“What if... I never find anyone I can be happy with?”

Beautiful Stranger

 

Tasha looked up from her sketchbook, satisfied at last. She had finally managed to complete three different concepts for MIB’s up and coming music video, something she was excited about considering they would all be flying to the States just to film it. Her eyes scanned her sketches once more before a frown made its way onto her face. Two of 5zic’s concepts were too simple. A jacket, a pair of jeans, and a wife beater. What was she doing putting him in a wife beater? She growled under her breath. It was too late to change anything. And besides, it won’t hurt the group if he shows a bit more muscles...

A sigh escaped her parted lips as her mind wondered about 5zic. He hasn’t bugged her ever since she took his measurements, and that was a week ago. She didn't know why she was feeling so disappointed. It was as if... she missed him. She shook her head as she gathered her things. No way... She wanted him to leave, and he had. If there was anything she should feel, it was happiness. This... disappointment just felt strange...

She checked her watch as she made her way towards the elevator. It was nearing 1 am in the morning, and she still had to take the subway home. She prayed for a smooth journey. She did not want anything weird to happen...

Her feet halted in front of the studio, her mind once again on 5zic. Would he still be inside? Her hand reached for the knob but she dared not turn it. They haven’t spoken in a week and if they were to meet face to face right now, she wouldn’t know what to say. She let her hand fall limply back to her side and was about to walk away when the door was suddenly pulled open, revealing 5zic... in nothing but a wife beater.

She gulped as she stared at his flexed arm. There was no denying the fact that she loved his physique. There was just something about him that pulled her towards him, something she couldn't quite explain...

“Yes?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Ahh... uhh.” Tasha stuttered, sweat trickling down the back of her neck. “I was just... checking to see if you’re still here...”

“Obviously I am right?” He replied.

“Uhh yeah.” Tasha said nervously. “Right... I uhh... I’m... gonna go home. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She added before quickly walking away, the beating of her heart so loud she thought her eardrums were about to burst.

She walked by the shops slowly, puzzled by his behaviour. He seemed very cold just now... Why? Why was he angry at her? Was it because she told him that she hasn’t broken up with her boyfriend? Was that why he was angry with her? But that didn't have anything to do with him, so his anger towards her was irrational. He had no right to be angry at her...

She was too absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't realize where she was walking until she bumped into someone, someone that reeked of alcohol. She looked up and her eyes widened in fear as she took in the large man that had her arm in a tight grip.

“Ahjussi, what are you doing? Let me go!” Tasha pleaded as she struggled to break free.

The man snickered and tightened his grip. “I don't think so sweet pea. Not until you let me taste your...” He sniffed her lips and his own curled into a creepy smile. “Strawberry scented lips.”

“Ahjussi, stop it! Let go of me!” Tasha pleaded again. “I’ll scream!”

“Scream all you want sweetheart, no one’s going to hear you.” He challenged her. He pulled her closer towards him but Tasha continued to thrash around, not giving him the chance to plant his lips on hers.

“I thought she told you to let her go old man.”

Tasha breathed a sigh of relief at the sound of 5zic’s voice coming from behind her. She had never felt so glad until now. She looked over her shoulder and saw him standing there, the expression on his face as if questioning her.

“And who are you? Her boyfriend?”

5zic shrugged. “Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. What the hell does it matter? Just let her go.”

The man waved his hand at 5zic, motioning for him to leave. “Run along little boy, and leave us alone.”

5zic was beside them in an instant, his hand clasped around the old man’s throat. The expression on his face was murderous, his eyes flashing in anger, something that caught Tasha by surprise. She quickly stepped away from the old man when she felt the grip on her arm loosened and stood to the side, watching 5zic in slight admiration.

“Go ahjussi and don’t dare come back. I really don't want to hurt you.” 5zic said, his voice low and threatening.

Tasha cleared to catch 5zic’s attention after the old man scurried away in fright. “Thank you...” She uttered softly.

“What the Tasha? I’m not with you and you got yourself in trouble?” 5zic exclaimed in frustration.

“Hey! It’s not like I went looking for it ok? How was I supposed to know this was gonna happen?” Tasha shouted back. “You know what, I take back my ‘thank you’. I regretted it.”

“What?”

“Whatever 5zic. Just go home, and leave me the hell alone.” Tasha spat as she strode towards the train station.

“Wait, whoa. You’re crazy if you think I’m going to let you go home alone. I’ll send you. Let’s take the bus.”

“You know, you’ve been ignoring me for the past week and now you want to send me home? I don't get you!”

5zic sighed in frustration. “I just... I don't know. I’m sorry ok?”

Tasha narrowed her eyes at him. “I don't need a bodyguard.”

“Then let me be your friend... please. I’m worried about you.” 5zic said gently.

She could see how sincere he was with his statement and she furrowed her brow in confusion. “Why are you so nice one second and so cold to me the next? Why did you get so angry when I told you I still haven’t broken up with my boyfriend?”

5zic let out an incredulous chuckle, shaking his head at her. “You still don't get it? Wow, for someone as creative as you, you sure are quite dense sometimes...”

“Huh? What?”

“C’mon, the bus is here. Let’s go.” 5zic said, walking towards the bus stop without waiting for her. She ran to catch up with him and contemplated on whether she should sit next to him. Deciding not to, she took the seat in front of him, rolling her eyes when she caught the smirk on his face. She was starting to believe that she could really die from all the stuff he did with his lips, be it smiling, smirking or laughing... or anything else... She dared not let her mind wander elsewhere, for fear of getting caught by him...

She felt the seat she was sitting on moved and knew immediately that he had changed seats. She kept her eyes glued on the window. She couldn't look at him, not if she didn't want him to hear the loud beating of her heart...

“I’m sorry.” He suddenly spoke up from beside her.

She turned her head, and focused her questioning eyes on him. “For what?”

“For... being angry. I know I had absolutely no right to... But I just... don't know why I was so upset about it. I’m sorry.” He explained quietly.

Tasha sighed. “I’m in quite a complicated situation now 5zic shhi. You wouldn’t understand...”

“Then please, explain to me. Make me understand! You don't love him, so I don't get why you won’t leave him...” 5zic frowned. The sound the bus made was quite loud, preventing anyone else from listening in to their conversation.

Tasha tore her eyes away from him and focused on the scenery outside. “He... saved me from... getting once, just like you did just now... But when he saved me years ago, I was half . He found me just in time... I fell in love with him. But he changed over time and I guess you can say that I stayed with him only because I felt... indebted to him. Now, I just... I don't know how to leave him...” Tasha said, her voice so low 5zic had to strain his ears just make out her sentences.

“Tasha, you don't owe him anything.” 5zic said when they finally got off at their destined stop.

“You don't get it 5zic sshi...” Tasha whispered.

“I do.” 5zic said, pulling her to a stop. He clasped her shoulders and looked earnestly into her eyes. “I understand it. You felt like you owe him because he saved your ity. But that was years ago. Right now you gotta think of yourself. Yes, he gave you a second chance to live and you will probably be grateful to him for the rest of your life but that doesn't mean you owe him! You shouldn’t waste your life with someone you’re not happy with...”

“What if... I never find anyone I can be happy with?” Tasha asked inaudibly.

5zic growled under his breath before crashing his lips on hers, tasting the strawberry scent that had been intoxicating his mind since he first met her. The butterflies in his stomach multiplied tenfold as he watched her closed her eyes in pleasure. He smiled against her lips. So he does have an effect on her... Why was she so scared to take the next step?

“I suggest... you don't speak too soon Tasha sshi...” 5zic mumbled against her lips.

Breathless, Tasha looked at him, stars in her eyes. She unconsciously her lips and took a step back. “I should go...” She said, not knowing what else to say.

“You live here?” 5zic asked with a raise of his eyebrow.

“I uhh... yeah. Here... somewhere. I’ll... see you tomorrow 5zic sshi...” Tasha said flustered. She walked away from him before he could stop her. But she didn't go very far when she stopped and spun on her heels, feeling like she ought to express her gratitude. “5zic... oppa! Thank you!”

 


 

Chapter Posted on: Aug. 15. 2012

Another chapter is uppp! ^^ Thank you to everyone who's been reading the story so far! I honestly don't know how long this story's gonna be... Hahaha... anyways, hope you guys enjoy! Don't forget to comment and subscribe! Thanks people! ^^