“If I’m such a stranger, why do you look so happy to see me?”

Beautiful Stranger

 

“Get up Tasha. Or you’ll be late!” Someone shook her shoulder roughly.

Tasha rubbed her eyes groggily and glanced at her phone before sitting up frantically, her expression accusing. “Why didn't you wake me up Dina? I’m late!”

“Hey! It’s not my fault you didn't set your alarm. And besides I always wake up at this hour.” Her best friend, Dina said with a shrug.

Tasha dashed towards the bathroom and was out, freshly dressed in just a few minutes. She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. She did not imagine her first day of work to be like this. She was supposed to go, in her usual cool and collected way, not rushing madly. She grabbed her sketchbook and ran to the kitchen for a piece of toast.

“He dropped by again.” Dina said, without looking up from the newspaper. “With a bunch of flowers this time.”

Tasha rolled her eyes at the piece of news. “Whatever. Next time, please don't answer the door when he comes by.”

“How can I not answer? Tasha, he made such a scene last time.” Dina replied. “I don't understand what happened. Why did you move out?”

Tasha sighed. “Nothing happened Di. I just needed some time apart, that’s all. Speaking of time, I am so late! I’ll see you later!”

She needed coffee. She knew she was extremely late, but her day will not begin if she did not have coffee first. She was about to step out of the coffee shop with her coffee in hand when she bumped into someone, causing her to drop her sketchbook to the ground.

“Oh sorry.” A deep male voice said. He bent down to pick it up while Tasha stood there, sighing at her fate.

“Thanks.” Tasha mumbled as he handed the sketchbook back to her. There was something really familiar about the guy. She took a closer look and her face unknowingly broke into a wide smile. “It’s you! That stranger from the club!”

“Stranger?” He said with a raised eyebrow. “If I’m such a stranger, why do you look so happy to see me?”

“What? No!” Tasha scoffed nervously. “I was just...”

“What? Wondering where I’ve been?” He replied with a smirk. “I’ve been... around. It’s such a small world isn’t it? Who would’ve thought we’d meet again?”

Tasha shook her head at him, a hint of a smile on her lips. “Whatever... 5zic sshi. I’m late for work. I gotta go.”

“You remember my name!”

Tasha flipped her hair. “Trust me, it’s not something I want to remember.”

5zic chuckled. “Ahh... But you did. Which means I left quite an impression on you the last time we met.”

“No, you didn't 5zic sshi. The name’s so silly it’s hard NOT to remember.” Tasha replied. She walked away without sparing him another glance, her fingers trembling. Why was she playing hard to get with him? She obviously felt something for him. It must be his smile. That has to be it. She was a er for killer smiles, and he has one. Goodness, what was she thinking? She didn't even know him!

She finally arrived at her new office, taking a deep breath before entering the double doors. This was it, the beginning of a new life. She had no one to depend on now besides herself and she was determined to make this the best experience of her life. As soon as she stepped in, she was met with a lady, who seemed to be waiting for her arrival.

“Tasha sshi?”

Tasha smiled and nodded her head. “Yeh... Annyonghasaeyo. I’m so sorry I’m late.”

“Aniyo. You’re right on time. This way please. Sajangnim is expecting you.” She said before leading the way to the main office.

Her eyes roamed the place, taking in the new environment. It wasn’t as grand as she expected, but she has been told the pay was good. And she needed the salary. She wondered how heavy her workload would be. It shouldn’t feel like work in the first place though, considering she would be styling people... Something she absolutely loved to do...

“Ahhh... Tasha sshi. Welcome to Jungle Entertainment!” The CEO welcomed her warmly once she entered the office.

“Thank you. I’m very excited to be here.” Tasha said, taking the seat opposite him.

“I understand that the head stylist recruited you.”

“Uhh yeah. She went through my sketchbook. She said she liked the designs...”

“If you don't mind, may I look at this sketchbook of yours?”

“Yeah umm...” Tasha said. Her eyes widened in horror as she looked at her empty hands. Where was her sketchbook? She had it with her a while ago! She searched her bag and the seat she was sitting on for any signs of her beloved sketchbook. Where the hell did it go? Did she drop it on the way to the company?

“Is there something wrong?”

“I... uhh...” She stammered nervously. The door to the office suddenly opened and in walked the lady from before, her sketchbook in hand. Tasha breathed a sigh of relief as she took the book and handed it over to the CEO, mouthing her gratitude to the lady.

“You dropped it on the way here. Luckily, one of our artists picked it up.” She informed her.

“Miss Lee, please take her to Renee. Tell her, her new stylist is here.” The CEO said with a smile as he returned the sketchbook back to her.

Tasha grinned and stood up, bowing a 90 degree bow. “Thank you so much Sajangnim. I promised I won’t let you down.”

“I know you won’t. But the boys you’ll be styling will get you in a lot of trouble. Just keep a cool head ok?”

“Sure thing.” Tasha nodded before walking out the room with the assistant. They didn't get very far when they were met with Renee herself.

“Tasha!”

“Renee unnie!” Tasha exclaimed happily. “I’m here!”

“So I see!” Renee said before giving her a hug. “Come on. Come, let’s go to the dressing room and talk.”

“Unnie, I’m so excited. This is like... my first ever job.” Tasha gushed excitedly. “Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.”

“Ahh... I was worried that sajangnim wouldn’t hire you. He’s very strict with employing people. I bet he saw your sketchbook and changed his mind.” Renee replied with a smile.

“Yeah. Maybe he did. He said I’ll be styling a bunch of guys?” Tasha said as she looked around the room.

“Uh-huh yup. Ever heard of MIB?” Renee asked.

Tasha raised her eyebrow. “Men in Black?”

Renee laughed and shook her head. “No. Jungle Entertainment’s hip hop group! Tasha, you have no idea who you’re working for do you?”

“No. Not at all.” Tasha replied with a sheepish smile. “Why? Are they difficult to work with? Sajangnim said they are.”

“Renee nuna! I’ve been waiting all week for our new concept. Any idea?” Someone suddenly said from the doorway.

Tasha turned in her seat and her eyes widened in surprise at the unannounced visitor. She narrowed her eyes at him as she stood before him. “You!”

He smirked. “Yes?”

“What are you doing here?” Tasha whispered furiously. “What the hell dude? Have you been following me? What are you? A stalker?”

“Whoa whoa.” Renee said as she rushed over. “What’s going on here?”

“This dude!” Tasha said, pointing at 5zic. “Seems to be everywhere I go! It’s like he’s following me or something!”

Renee laughed. “No Tasha, he hasn’t been following you.”

“What? Yes he has!” Tasha exclaimed as 5zic snickered in the background.

“No actually, he works here. He’s the leader of MIB. You’ll be working for him and three others.” Renee explained. “5zic ah, introduce her to the others will you? And discuss your new concept with her. She’ll be in charge of you guys now.” Renee continued before walking away, leaving an embarrassed Tasha and a smug 5zic behind.

Tasha stared at him, opened and closed like a fish out of water. 5zic laughed at her expression and shook his head. “Tasha is it? You look quite shock.”

“I... uhh, you could’ve told me when we met this morning!” Tasha said in frustration.

“How was I supposed to know that you’ll be working here?” 5zic replied with a grin. “The world is definitely small isn’t it? Can’t believe we met again.”

“To me 5zic sshi, you’ll always be that busybody stranger from the club.” Tasha said with a roll of her eyes.

5zic chuckled. “Speaking of club, did you break up with your boyfriend?”



 

Chapter Posted on: Aug. 9. 2012

Another chapter is up! =D Please enjoy! Don't forget to read and comment! ^^ To those who have subscribed, thanks a looot!