A New Day

Will I Ever?

 

 

The next morning I woke up and felt the need to go for a jog. I grabbed a water bottle and took off as the sun rose. As I ran the wind brushed against my face. The little bit of hair I had swayed in the wind. Sweat began to drip down my body and I started to glisten in the sun. I took off my shirt and wiped my face. I decided to leave it off since I was starting to get hot. I drank a little bit of my water then poured the rest over my head to cool me off. I shook my head and the water flung everywhere. I had noticed a couple of people staring at me intensely. I smiled and waved, but they turned away. It was kind of awkward. I began to jog again, but at a faster pace. I was running while checking out the beautifully scenery. I suddenly looked forward and someone on a skateboard ran right into me. We both fell to the ground. He fot up first and helped me up. His wallet had fallen out of his pants along with his business cards. I handed them both to him.

 

“You can keep one. You might need me one day,” he said smiling.

 

He skated away and I slid his business card into my wallet. I jogged back to my apartment and headed straight to the bathroom to take a shower. The water running against me felt so good. I felt fresh and clean now. It was weird being by myself. I didn’t know what to do. I made a fruit smoothie then sat down and watched some T.V. I watched a couple of interesting shows before turning the T.V. off. Time seemed to be going slow today.  One thing I could say is that it was peaceful. There was no unnecessary arguing, accusations, or awkward silence. As peaceful as it was I still kind of missed it.

 

I decided to go see a movie to pass time. I hadn’t been to a movie in a long time. I don’t know why I picked a romance movie because the whole time I had to try to keep myself from crying. I tried to be discrete about it. I would be embarrassed if anyone saw me. I’m glad that I sat alone. After the movie I went and bought a cake. I got frustrated when the asked what was the occasion. Can I not buy a cake just to buy one? I brought it home and ordered food from my favorite delivery place. I stuffed my face and watched some more T.V. I started to become a little depressed and doubt myself. I got on my computer and started to catch up on work from home. I practically finished everything for the next few weeks.

 

 

As it became later in the day, I realized that I had to sleep alone again. I didn’t even want to go in my room. I called up my friends again. They kept asking me why JaeWan (Seungri’s ex) wasn’t with me anymore. I told them everything that happened and they suggested I go on a blind date. I’ve never been on a blind date and I had always heard horror stories about them. I wasn’t really up for it. They kept begging for me to go so I gave in. Why not? I had nothing to lose. They all came to my house and helped me get ready. I didn’t really like what they choose, but they said I looked hot so I didn’t object. I‘m sure it did look nice on me. I was probably just in a funky mood.

 

They kept saying how this guy was perfect for me and that I would really like him. I started to get a little nervous. I got in my car and drove to a high-end restaurant. It was one that I had never been to before. I looked around anxiously seeing if I could pick him out or see if he was even here. It would have been easier if I knew what he looked like. My hands started to shake as I grew anxious. I felt someone tap me on the back. I turned around and had a loss for words.

 

“Seungri?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“ChinHo,” he said shaking my hand.

 

He was everything I hoped for as far as looks. We went and sat down at a table with the most amazing view ever. You could see the whole city. We ate, talked, and laughed. It seemed like everything went well. It was nice and I thought everything was perfect, but once I got home I didn’t hear from him. I started to panic. What if he didn’t like me? Did I do something wrong? Am I ugly? Maybe I wasn’t ready to get back out there. I ate a piece of cake and surfed the web. I decided to see if there was anything interesting happening. Since there was nothing I headed to my room then turned around and went back to the couch. I’ll sleep out here tonight. I don’t want to sleep in there tonight.