09.

Crackship Oneshot // Drabble Collection

"It's Lee Sungyeol? But he's a loser!" The chatter silenced as Sungjong's disgusted voice resonated through the cafeteria, his words bouncing off the walls, echoing in my mind. I lowered my head and looked into my lap as my cheeks burned, feeling many eyes bore into me. I was humiliated and I wanted nothing more than to run out of the building as fast as my feet could take me but I couldn't find the courage to even move. I had no idea why Sungjong felt the need to yell my name out of nowhere but I hated him more than anyone at the moment.

The sound of a slap was the next to ring through the walls. I cautiously managed to look up at the scene being displayed in front of the hundreds of students. It was Kim Namjoo, Sungjong's best friend and the one he had been talking to. I wondered what she was doing.

Her eyes scanned the cafeteria until they finally found me and stopped. We made eye contact and I saw the anger in her eyes before I gulped and quickly looked back down.

"Yes, it's Lee Sungyeol! I do like Lee Sungyeol and even though Lee Sungyeol is a loser, I like Lee Sungyeol!" she practically screamed. My eyes enlarged. The students began to murmur and gasp, the sounds of their gossip getting louder and louder at the drama being revealed, "And if you have a problem with that, me or Lee Sungyeol then I don't need you." The clack of her footsteps was enough to signal that she had walked away from him and the voices were increasing by the minute.

I clenched my fists and decided it was enough and that it was time to leave. I gave my self five seconds to build my courage to stand up but when I turned, I saw a pair of shoes in front of my eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut then opened them again. They were still there. I slowly looked up. 

It was Namjoo. I gasped and turned back around to the table. I heard her laugh. Just then, a tray of food was smacked right beside mine and I felt a new body prescence. My heartbeat quickened, knowing it was her.

"Hey Sungyeol."

I looked to my right, where she was sitting. She was smiling softly at me, her dimples showing and her hand stretched out.

"Let's be friends."

 


I made sungjong the bully for jokes haha

originally made for bap (youngjae specifically) but edited for audiraas and x--happyvirus