Love is the only way

Will I Ever?

 

I laid down in my bed and the TV. I hooked up my phone to the charger. For some reason I couldn’t sleep. I tried watching TV until I fell asleep, but that didn’t work. Then, I tried listening to music, but that didn’t work either. Then, it dawned on me I should listen to Jiyong’s music. I grabbed my laptop and looked for a couple of his songs to listen to. I closed my eyes and when I opened them it was morning.

 

I got ready early this morning and fed Kibum. I looked at my phone and I had two messages. One was from Daesung and one from Jiyong. Jiyong was telling me how he had a great time with me and Daesung wanted me to the open the door? I had to read it two times before fully comprehending it. I walked to my front door and opened it.

 

“Do you not have a place to live?”

 

“Don’t you get lonely? I’m doing you a favor by keeping you company.”

 

He smiled and sat on my couch.

 

“How long have you been out there?”

 

“I just got here. Let’s go somewhere!”

 

“You are just too adventurous right now. I’m still trying to wake up.”

 

“I haven’t seen you in how long? We have to hang out before Jiyong snatches you up and you won’t be able to hang out with me anymore.”

 

“Fine, but tomorrow I’m not opening my door.”

 

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.

 

“Let’s go to the mall!”

 

I felt like I was suddenly dating him. We were spending so much time together. We went to the food court and got something to eat. We sat down and I had noticed a familiar face. It looked similar to Taeyang. I decided to yell his name. He turned around trying to find where my voice was coming from. I signaled for him to come eat with us since he was alone. Daesung’s face brightened. He started to smile like he always did, but this smile was different.

 

Taeyang held out his hand. “Hi, I’m Taeyang.”

 

Daesung was staring at his face so intensely he didn’t even hear him. I waved my hand in front of his face. He jumped.

 

“Daesung, you ok?”

 

“Huh? Oh, yeah … Nice to meet you. I’m Daesung.”

 

Daesung didn’t say anything unless he was asked a question. It was a really awkward lunch. Daesung usually wasn’t this quiet when it came to meeting people. When we were done eating Taeyang went to finish running his errands and Daesung and I went shopping.

 

“Where did you meet him at?”

 

“Why do you want to know?”

 

“I was just curious.”

 

“Do you like him?”

 

“Nooo…..”

 

“I use to date him.”

 

He looked at his feet and didn’t give a response. After we were done shopping Daesung dropped me off at my house and I got ready for my second date with Jiyong. We were meeting at a park for an evening picnic. I decided to dress casual this time. When I arrived at the park I got out of my car. I was greeted with a breath of fresh air. When I finally reached him he was turned around. I looked around and realized how much effort he had put into this date. It wasn’t an ordinary picnic. There was a canopy tent with food under it. I tapped him and he turned around swiftly. His eyes were wide like I had startled him.

 

He looked at me then gave me a hug. “You look nice.”

 

“Thank you, but I think I might have come underdressed.”

 

“You are perfect the way you are.”

 

He grabbed my hand and pulled me under the canopy. We both sat down on a pillow in front of the lowered table. He grabbed a bottle of wine and unpacked the basket in front of us. He poured wine into two glasses and set out the containers from in the basket. Each one was filled with a different type of fruit. There was also chocolate to dip it in.

 

“I know it’s nothing special, but I hope you enjoy tonight.”

 

“Nothing special? Are you kidding me? This is amazing!”

 

A shy smile covered his face.

 

“I use to come here when I was stressed and needed to relax. I haven’t shown anyone this place.”

 

“Should I be considered lucky?”

 

He picked up a strawberry and bit into it. He took a deep breath.

 

“I know it’s our second date, but I really like you.”

 

He turned towards me as if he was looking for a response, but in reality he wanted me to pass a napkin. The sun began to set and the sky changed from blue to a mixture of pinks, oranges, and purples. We sat there side by side engulfed in the view until the sky became dark and stars began to shine. The temperature suddenly dropped and I started to shiver. Jiyong got up and grabbed something. He came back with a blanket and put it around me. We laid down on the grass and pointed out the stars. I caught him glancing at me. I looked at him and he turned away. I turned his head back towards me and kissed him on his forehead.

 

“I like you too.”

 

Ever since those first two dates we were inseparable. I wouldn’t consider it love at first sight, but it felt like we were destined to be together. Even with his busy schedule he always made time for me. When he would have performances I would be in the back room waiting for him to finish. All the staff knew about our relationship. They did everything to make sure that what went on between us did not escape into the outside world. His boss was the only one who wasn’t in favor of us being together. He felt like I was a risk to Jiyong’s career. His boss was the only one I feared who would make Jiyong turn against me.

 

It all started when I went to Jiyong’s performance for the first time. His boss had seen me and Jiyong kiss and hug back stage. He always voiced his hatred towards me by making comments on the side.  I remember being in the dressing room when it suddenly got quiet after his boss had said that Jiyong deserved someone who was actually on his level. I went to get water to cool off and his boss followed me out the room.

 

“He will not choose his career over you.”

 

Jiyong walked out of the room and heard his boss. They haven’t been on decent terms ever since. I felt like a burden to him and that I was getting in the way. He was at the height of his career and I didn’t want to jeopardize that. He always reassured me that I didn’t have to worry about anything, but it still crossed my mind.