A Helping Hand

Will I Ever?

 

 

 

 

I looked up from the steering wheel and saw him looking at me from his window. I didn’t want it to be the last time I saw him. I wiped my tears and drove home. When I walked through the door I went straight to my bed. I laid there looking at the ceiling. Why does love have to hurt so badly? If he loved me why did he leave me?

 

I sat by the window and watched the rain fall. Rain wasn’t the only thing falling. Tears escaped my eyes like it was something that happened often. I closed my eyes hoping that it was just a dream. When I opened them the sun was out. I had fallen asleep by the window and didn’t wake up till the next day. I stood up and made my way towards the bathroom.

 

I looked in the mirror while I brushed my teeth. Pull yourself together!

 

A month passed and my sadness was still fresh in my system. I can’t expect to get over him overnight. As long as I kept myself busy I was ok, but when I had nothing to do I felt lonelier than ever. My phone rang and I practically flew to it hoping that it was Seung-hyun. I don’t know why I still had hope. It was a number that I was unfamiliar with. I picked up with curiosity and it was my friend Daesung. He had moved back to Korea from Japan and wanted to hang out. Hopefully, by getting out of the house I could get Seung-hyun off my mind.

 

We met at a coffee shop. I hadn’t seen him in years. I was excited to finally catch up with him. I considered him my only true best friend. I could tell him anything.

 

Daesung was the first lover I had, but we were just friends now. Every time he needed something I was there for him and he was there for me. We hadn’t talked in a while because of our busy lives. I’m happy that we can hang out like we used to before he left.

He walked through the door and came over to me and hugged me. I closed my eyes.

 

 

FLASHBACK (history of daesung and Seungri)

It was a rainy night and Daesung was spending the night at my place. I was reading a magazine and he was doing a crossword puzzle. We were sitting beside each other struggling to share the single lamp in my room. My mom came in and told us we should get some sleep because we had to get up early in the morning. She walked out the room and Daesung and I scooted down into the sheets. I told him to turn out the light, but he was struggling. My lamp was a unique one. He kept looking for the knob to turn, but all he had to do was tap it 3 times and it would go off. He kept tapping it so the cycle kept continuing. I reached over and stopped in front of his face. We looked at each other awkwardly before meeting for a kiss. My mom walked in right when our lips met.

My mom didn’t let him come over anymore, but she never told anyone. We would have to sneak to see each other and promised each other we would never separate. We sneak off into the woods after school to hang out. It’s where we both realized that we were more than just friends. We couldn’t hide our feelings for each other, but it was hard to keep our relationship hidden. We grew frustrated sending our relationship tumbling into despair.

Of course not every love story has a happy ending no matter how bad we want it to.

 

I opened my eyes. “It’s good to see you.”

 

“You too,” he said smiling.

 

His smile was like a ray of sunshine. It hasn’t changed. He could make anyone’s day brighter with that smile of his.

 

“Any new heart breaks?” He said sipping some on his coffee.

 

“More than you would imagine.”

 

“I gave up on love a long time ago. Someone would have to appear in front of me. They can find me I’m not looking anymore.”

 

We both laughed.

 

“Your friend told me about what happened with Seung-hyun. I’m really sorry.”

 

I looked down and started playing with my napkin.

 

“It’s really unfortunate. As long as he is happy I will respect his choice.”

 

“You deserve so much better anyways. His loss!”

My phone started going off randomly. I looked down and it was an email from Seung-hyun. I hadn’t talked to him in about a month. The first time I get any contact from him and it’s an invitation to his movie premier!

 

I looked up at Daesung, then back at my phone.

 

“I know that look. What is it?”

 

“Seung-hyun invited me to his movie premier. He gave me two tickets. Can you come with me?”

 

“When is it?”

 

“Tomorrow night. Please I don’t want to go alone.”

 

“Fine, I’ll go, but there better not be any unnecessary drama. I don’t want to ruin the image I don’t have,” he said laughing.

 

Some of you may realize the relationships are going pretty quick. I want to finish this story for u guys before I start school and have to disappear for a while again. Plz don't hate me lol