05.

Crackship Oneshot // Drabble Collection

 

 
"Why exactly," Woohyun breathes, watching his girlfriend check her blind spot, "did I agree to do this?" 
 
She looks at him sweetly. "Because you need to give me moral support so we can go out and eat chicken feet together secretly."
 
He sighs. He doesn't even like chicken feet that much. But he forces himself to stay in his seat and not run from the car like he desperately wants to.
 
"Do you have your seatbelt on?" she asks and before he can reply with a yes, she's already stepped on the accelerator and the car jerks backward. 
 
"Yah, you put it in reverse!" Woohyun yells, clutching the arm rest and and window for support. He tries to keep calm and not think about the hundreds of ways he could die. Putting Chorong in front of a steering wheel made Woohyun already uneasy from the start.
 
"Stop! Stop! Stop! Park Chorong, stop the damn the car!!" Woohyun screams in panic.
 
She slams on the brakes right before they crash into a pillar, sending their bodies lurching forward. 
 
"Oops, sorry," she giggles. Woohyun gapes at her, speechless as she changes the gear to drive and presses on the accelerator slowly. The car goes forward at an okay speed and Woohyun sighs with relief.
 
"Just keep going like that and you'll be fine," he tells her.
 
She proceeds to leave the empty parking lot of their apartment building and signals to the oncoming cars that she's going to turn left.
 
"This is right turning lane only, Chorong-ah," Woohyun gently reminds her and silently wonders how in the world she passed the written test.
 
"Oh right!" she hits her head lightly and switches the signal to go right.
 
She looks right and left a couple of times, making sure there's no cars on their way before she eases the vehicle into the lane.
 
"So far so good Chorongie," Woohyun figures it's better to praise her and get this quickly over with.
 
"Thank you Mr. Nam. Now where would you like to go?" she asks like a taxi driver.
 
He chuckles and decides to play along. "Take me to the Han River please." It's close by and he wants to make it out alive before the day ends.
 
"Alright then Mr. Nam," she nods at him, looks out the window beside her and swerves the car into the next lane.
 
"Whoa, what are you doing?!" he finds himself yelling for the third time that day.
 
"So we can get there faster! It's not every day we get to spend time together like this," she replies breezily.
 
They continue to go in and out of lanes, passing other cars in a speed that he is sure is over the limit.
 
"Whoooo! This is fun!" Chorong shrieks in delight seeing Woohyun yell in fright every time the car so much as turns.
 
"Y - you just beat a red light!" he stammers because he really doesn't know what's going through her head right now. "I thought you were just exaggerating on the show but this is how you actually drive," Woohyun comments and winces when a truck driver honks at them loudly for cutting him off.
 
She glances at him and laughs heartily when he yells to keep her eyes on the road.
 
"You know, everyone needs more excitement in their life," she smiles, totally unconcerned with the dirty looks all the other drivers are giving her.
 
"Being an idol isn't exciting enough for you? And how is putting everyone's life in danger exciting? Your life can be exciting alright just as long as you don't do it with driving. Why don't you take up bungee jumping or something? Actually no, you're gonna bring me along then I'm gonna be screaming even more. Why can't you just - "
 
"We're here!" Chorong cut off her boyfriend whom she had been ignoring for the past few minutes.
 
"Do you know how to park?" he cautiously asks her.
 
She rolls her eyes. "Of course, I did pass my exam on the first try after all."
 
Woohyun just nods to this worriedly, still wondering how she did, and hopes that she knows what she's doing. Chorong searches for an available spot to go in and smiles when she sees one.
 
"Don't tell me you're about to parallel park," Woohyun whines.
 
"Okay."
 
He groans and closes his eyes, praying to every deity out there to save them both.
 
After a lot more attempts, and almost running over a stray dog, they're finally in the middle of an expensive looking BMW and another small car. 
 
They sit there for a few moments, Woohyun catching his breath and rubbing his throat that had gone sore from all the yelling while Chorong watches in amusemant. 
 
"Thank you, Hyunnie!" Chorong jumps into Woohyun's lap and rests her head on his shoulder. "I know it must have really scared you."
 
He wraps his arms around her tightly and kisses her hair. "No, I wasn't. I'd do anything for you anyway."
 
"Really?" she brings her head up to look at him, her eyes shining.
 
"Yeah, you just need a little more practice."
 
"Okay, let's go again tomorrow!" she kisses him tenderly, trying to convey how thankful and happy she is then breaks apart, waiting for his answer.
 
Woohyun can only nod dumbly and realizes a moment too late what he's gotten himself into again.
 
 
 
 
Inspired by the episode in apink news where Chorong turned into a crazy beast in front of the wheel. And sorry if the actual driving doesn't make sense, I don't have a lisence.