“What is it that you want Tasha?”

Beautiful Stranger

She took a sip of her cold coffee and her eyes caught sight of the man that has been avoiding her like the plague for the past few days. She watched him as he made his way over to the buffet area and a sigh escaped her parted lips. She recalled the events of that night, how angry he was when she told him she was still with her boyfriend... The way he glared at her was unnerving. Needless to say, he refused to talk to her or even look in her direction the next day and the days that followed. She knew he had no right to be so angry at her, after all, she never did anything wrong. But this uncomfortable feeling at the pit of her stomach was making her sick, and she felt guilty. Maybe it was partly her fault, she shouldn’t have strung him along the way she did...

She stood up from her seat and strolled towards him, her palms sweating. No matter what, she had to talk to him today. They were heading back to Korea in a few hours and she didn't want the last memory of her in the US be of them not talking...

She cleared and tapped his broad shoulder nervously.

“Hi.” She said when he turned to look.

Her jaw dropped open when he ignored her and instead, continued buttering his toast.

She bit her lip in slight annoyance. “5zic. It’s been 5 freaking days. Are you really gonna continue ignoring me?”

She was met with another silence.

“Seriously? This is not fair!” She exclaimed, loud enough for them both to hear the frustration in her voice.

He raised his eyebrow at her, his toast long forgotten. “What exactly is not fair? The fact that you uhh I don't know, forgot to tell me that you were still with that jerk you call boyfriend, or the fact that you string me along all this while making me think that I have a chance with you?”

Tasha looked down, ashamed. “I’m sorry I didn't tell you... I guess we shouldn’t have done what we did...”

“Excuse me, we? If I remember correctly, you were the one who kept kissing me all the time...”

“You started it! If you didn't kiss me that night when you rescued me, none of this would’ve happened!” Tasha said, raising her voice again.

“I don't see the point in us talking if we’re gonna keep blaming each other. There really is nothing that can be done... until you break up with your boyfriend.” 5zic said and was about to walk away when she grabbed his arm.

“Wait. You can’t just leave like this.”

“And why not?”

Tasha’s lower lip trembled. “Because you’re mad at me... and I feel...”

“What? Uncomfortable? Guilty?” 5zic raised his eyebrow. “You should be. You see how prominent the dark circles under my eyes are? I didn't get a wink of sleep for the past 5 days, thanks to you.”

Tasha stared at his retreating back, feeling like she could burst into tears at any moment. Why was he doing this to her? It’s bad enough that she couldn't stop thinking about him, now she has to deal with this massive guilt because she was the cause of his lack of sleep?

She tapped her foot as she waited for everyone to gather at the lobby, her mind still on 5zic. Why couldn't she get him out of her head?

I love you...

She blushed when she remembered the words he uttered that night. She could feel the heat rise up her neck and she fanned herself. This is not good... There was no doubt that she was as attracted to him as he was to her, but... her boyfriend... What was she going to do with him? Why was it so hard to let go of him? It was so obvious that she liked someone else...

“Tasha!” Someone chirped brightly.

She snapped out of her reverie and smiled at Cream, who was looking at her with concern.

“Ahh Cream, ready to go?” She asked distractedly.

“Tasha sshi, you look like you have the whole weight of the world on your shoulder, are you ok?”

Tasha let out a small chuckle but before she could reply, someone interrupted. “She’s figuring out what to do Cream. Just leave her alone will you?”

“Oh! 5zic hyung! What do you mean? What is she trying to figure out?” Cream furrowed his brow.

Her eyes followed him as he walked past her and her heart fluttered as she caught whiff of his musky scent. She wanted to go after him, she wanted him to look at her the way he used to look at her... She couldn't handle the fact that he was ignoring her. Simply put, she missed him...

She plopped into her seat next to the window and took out her earphones. She knew he wasn’t going to sit anywhere near her today and it suited her just fine. She wouldn’t know to say, let alone how to act... She needed time to think about what she was going to do with her boyfriend. She knew he still loves her, what with the constant phone calls and the bouquets he kept sending to Dina’s apartment... How could she tell him she wanted to break up with him when he had done so much for her?

When 5zic’s voice blared out from the earphones, she turned off her mp3. She didn't need is voice to complicate the matter even further. She stood up from her seat and was about to walk towards the small restroom when she noticed him sleeping just a few seats behind her. The seat next to him was empty and she sat herself down, staring at his peaceful face. She wanted to reach out and touch him. Her fingers hovered over his lips, remembering how they used to kiss her... with such passion too...

“Amazing view isn’t it?” His lips moved.

She jumped in surprise and retracted her hand. His eyes fluttered open and he sat up straight, his eyes on her face, expecting an answer.

“I uhh... I was just...” She stuttered nervously.

“What is it that you want Tasha?” 5zic asked quietly.

“I was... on my way to the restroom but I saw you... sleeping, and I...”

“That’s not what I meant.” He said, leaning in even closer.

“5zic I...”

“It’s not that difficult Tasha. You just have to choose between me and him...”

Tasha slumped in her seat and she shook her head. “It’s not that simple 5zic. I thought I told you what he did for me...”

He grabbed hold of her hand, catching Tasha by surprise. She saw the desperation in his eyes, and she gulped anxiously.

“I can do so much more for you. You know I can... Just let go of him. You don't owe him anything anymore... You don't love him anymore...”

A small smile played on her lips. “Oh really? Then tell me 5zic sshi, who am I in love with?”

He smirked, and pulled her towards him, their noses mere inches from each other. They were in a very familiar position, something that didn't escape her mind...

“We both know the answer to that...” He whispered as he caressed her cheek. “C’mon Tasha, give me a chance...”

“Ok...” She blurted out before she could stop herself, so lost was she in his eyes. “I’ll break up with him as soon as we land...”

His face lit up and he placed a quick kiss on her cheek, something he longed to do. “That was easy...” He chuckled. “I thought I needed to do a lot more persuasion than that...”

She raised her eyebrow at him. “What did you have in mind?”

He shrugged, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. “Oh you know, something like... kissing you senseless...”

She laughed, feeling like she was floating on clouds. In truth, she was shaking in her boots. She had no idea how to break it to her boyfriend. There was a difficult day ahead of her, and she closed her eyes, mentally preparing herself. Yes, she wanted 5zic, but she wasn’t sure if she was willing to let her boyfriend go... Was she that selfish?

“I’m sorry...” She heard 5zic uttered softly. “I’m sorry for being so angry at you... It’s just... I was so sure you were going to be mine... Then when I found out that you still belonged to someone else, I guess you could say I was crushed. I wanted you for myself, I didn't want to share you with anyone else...”

“And I meant what I said... I do love you...” 


Chapter Posted on: May. 28. 2013

 

Another chapter is up! And uhh, just wanna say that her boyfriend is not JUST a boyfriend... It'll be someone famous *hint hint* but i'm still not sure who so yeah... wait for it! I will reveal him next chapter! most probably... =) hope you guys like this chapter! Please enjoy! =D