03.

Crackship Oneshot // Drabble Collection

 

 

"I - I like you!" I the hand written love letter that held all my fearful unspoken words - I had went through hours of torture, talking myself into it then out then in again and wasting many, many papers of crossed out sentences - at him. 

I glanced at my friends behind him who were jumping up and pumping their fists in encouragment. I bit my lip and anxiously awaited his answer. He looked thorougly shocked  and stared at me for a few minutes before - during which I fidgeted uncomfortably - before he took the letter from my hands, opened it and scanned through it. I saw his eyes grow wider and wider with each word that registered into his brain. My hands felt clammy and I didn't know where to place them. Should I act nonchalent or eager? Everything was jumbling up in my head and I was developing a slight headache.

When he finished reading, he looked back up at me. "So you...," he looked down at the paper and back up to my face, "hold on," he continues to read it for a second, third and fourth time.

"Yookyung..." he begins and I have a horrible feeling it will not lead to anything close to what I want to hear. "I don't know how to say this but I can't accept your confession right now..." he trailed off and looked as if he was searching for the right word and add more but that was all I needed.

"Oh, I see, thanks for your time," I mumble.

"No, hold on Yoo - " but I already sprinted out the hallway, forcing the tears back in.

"You told us you liked her," Sungyeol felt a violent and murderous aura emitting from behind him and he cringed as he turned around.

Yookyung's three other best friends menacingly walked up to him, lasers shot out their eyes.

"I do! But I was so surprised that she actually wrote me a love letter, I'm so happy I could cry!" Sungyeol ran around in circles, jumped off the walls and made a sound that was somewhat close to a dying whale before he calmed down and went back to the three girls who were used to his behavior.

"Then why did you reject her you idiot?" Namjoo slapped the back of his head.

"I-isn't the boy supposed to propose to the girl?"

They simultaniously groaned at his stupidity. "I don't even want to explain," Naeun facepalmed.

"He won't get it anyway," chided Namjoo. "Hey, that's rude!" he protested but quickly shut up as he saw the death glares sent his way.

"This can be solved pretty easily. Apologize to her and tell her why you said what you said, okay?" Hayoung spoke up.

Sungyeol nodded, his game face on. "I have an idea."


 




"Tell me why exactly are we meeting up in the dead of night in a park? Do you want me to die?!" I screamed into the phone but Hayoung just guffawed and hung up. I got creeped right away, the darkness hugging me as I had no one to talk to to stay distracted. I began to pray and walked to the top of hill where they said they were planning a surprise girls night out.

"You're here!" came a manly voice that obviously wasn't any of my friend's. I immediately grabbed my bag and threw it at the attacker and aimed to kick where I knew it would hurt. This was the time all the self defence lessons would come in handy and I thanked my dad for forcing me into them.

"No, don't! It's me!" I slowly lowered my leg, the voice sounded awfully familiar.

After I got over the fear it was a killer, I panicked when I recognized who it was. My mind went into overdrive the moment I saw Sungyeol and although seeing him made my fear go away, I did not want to go through anything humiliating again. Curse my friends and their silly plans, I wasn't going to trust them again.

I said nothing and was about to run away when he spoke up.

"Yookyung! Don't run away from me again, let me explain," his voice was full of regret and sorrow. I swallowed my pride and stayed in place. 

He walked forward until there was a foot in between us then grabbed my hand. The breath hitched in my throat at his unexpected actions.

"The reason why I said that was because I always thought the guy had to confess first and I thought it embaressed you to confess to me of all people but I just ended up hurting you even more. I'm sorry, Yookyung."

"You," I breathed, overwhelemed by his words, "are the stupidest person ever."

He laughed, rubbing the back of his head. He suddenly looked fretful and rigid.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He simply shook his head, ignoring my question and in a big breath. "I hope you don't think I'm a lame cheeseball like someone I know." I smiled, urging him on. "I - I bought a star and named it after you."

"You did what?" 

"I bought a star for you and now there are two stars named Hong Yookyung." I didn't get to reply since he swiveled around, searching for something.

"It's so dark, I can't see," I heard him mutter and I giggled. "Ah, I found it!" He brought a telescope to me and pulled out a paper. He clicked open a flashlight and pointed it at the paper.

"This one here is yours," he pointed to the star that had been circled multiple times in dark sharpie. 

I was in complete awe and shock.

"I love it, it immediately stands out from the others," I leaned down to take a closer look at it. While all the other stars were clumped together as if they were feeding off each other's energy, my star was all on its own. It's independant, strong and I couldn't ask for anything better.

"Let's look at the real thing," Sungyeol raised his eyebrows and looked through the telescope.

It took us another twenty minutes to locate it. The crisp night air filled with 'I thought it was here!' and 'Are you sure it's not this one?'. Even though I could tell this wasn't the way Sungyeol wanted it to be like, it was still so fun and it wouldn't be Sungyeol if there weren't multiple holdups. When we finally found it, we broke out into a celebratory dance.

"Okay, this is going to blow your socks off!" Sungyeol announced as he moved aside for me to look through.

I was enthralled by the sight of the star shining brightly. It represented everything I strived to be, everything I wanted to be and Sungyeol had given me so much inspiration, I felt my heart growing with love. How lucky was I, able to find a man that could make me laugh (it was a hard tasl) and feel like the luckiest person in the universe?

I was so caught up in the moment, I hadn't noticed Sungyeol pull out a silver necklace from his pocket.

"Yookyung?" he called out to me.

"Mmm?" came my reply because I was still far to into my star gazing. When he didn't respond, I knew it wasn't typical Sungyeol behavior so I broke away from the telescope and came face to face with a dangling necklace. It was gorgeous. It had a silver chain and hanging from it was a simple diamond star.

"Sungyeol..." I had absolutely no words to.describe what I was feeling.

"Woohyun hyung kept telling me to get a star that had a moon around it and tell you that you were the star and I was the moon and I'd always protect you. I didn't like it though, it was too much. I know you like simple things, Yookyung." 

"It's perfect," my voice wavered. I was so touched and amazed that Sungyeol looked so mature and handsome and lovely at the moment. Of course I always thought that about him but it was even more heightened now.

He smiled gently. "I'm glad." He moved behind me and secured it around my neck. I looked at it, inspecting it using the moon's rays. I felt Sungyeol suddenly wrap his arms around my waist and bring me closer. A raging blush worked it's way onto my cheeks and I comfortably laid my hands upon his, looking up at my star.

 

 

You may throw up rainbows and fluffy bunnies now. I'm sorry.