Butterfly

Will I Ever?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We sat down at the nearest bench.

 

“Why did you disappear?” He said suddenly staring at me.

 

I looked at him not sure what I should say.

 

“ I understand if you were mad, but you just stopped talking to me. “

 

“I didn’t know who to believe. I didn’t know what to do so I just felt like I should leave to make sure the situation didn’t get out of hand.”

 

“I just wish it could have went a different way.”

 

“I regret it now, but there is nothing that I can do anymore.”

 

“Well, how about we just start over and put all of this behind us. We can be friends. I could use a kind hearted friend like you.”

 

He looked at his watch.

 

“Oh, I have to go. Don’t be a stranger.” He said running away.

 

I looked down at Kibum who started barking.

 

“Let’s go home.”

 

The next morning I woke up with a positive attitude. I heard a knock on my door and looked out the peephole. It was Daesung. What was he doing here so early and randomly? I opened the door.

 

“Um..?”

 

“I’m coming to help you get ready.” He said squeezing his way past my door.

 

“…But I don’t need help.”

 

“Yes you do!”

 

“It’s still early!”

 

“Go back to sleep I’ll take care of everything.”

 

“I can’t now. I’m already up.”

 

I moved around like a slug the whole day until it was time for me to get ready.

 

“I’ll stay here with Kibum while you go.”

 

Daesung looked at Kibum smiling.

 

“Were you going to come with me?”

 

He practically pushed me out the door.

 

“See you later!”

 

When I got to the place. It was really unexpected. I had never been to this area before and it was very exclusive. I walked up to the door and there was a greeter.

 

“Who are you here for?”

 

“Jiyoung.”

 

“He’s expecting you.”

 

He guided me through this long hallway with dim lights and pictures before turning the corner. There was a small room with a table in the middle. I saw a man sitting down at the table. His back was towards me so all I could see was his hair. His hair was a color that was in between orange and yellow. It was pushed back into a Mohawk.

 

“Jiyoung, your guest is here,” the greeter stated then left.

 

He scooted out from his chair and stood up. When he turned towards me I nearly fainted. His presence was so strong.

 

“Nice to meet you. I’m Jiyong.”

 

He held out his hand. I shook his hand then glanced up and down his body. He was wearing a white button up dress shirt with a black jacket and tight black pants that came above his ankle with black dress shoes.

 

 I stood by the table awkwardly. He pulled out a chair.

 

“You must be Seungri. Daesung told me so much about you.”

 

“I hope it was all good things.”

 

“I wouldn’t be on this date if he said anything bad.”

 

We both laughed.

 

“Daesung told me you were a celebrity?”

 

“You haven’t heard of me?”

 

He gave me the most intense stare I had ever encountered. The worst part about it was that he was also smiling. I couldn’t tell if he was sad, mad, or just joking.

 

“I..I…no.”

 

He looked at me then got up from his seat and started to sing.

 

It's all about you

My butterfly

 

Everytime I come close to you (everytime I'm feeling you)

Feel like I'm gonna dream everytime (I get butterfly)

 

Check it……..

 

He made eye contact with me and his eyes never left mine through the whole song. When he was finished I stood up and clapped. He looked at the floor and began to blush. He quickly changed the subject.

 

“So..um….I hand picked all the food on the menu. I hope you can find something that sounds appetizing..”

 

He kept smiling and putting his hands on his face. I wonder if he was just as nervous as I was. I looked at the menu and didn’t recognize anything. It must have been really upscale dishes because everything looked foreign. I peaked up from my menu and looked at him. I felt like a creeper sneaking peaks at him from behind my menu, but it was tempting. His face seemed perfect. He looked up and caught me. I quickly looked back at my menu, but it slipped from my hands and feel on the floor. It was a chaotic situation for me, but he found it funny.

 

I picked up the menu and started to look for something to order. I didn’t know what to choose and it didn’t help that there wasn’t a description of the food. I felt lost. I guess he had noticed me struggling because he offered to help me. The waiter came out and asked if we were ready. Jiyong looked at me then back at the menu.

 

“Can we have a sample of everything?”

 

My eyes widened. “Everything?”

 

“It will be small portions. I think we can handle it.”

 

The whole evening we laughed, shared stories, and ate until we felt like our stomach would bust through our shirts. I think I had enough food in me to cover for the next couple of days. After the date, I went back home. I couldn’t even get through the door fully before Daesung bombarded me with questions.

 

“It went well didn’t it?”

 

“We will see on our second date.”

 

“So there is a second date? I told you to trust me!”

 

Daesung’s phone started to vibrate.

 

“Well look who just text me!” He said smiling.

 

“What did he say?”  I said trying to grab for his phone.

 

“Seems like you really like him huh.”

 

“No! I just want to know what he said.”

 

“You don’t have to lie.”

 

Daesung helped himself to my fridge.

 

“So when is the next date?” He said taking a sip of wine.

 

“I’m not telling you,” I said nudging him.