New Beginnings

Will I Ever?

 

 

 

 

Instead of running by myself I now ran with Taeyang. As I got to know him I learned more about him. He even began to talk more. Sometimes he would talk nonstop. He explained how he taught choreography classes on weekends and worked at a bar every night. He invited me to go to the bar tonight and told me to bring my friends. He said all drinks were on him. I immediately called my friends and told them everything. We all met in the parking lot and walked inside. When we got in Taeyang came over and greeted us. Everything seemed fine until he got to my friend Kwan. They coldly greeted each other.

 

After finding a table, we sat down and enjoyed the live music. I kept glancing in Taeyang’s direction. It was funny to watch all the women flirt with him knowing that he wasn’t even interested. As soon as drinks arrived at our table we started to get wild. Round after round we became more and more intoxicated. I had noticed Kwan staring at me. He scooted closer to me and whispered in my ear.

 

“He is trouble. Do you know that?”

 

I looked at him strangely. What was he talking about? I didn’t know if I should take him seriously or not because he always acts like this when he is drunk. I decided to brush it off. I didn’t know what was wrong with him. Every time he got drunk he always had something weird to say. I secretly wanted to ban him from drinking because I always became his target. After a couple of hours of my friends and I acting crazy we parted ways.

 

Taeyang offered to drive me home while my friends took taxis. When I arrived at my door I searched for my keys. I was stumbling all over the place. I took them out of my pocket, but they landed on the floor. We had both bent down at the same time reaching for the keys, but he had grabbed them. Our eyes met as we both stood back up. We began to slowly move in towards each other, but his hat bumped my forehead before our lips could touch. We both backed away and settled for what seemed to be one of the most awkward hugs ever. He walked away and I closed the door. I sunk to the ground. My heart was racing. Kibum came over and started barking at me. I pet him and found my way to the bedroom. I hopped in the bed and passed out.

 

I woke up with an unbearable migraine. I didn’t even go jogging. I laid in bed for an extra 2 hours. When I was finally able to get out the bed I fed Kibum then got in the shower. When I got out I went straight to my phone. I realized that I never gave Taeyang my number. I grabbed the card and programmed his number in my phone. I text him that I was Seungri so that he knew it was me. He replied right away.

 

The first thing he mentioned was not seeing me this morning. I couldn’t believe he still went running. I couldn’t even jog if I wanted to. We text each other for the entire day. I was happy to actually have my phone go off. It was usually empty. No one really texted me even my closest friends. I only got a text when it was time to hang out. Sometimes I even questioned them as my friends. The whole day I spent time with Kibum, texting Taeyang, and working from home.

 

I honestly hated my job. I didn’t imagine that this is what I would be doing when I thought of my dream job. My dream job was to become the CEO of my own company. Ever since I was young I had saved all of money and worked at many different jobs. I imagined running my own company, but it all fell through when I had invested with the wrong people. Now I work from home and own my own schools. I guess you can say I’m CEO of my own schools. I am proud to own my own schools, but in order to feel very secure I have to also work as a vacation planner. I don’t do much, but it pays well.

 

I had just finished planning a vacation for one my biggest clients who seems do nothing, but travel. I suddenly got a call. Taeyang wanted to go to the movies. He was so spontaneous. I really wanted to reject his invitation. I didn’t because I needed a break. I had been working all day and my brain was fried. A movie seemed to be a good idea.

 

He came and picked me up. I thought we were going to a regular movie theater, but he explained that it was a drive in. I didn’t even know they had these. He pulled up to my place with his fancy car dressed to impress. He got out the car and opened my door. We got in his car and it smelled like expensive cologne. I didn’t know whether it was him or just the fresh car smell. The whole ride there in-between talking he was singing or dancing as much as he could.

 

Driving into the next city as the sun was setting was beautiful. The breeze that slightly filled the car from the windows rolled down made it a perfect evening. When we got there we pulled up to our screen. He told me to wait in the car and he went a got something out of the backseat. He had packed a meal for us.

 

“I decided to try something different. It’s my first time making it so I hope it’s appetizing.”

 

It looked like a wrap with lots of vegetables and meat in it. I took a bite and felt like I was in heaven.

 

"This is really delicious!"

 

“I usually don’t cook so I was really nervous. I’m glad it’s eatable.”

 

I refocused my attention to the movie that was starting. Taeyang on the other hand had his intentions elsewhere. I could feel him staring at me. His arm crept around my shoulder.

 

“It’s more comfortable.”

 

I found him so amusing sometimes. I grabbed his hand and held it in my lap.