“5zic. The name’s 5zic.”

Beautiful Stranger

“Let go of me!” She struggled. She tried to push him away but he was much too strong, his breath reeking of alcohol. Her boyfriend was drunk. He was always drunk lately. She wasn’t sure why, but she knew she had absolutely nothing to do with it. Her face scrunched up in annoyance as she tried once again to pry his fingers from her arm but to no avail. The music in the club was too loud and her feet ached. She wanted to go home and soaked herself in hot water, wanting to forget about the day. Her boyfriend though, had other plans in mind.

“C’mon Tasha, just a little longer...” He slurred.

“You can stay, I’m leaving.” She replied through pursed lips.

“Babe...”

“Is everything ok here?” Someone suddenly said from above the noise.

Tasha looked to her right, her eyes making out the silhouette of a man. She couldn't see his face, but his platinum blond hair stood out, and so did his deep voice. She narrowed her eyes at him. She didn't need rescuing. She can handle her boyfriend on her own. Who was he to sweep in like a knight in shining armour?

“Everything’s fine. You should go.” Tasha said icily before focusing her attention back towards her boyfriend. “Oppa, I’m leaving. Please, don’t come home until you’re sober enough.” She said. She took a step away from him and practically ran up the stairs and out the club.

The cold wind hit her like a block of ice and she shivered uncontrollably. She had left her jacket in the car, the key being with her boyfriend. She blew at her bangs angrily. Well, there was no way she was going to go back in there. She rubbed her bare arms furiously, her feet slowly making their way to the nearest subway station. It was way past 2 am, and there were too many drunks on the street whistling at her. She walked a little faster, and almost screamed when someone grabbed hold of her arm. She turned around, ready to throw a cuss word, when her eyes saw the same platinum blond hair. It was the man from before.

“What the hell dude? You scared me!” Tasha exclaimed in annoyance.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to do that. But you looked really upset just now. I just wanted to make sure you’re ok.” He said with a sheepish smile. Now that they were outside, she could make out the rest of his face and his smile. There was something really attractive about his smile that her heart actually skipped a beat. She blinked, wanting to get the image out of her head before she sniffed haughtily.

“Who are you to be so concerned? I don't know you.”

“I see that my presence have annoyed you.”

“Nooo. I’m thrilled that you came to talk to me.” Tasha said sarcastically. “Just go away. I’m fine.”

“It’s 2 in the morning. You’re gonna take the subway alone?” He asked her, raising his eyebrow. “At least let me send you home.”

“And I’m supposed to feel safe with you? For all I know, you might even me as soon as we’re alone.” Tasha shuddered.

He let out an incredulous laugh, once again catching Tasha by surprise. His laugh was so mesmerizing... What was happening to her? “What are you doing? Trying to play hard to get? You can trust me. I’m just playing the part of a concerned citizen.”

“Really?” Tasha said, raising her eyebrow. She scrutinized him for quite a while before finally heaving a loud sigh. She had always been a good judge of character and there was just something about him that she found... fascinating. “Fine, whatever. You can come if you want.”

“Cool.” He smiled again. He fell in step beside her and decided to strike up a conversation. “So, what’s your name?”

Tasha held out her hand to stop him. “I said you can accompany me, I didn't say we can chitchat.”

“That guy earlier, was he your boyfriend?” He asked, ignoring her statement. They made their way into the train that was fortunately waiting for them. Tasha turned to him once they found a seat at the back of the train, her expression weary.

“Yes, he’s my boyfriend.”

“Do you love him?” He asked abruptly.

“Whoa! That’s crossing the line. I don't even know you. I don't think I want to share my personal life with you.”

“Ok.” He shrugged. They lapsed into an awkward silence, Tasha fidgeting in her seat. She didn't know why his question bothered her. Why did he even have to ask anyway? What’s it to him?

She let out a loud sigh. “I loved him. I think. I don't know. We’ve been together for so long I don't see... I can’t see myself with anyone other than him.”

“I see. But you’re not happy.” He said knowingly.

Tasha looked at him, her expression one of shock. “Have you been spying on me or something?”

“Actually, would it freak you out if I tell you I noticed you since the first moment you stepped into the club?”

“... You have?” Tasha managed to choke out.

He chuckled as they made their way slowly towards her apartment. “You looked so out of place. You were so awkward to watch, it was kinda cute. Sorry, I’m probably scaring you.”

“I... uhh...” Tasha mumbled, unsure of what to say. She was flattered that he had been staring at her all night, but she wasn’t sure she liked the attention. What would her boyfriend say?

“Speechless... That’s a first.” He grinned.

“Shut up.” Tasha said after finally finding her voice. She stopped in front of a beautiful apartment, her eyes on him. “This is me.” She continued. “... Uhh, thanks.”

“Not a problem.” He said with a nod. “Good night.”

She turned around and was about to walk away when he spoke up. “You should leave him you know...”

“What?” She said, surprised.

 “You don't love him. And you’re not happy. So why stick around? Who knows, maybe you might just find someone better.”

Tasha laughed. “Who? You?”

He smirked. “Maybe.”

“Wait!” Tasha called out as he began to walk in the opposite direction. “I didn't get your name...”

He flashed another smile at her and waved. “5zic. The name’s 5zic.” He said before disappearing from her view altogether.

Tasha smiled to herself as she entered her apartment. 5zic? What kind of a name is that? She wondered if she’ll ever see him again. Yes, he was a nuisance to begin with, but he sent her home and he didn't try anything funny. She should give him the benefit of the doubt. Not to mention his smile... His smile managed to send shivers down her spine, something that she no longer felt with her boyfriend... Maybe 5zic was right. Maybe it was time she left him... She scoffed at her own train of thoughts. What was she doing, listening to a stranger? One thing was for sure though, he was a stranger she didn't mind meeting again... 

 


 

Chapter Posted on: Aug. 8. 2012

First chapter!! hope you guys like it! Please comment and subscribe! Thanks people! =D