“Will we be able to get through forever?”

Beautiful Stranger

Story Completed on: Jun. 19. 2013

Omg omg omg! I finished another story!!! =D High five! I love writing this story! and I just looove 5zic, don't you? Hahaha... Thought I'd post this on top because it's the last chapter and all! I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who subscribed and commented! I LOVE YOU GUYS! I realised that there's not a lot of fanfics on MIB so for those of you who want to give writing a shot, please write about MIB! Hehehe... I'll miss this story! I hope you guys like this last chapter! =D

Ok, without further ado, I present to you, the last chapter of "Beautiful Stranger"!!!! 


 

The answer didn't come to him, until a few months later. They were now a year and 3 months into the relationship and he could not be any happier. She got over the interview, just like she said she would, but he couldn't help thinking that she seemed to be a little off ever since then. She was happy when he was, but he noticed that her smile and her laugh never quite reached her eyes. But it was going to be ok soon, because he finally had something planned, something that would blow away her mind, that was for sure.

He smirked as he checked his reflection in the mirror, inwardly praising himself. He was a handsome man, a fact that he could not deny. He liked his recent hair colour, he thought it made his eyes stand out. He wasn’t trying to impress anyone, but he had to make sure he looked good. It was going to be a memorable day for him today... and Tasha too of course.

“Oppa, why am I here?” Tasha asked, running her fingers through the clothing rack.

“You still haven’t picked out a dress?” 5zic asked, crossing his arms. “We’ve been here for almost an hour!”

“But why do I need to pick out a dress?”

“For tonight of course!”

“Why? What’s going on tonight?” Tasha furrowed her brow.

5zic sighed. This was proving to be harder than he thought. “Tonight is... M.I.B’s first ever concert.”

“Right.” She nodded her head. “But why do I need to dress up for it? I’m just going to be backstage handling your outfits.”

“Baby, just pick one ok? Hurry up because I need to go back to practice. There’s just a few hours left until the concert.” He said, trying to rush her into picking a dress and avoid her unending questions.

She finally managed to pick one and he heaved a sigh of relief once it had been paid for. He never thought it would be difficult to ask a female to go shopping. Wasn’t it in their nature to spend money? Especially if the money wasn’t theirs? Well, he thought as he smiled to himself. His girlfriend wasn’t just any girl... She was different. She was special...

He gave clear instructions to her to wear the dress for tonight before running off towards the stage, where the others were waiting for him. He didn't want to hear any more of her questions. He was scared something might slip out and then it wouldn’t be much of a surprise anymore.

Apparently though, she seemed to be the only one that didn't know. Cream smiled at him when he reached the stage and wriggled his eyebrows playfully.

“Ahh hyung! Ready for tonight?” He asked.

5zic smiled in return before grabbing the microphone. “You bet! She is going to be surprised for sure!”

“Awww! Look at our hyung! Smiling like a little kid! Aigoo! Nomu gwiyowo!” Sims said, clapping his hands in excitement.

“But 5zic yah, are you sure about it?” Kangnam asked, his tone serious.

“Sure about what?” He frowned.

“Well you know...” Kangnam shrugged. “There’ll be thousands of fans watching tonight, are you sure you’re gonna do it in front of them?”

“Hyung, what are you trying to say?”

“What if it doesn’t go according to what you planned? You know what I mean right?” Kangnam said, tapping 5zic’s shoulder lightly.

5zic arched his eyebrow, momentarily at a loss for words. He never thought of that... What Kangnam hyung said made sense... What if it doesn’t go to plan? What would he do then? There was going to be thousands of fans watching them tonight. Suddenly, his knees buckled and he collapsed on the chair, feeling like his heart was about to explode with anxiety. He hoped to goodness everything would go smoothly tonight. She couldn't possibly reject him could she?

“Yah! Gwaenchana?” Kangnam asked, concern. “Yah, I didn't mean what I said earlier. I was just joking with you!”

“Hyung! Don't listen to Kangnam hyung! He’s just sore because he hasn’t found his soul mate yet.” Cream said, trying to console him.

“Aniyo... hyung’s right.” 5zic replied, in a voice barely above a whisper. “What if...”

“There is no what if hyung.” Sims cut in loudly. “She will say exactly what you want to hear. Do you have that little faith in her?”

“Yeah! Exactly what Sims said.” Kangnam joined in, nodding his head in agreement. “Now c’mon, we don't have that much time left. Let’s practice.”

He resumed his position and started rapping, but he couldn't get what had been said out of his mind. He was worried, if not scared of what was about to happen. He had been planning it for so long. He had even convinced himself that it was the right thing to do. He was with the right person for all the right reasons, and he wasn’t, even if he had to die trying, going to let go of her for as long as he lived.

The time for the start of concert came much too soon. It was suddenly time for them to perform, and everyone backstage was in a rush trying to either perfect the boys or the stage. Amidst all the chaos however, the leader stood still, the small velvet box weighing heavily in his pocket, trying to drag him down. He was deaf to the sounds around him, so lost was he in thoughts. He thought he saw his reflection smiling at him, as if trying to encourage him and convince him that everything would be alright before a pair of arms encircled his waist from behind. He turned around and gazed at the smiling face of his girlfriend.

“Oppa... are you ok?” She asked softly. “Are you nervous?”

He held her at arm’s length and noticed that she had changed into the dress he bought for her earlier that day. He stared at her until his eyes were satisfied, and plastered a smile on his face.

“You look beautiful.” He commented with a kiss on her cheek.

She giggled. “Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself.” She said. “You should get ready oppa. The others are waiting for you.”

“Wait!” He said, grabbing hold of her arm. “I have something to ask you.”

“Ok, what is it?” She said, looking at him expectantly. “You have exactly 5 minutes before you have to go so you better say it fast.”

“Tasha yah... do you love me?” He asked, his voice serious.

She raised her eyebrow at him. “What kind of a question is that? Of course I love you oppa, with all my heart.” She replied earnestly.

That was all he needed to hear. With just a simple sentence, she managed to calm his nerves and get rid of all his anxiety. She was a mountain in his fast pace life, stable and familiar. He needed that. He needed someone to keep him grounded, someone who would always remind him to stay humble and honest. He also wanted someone he could run to when things become difficult, someone who would make him forget, even for a moment, that he was a celebrity, that he was famous. She was exactly what he had hoped for...

“Do you trust me?” He whispered gently, his hand caressing her cheek.

“I do.” She said just as softly. “But why are you so serious oppa? You’re just going to go perform. We’ll see each other after you’re done.” She continued, not understanding what was going on.

He crashed his lips on hers then, the kiss accompanied by a sense of urgency and love. His heart swelled as their lips made contact and all sort of thoughts flew out of his mind. All he could think of at that moment was she was his... And they were going to be together forever, soon... real soon...

Her smile stretched from ear to ear as she watched them perform from the sidelines a while later. His rap was beautiful, but his voice was even more so. The scream the fans emitted when he finally took off that bothersome jacket was loud, something that did not escape her attention. But she was fine with that, because everyone had the right to admire something beautiful, and what was more beautiful than 5zic?

He sensed her eyes on him as he performed, and the little box in his pocket became heavier with each song. The concert was coming to an end real soon and he wondered if she would laugh it off or yell at him for pulling such a stunt after it was all over. He sincerely hoped it wasn’t the latter...

“Yeah... so we hope all of you had fun as much as we did.” Kangnam called out to the crowd a while later. “Sadly though, we’ve come to the end of the concert...”

The fans gave another scream and Sims waved his hand to calm them down. “We promise we’ll come back with a better song and a better image as M.I.B, so please do look forward to that...”

“Hold on a sec, we’re done?” Cream asked to the other members. “Don't we have another song to perform?”

“Ahhh yes yes! You’re right! But isn’t it leader hyung’s solo?” Sims asked back while 5zic laughed. This was it...

Tasha frowned. Another song? But they had sung all their songs... Why was he singing another one?

“Actually, I wrote this song just recently...” 5zic said to the crowd. He turned his head to the side and focused his eyes on Tasha who was staring back at him in confusion. What was going on?

“I don't know if you guys remember, but on an interview we did a few months ago, when the interviewer asked me if I have a girlfriend, I said no. Well, to tell you guys the truth, I lied.”

The crowd screamed again and Tasha’s eyes grew wide with realization. He wasn’t going to tell the crowd of her existence was he?

“She’s... ahh, she’s beautiful.” He finally managed to say. “Debuting as a part of M.I.B was great, but honestly, she’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. She laughed when I laughed, she cried with me when I cried. I could not have asked for a better or more perfect person than she. She’s been with me through thick and thin. She’s so honest, so down-to-earth, so kind... I could go on forever but I don't think you guys want to hear everything.” He said with a small laugh. “In short, I do believe I have found my other half, my soul mate. Tasha baby, can you come out for a minute?”

She didn't realised that she had been staring at him, wide open when she suddenly felt herself being dragged towards centre stage by the rest of the members. She quickly fixed her hair that had somehow become unruly and cleared nervously, aware that everyone was staring at her.

But it didn't matter, because she only had eyes for 5zic. When the music started, when he started rapping, all she could hear was his voice, and all she could see was him. When he grabbed hold of her hand, she felt him and she calmed down, albeit only a little. She focused on the lyrics of the song, trying to decipher what he was trying to tell her. When she finally caught the message, her eyes brimmed with unshed tears, making them sparkle.

The song finally came to an end and the crowd was cheering, but she heard none of those. There was only one thing she was focused on, and that was 5zic.

“Tasha yah...” His voice resonated throughout the hall for everybody to hear. “Baby, I love you. I’ve loved you since the first moment I laid my eyes on you. I knew when I saw you, that you were the one. You had to be. You’re just perfect... Aniyo, perfect can’t even describe how you are to me. Honestly, I can’t imagine my life without you. You’ve been my girlfriend for a year and 3 months. I’d like to end that now...” He trailed off. He fished for the velvet box from his pocket, slowly opening it while he knelt down on one knee. He could hear the scream getting louder, though he wasn’t sure whether they were of joy of sadness. He couldn't care less. If they were true fans, they would stick by him no matter what... regardless of whether he was single or married. He knew that now...

“Oppa...” She said softly. The tears rolled down her cheeks but she had a smile on her face, the butterflies in her stomach multiplying tenfold. She knew what he was about to do and she couldn't wait for him to pop the question, so she could give him the answer she wanted to say and he wanted to hear...

“Tasha baby, will you do me the honour of marrying me? I promise to always make you happy, I’ll be there for you twenty four seven, I’ll be the shoulder you can lean on, I’ll be your everything. Marry me?”

A fresh set of tears escaped her eyes and she heard the other members urging her to reply. She pulled 5zic to his feet before nodding her head almost shyly. The cheer that followed was deafening and she buried her face in the crook of his neck, embarrassed. She heard him laugh before he stepped out of her embrace and grabbed her hand so he could slip the ring on her finger. He kissed her then, a short but sweet kiss. When he pulled away, he leaned his forehead on hers, matching smiles on both their faces.

“Together forever?” He whispered for her to hear.

“Will we be able to get through forever?”

“With you sweetheart, anything is possible...” He said lovingly.

She laughed at him before poking his chest. “You do realise that I’ll yell at you later tonight for doing this in front of everybody do you?”

“I’ll take my chances. But I was hoping you could give it a rest for tonight.”

“Hmm...” She said narrowing her eyes playfully at him. “Maybe I will. But just because you’re my fiancé now does not mean I’ll take it easy on you.”

“Yeh... Arasseo.” He said dutifully.

“Good. In that case, I love you...” Tasha grinned. He wasn't a stranger anymore, he was simply... beautiful. 

“I love you too...”

“Err guys, can you take it backstage now? Some of the fans are crying!” Kangnam bellowed. 

 

-FIN-