Lost

Will I Ever?

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a weird week. I had spent most of my time alone with Kibum. I hadn’t heard from Top lately. I was honestly a little disappointed, but I wanted to give him some space. I was cooking breakfast when my phone started to ring. I ran to it and saw that it was Seung-hyun. I answered it and hung up with an eerie feeling. He didn’t sound like himself. His voice was trembling almost as if he were sad or even about to cry. My heart started racing. What could it be? The only thing he had said was that he wanted me to meet him at his place for dinner.

 

The entire day dragged and it didn’t help that it was rainy. I hated when it rained because it made me depressed. The closer it came to dinner with Seung-hyun the more nervous I became.

 

I got ready and headed over to his place. I entered his house not knowing what to expect. I walked over to where he was sitting. He got up and hugged me. His face was pale and his eyes were red like he had been crying.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Just hold me,” he said sniffling.

 

I held him as tight as I could. I felt him begin to tremble. I let go and watched the tears fall from his eyes. I wiped them away and kissed his lips. He rubbed his hand against my face.

 

“I love you babe. I really do.”

 

“I know. I love you too.”

 

“I just….”

 

He began to hysterically cry now.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I got a call today….. I got the call!”

 

“What call?”

 

“I didn’t think I was good enough.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

He began pacing back and forth with his hands against his face. He started to scream and growl before landing in a corner crying.

 

“Tell me babe. What’s wrong? I can’t help you if I don’t know.”

 

He continued to look at the floor.

 

“I had auditioned to screen in a movie and I got the part, but it wasn’t supposed to be released for the movie theaters, but now it is.”

 

“You should be happy. Why aren’t you happy?”

 

“I fell in love with you Seungri. I wanted to be with you forever!”

 

“You can do all of that! You still can! …Right? …Right? ….Please answer me.”

 

I began to tear up. I didn’t expect this coming.

 

“You’re …leaving …me?”

 

I sat down on the couch trying to stop myself from crying. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Why? Why are you doing this to me? Why can’t you just hide me or something?”

 

“I don’t want to. It’s not my choice. If they find out that I’m dating someone let alone another guy everything will be over.”

 

I held on to him and didn’t let go. I didn’t want to say goodbye. Everything was to perfect to let it all disappear.

 

“Promise me you’ll never forget me,” he said staring deeply into my eyes.

 

“You promised me! You promised me you wouldn’t break my heart!”

 

Now I was the one who couldn’t face him. He placed his hand on my chin and made me look at him.

 

“Please don’t forget me!”

 

Tears began falling from his eyes again. I couldn’t say anything. I stood up and looked out the window. He came and hugged me from behind.

 

“I’m truly sorry.”

 

I turned around and looked at him. My eyes shifted from his eyes to his lips. I kissed them one last time.

 

“I will never forget you.”

 

I walked out the door and closed it slowly behind me. I walked to my car and put my head against the steering wheel. I really hate rainy days.