Nobody but You

Will I Ever?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next couple of weeks were hectic. Jiyong’s fans were turning against him and trying to find out who the mystery guy was aka me. They would all bunch together to find out where Jiyong was hiding. They shared every little piece of information that they had. Jiyong and I spent quality time together and barley left the house because of this. He mostly wrote songs all day. He kept telling me how he could write about anything now. There were no boundaries. He created a new persona and called himself G-Dragon. He rapped about anything and everything bringing awareness to situations, but he mostly rapped about relationships.

 

He wanted to have his first performance, but I didn’t want him to get a negative response. I was worried because he had worked so hard and I would hate to see everyone hate it because of his “scandal.” However, I still supported him and went with him. As soon as he walked on stage people started to boo, but that didn’t stop him. He finished his whole performance.

 

The more he performed the more people learned to accept him for who he is. People either loved him or hated him. A smaller company even picked him up. I was happy that he was finally getting another opportunity to do what he loved, but there was a downfall. People were interested in who I was. Therefore, I had to attend the press conference with Jiyong. I expected a negative response, but people actually liked me.

 

That’s when I realized I actually had a hidden talent all along. I could sing! Jiyong and I created a song together that became a number one hit for a whole month. Jiyong’s old company tried to get him to come back after he had seen a decrease in sales since Jiyong had left, but he declined. He even showed up to his first concert since he had started a new album under the new company. I didn’t expect it to get sold out, but every seat was filled. The last song he performed was the one we had worked on together. At the end of the song white flower petals fell from the ceiling. Everyone started screaming frantically. I looked around trying to figure out why everyone was nosier than usual. The screen had a picture of Jiyong and I holding hands with words in front of it. I faced forward and saw him get down on one knee.

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

The crowd started chanting yes. Tears fell from my eyes. We had been through so much, but I had never expected this day to come so soon. I didn’t believe in fairy tails until I met him. Everything felt so much better when we were together. He was like my other half. It felt great to be able to walk around holding his hand or have our arms linked together in public without worrying about someone sending out crazy pictures and articles. The paparazzi still followed us and we still got negative press, but it was nothing we were ashamed about. It was either true or false and we didn’t hesitate to prove those accusations wrong.

 

We lived as much of a normal life as we could. Jiyong continued making music and producing while I also started a singing career. Top ended up dumping his girlfriend and focusing on his career. We kept in touch and there were no bitter feelings. We wished the best for each other. Daesung still came over a lot, but not by himself. He had found someone new to entertain. He and Taeyang had become really close. I’m not sure how close, but close enough. Jiyong and I moved into a bigger place and even got another dog to keep Kibum company. We lived our lives enjoying what we loved doing and never missed a day to tell each other how much we loved each other.