After 30 minutes~
 

Yuri’s POV

 

Tiffany unnie was recording her part and all of us were rehearsing our lines over and over again.

 

*knock*

“I’ll get it!” Jessica volunteered.

“Oh. TOP oppa!” she gasped and all the girls looked at the door with their jaws open.

“Oh, anneyeonghaseyo.” He bowed.

All the girls bowed back and so did I.

 

“OPPA! What are you doing here?” I asked as the girls went back to their seats.

“Well since you couldn’t go out, I decided to bring you ramen here!” he eye smiled me while putting a huge plastic bag on the table.

“Well that’s a little too much ramen don’t you think?” I chuckled while seeing a huge pot of freshly cooked ramen.

“Well I thought that your members would want to eat something too.” He looked at my members who were already eyeing the ramen.

“GOMAWO!” They yelled while quickly taking a bowl and started eating.

 

I got pushed to the back.

I pouted since I know how my unnies eat… and that’s a lot. Now there won’t  be any left for me.

“Pst!” TOP hissed and signaled me to come closer to him.

“Ne?”

“Well I knew that would happen so…” he took out a smaller plastic bag from behind him.

“I got us separate.” He smiled.

I giggled and high fived him as we sat on the other corner of the room away from my hungry So Nyuh Shi Dae members.

 

I gotta admit. This was really thoughtful of him to do.

 

Hmm, I wonder how Minho is doing.

I hope their preparation for their Japanese coming back would be successful!

I really miss him though… Should I visit him on set? No, that might cause a scandal.

How about I text him?

 

“Yuri ah! It’s your turn!” Fany eye smiled me.

I simply nodded as I gulped down my noodles and stood up.

“FIGHTING!” TOP signaled and I giggled.

 

He has gotten very soft and caring all of sudden.

I’m lucky to have an oppa like him.

 

~3 days before the SM Concert~

 

 “Goodnight!” TOP smiled as he dropped me home.

“Aren’t you coming inside?” I asked.

“Well if you want me too.”

“I want you too.” I eye smiled him.

 

After all, he did drop me all the way here.

“Besides, I’m going to be alone the whole night. Hyoyeon and Sunny unnie’s are going to record Invincible Youth, Taeyeon and Jessica are still at the studio to finish of the To The Beautiful You soundtrack. Tiffany, Sooyoung and Seohyun are going to go shopping and won’t be back till tomorrow cause they’re going to sleep at Sooyoung’s house.” I explained as I slumped myself on the sofa.

“That seems fun, why didn’t you go with them?” he asked as he sat next to me.

“Not in the mood for shopping.” I shrugged.

He just nodded and paid attention to the TV that I had just opened.

 

TOP’s POV

 

Suddenly, To the Beautiful You appeared.

Oh right, today is the day it would start airing. Doesn’t wanna go shopping huh…

I looked at it and slowly glanced at Yuri.

Aigo, stop that TOP!

But my eyes betrayed me, I glanced at her again.

She seems so proud of Minho. Her eyes were glistening.

 

Even though we haven’t spoken to each other in months.

Seeing your face, even if it’s just on TV, makes me happy.

 

I sighed as I read Yuri’s mind.

She really REALLY likes him.

I wonder when a girl would like me as much as she likes Minho.

But who would love a heartless person like me?

 

In a few more days it would be the 3rd month of their separation.

I need to start being cruel.

At first I thought it would be easy. I would just have to be me… A heartless person.

But as time goes by, Yuri has slowly melted my heart.

 

I tried to stop it but I was weak in her hands.

Now how could I be cruel to the girl who has managed to soften my rock hard heart?

But just seeing her look at him like that, my heart is already breaking.

What should I do?

 

**********

Guys, please comment down what you think because your comments are what motivates me to carry on writing.

This chapter was dedicated to TOP&Yuri even though I know you came here for MinYul.

But don’t worry, more MinYul moments would appear in the future ;)

Anyways, the next chapter should be out soon!

Thank you for reading!

~emkrys