06.

Crackship Oneshot // Drabble Collection

 

I glanced at my watch and grinned when I saw that I was right on time. I fixed my pencil skirt that had slightly ridden up as I briskly walked to the bus stop and patted down my blouse just for good measure. The stop came in to my view as I turned a block and my eyebrows rose at the massive crowd that was forming a few metres away. This wasn't a busy part in Seoul and I was taken aback by the amount of people in one place. A buzz of excitement  I couldn't see a thing due to all the people crowding around. I was curious as to what was happening filled the normal quiet morning. I was tempted to go see just what was so interesting but I resisted. I had work to go to. I shuffled around people, pushed some of them out the way and sighed in relief when I finally got to the stop.
 
"We should've gotten here faster!" A girl shouted to her friend who ran into me since she was looking at the girl.
 
"Oh, sorry!" she bowed. The were both wearing uniforms and were my height so I assumed they were in high school. I told her it was okay and they both nodded before disappearing into the thickening crowd.
 
I sat down on the bench as I waited for the bus to come. Just then, a loud drum beat pierced the air, followed by a mellow acoustic guitar. I unknowingly bopped my head to the catchy beat, my foot stepping into rhythm with it. Someone started rapping and I whipped my head to the crowd to see a glimpse of him although I know I wouldn't be able to. This person's voice was so deep and smooth and husky, I wondered who it belonged to. And it wasn't just his voice too, but the way he rapped without missing a beat or losing breath amazed me.
 
I was never a person that depended on music like a lot of my friends did so I was partially surprised when I wanted to stay and listen to the whole song. I shook my head and stood up when the bus came, my job was much more important.
 
 
_____
 
 
 
The next day, I was thoroughly surprised to see an even larger crowd at the exact same spot. I was running late for work and I really needed to hurry if I wanted to catch the bus. Music boomed through the streets suddenly, startling me and a few other people around but then everyone started to cheer and the hype began to build up.
 
I reached the bus stop in no time and massaged my feet that were already forming blisters from the new heels I wore. The crowd was getting even louder and I couldn't help but want to see who was there again.
 
I debated internally for a few moments before convincing myself that I'd probably keep wondering what exactly this was for the next few days if I didn't go. Plus, I still needed to see how that guy with the amazing voice looked like.
 
I pushed through the crowd, earning a lot of glares and dirty looks sent my way but I ignored them all and smiled in satisfaction when I reached the front. I was starting to sweat due to all the moving and packed bodies and my regular pencil skirt, blouse and heels were getting uncomfortable. I was also pretty sure I stuck out like a sore thumb, compared to everyone else's casual outfits. It didn't matter since I wasn't going to be here for long anyway. I just wanted to hear a few seconds of it then be on my merry way to work.
 
There were four guys in the center, all with microphones in their hand. I assessed them all and flinched when bursts of squeals erupted beside me. I looked to my side and saw the same two girls from yesterday. 
 
They seemed to notice me too. "Oh, hi unnie!" the girl that crashed into me waved.
 
I ignored the fact they seemed so close with me. "Who are these guys?"
 
"Ahh, you're a new fan huh? This is Soul Connection! Jepp, CSP, Still PM and Maslo," her friend quickly spoke.
 
"Those are odd names..." I muttered.
 
"I heard they're going to have featuring artists too," the girl nudged the other. 
 
"Please tell me it's Kuan!"
 
She sighed. "I hope so too."
 
I refused to roll my eyes at their behavior and looked back ahead. There was suddenly only one person in the center, the others were waiting at the sides.
 
"Omo, it's Jepp's solo!" they squealed beside me again then shushed each other to be quiet. Thank God.
 
A kid with short black hair and an oversized sweater then began to sing, following the piano melody and drums. Then he started to rap and I was blown away. It was the same voice from yesterday. The song was so good and I finally understood what people meant when they said 'eargasm'.
 
There was so much passion that emitted from this boy, the way he closed his eyes, moved his hands to the beat and walked around like he owned the world. I was entranced. He looked so pleased to be performing, like he was born on the earth to do just this. I could tell doing this was what really made him happy from the intense force he put into his voice. I was captivated.
 
And it was broken from the girls.
 
"Last One is my favorite song of his! And look, Crucial Star is here!! Agsjfmskasdassssgshsgs," the girl began to be incomprehensible and even her friend couldn't understand what she was saying. I noticed the time and my eyes widened. I was half an hour late! 
 
I took whatever money I could find in my bag and went to put it in the open guitar case near my feet but was stopped by a pale hand. I assumed 'Crucial Star' was rapping since this guy name Jepp was currently holding my wrist and looking at me.
 
"Just enjoy the performance," Then he smiled widely, showing his gums and straight teeth. It was completely different from how fierce he looked when rapping. I found myself staring into his eyes and wondered what it would be like to find out more about him. I nodded and he smiled again before going back to the center and jumping right back into the performance.
 
I ignored the cries of what a lucky unnie I was from the girls and realized how screwed I was going to be at work. I shrugged it off and smiled, I can still stay for a few more songs.
 
 
 
 
 
Can I just say how much I loved BYG's predebut songs. Soul connection<3