15-

The Scientist

Okay this is isn't a chapter but I realize some of you may be confused as to what's going on in the story, especially cause I'm uber slow. 

I've also left things out on purpose in order for them to be revealed later.

But just so you're not confused, here's a list of things you should currently know and may have forgotten (some of these may seem like mundane details, but they're all significant or will be when things get cleared up later in the fic): 

 

1. Baekhyun is not on good terms with his Mother, Eun Mae. 

2. Baekhyun's relationship with Kyungsoo is strained, but still alive.

3. Baekhyun was diagnosed with claustrophobia when he was 8 and fell into that narrow hole in the forest. 

-Baekhyun is interning for Dr. Park Chanyeol, considered a genius worldwide.

-Dr. Chen is Baekhyun's chemistry proffessor. Back in his high school days, Chen worked at a bookshop and came across a lost 8 year old Baekhyun reading Chanyeol's first book, Stars and Beyond.

 

4. Dr. Choi was Baekhyun's doctor breifly. And has been Chanyeol's family's doctor. 

5. Taeyeon is Dr. Choi's niece, who's parents died in a car crash. 

6. Taeyon and Chanyeol are good friends. 

 

7. Kris is Chanyeol's secretary and has a "brother" who has the Palvolia Virus (the disease Chanyeol and his intern, Baekhyun are working on to find the cure of)

8. Tao is Kris' fiancee. They plan to get married in Bali in a few months (yes this will turn out to be significant later).

 

9. Jongin writes poetry under the name Kai and publishes it in Seoul University's newspaper, Sinmun. 

10. Kyungsoo is a staff writer for Sinmun and Suho is the editor in chief. 

11. As far as Jongin knows, only he, Baekhyun and Suho know that he is Kai. 

12. Jongin made Baekhyun join the Winter Ball Committee to plan the annual ball held by Seoul University. He hopes Baekhyun will take Chanyeol, and wants to take Kyungsoo himself. 

13. Kyungsoo is a fan of Kai's poetry, but Jongin is still shy to talk to him. 

14. They shared a kiss because of Luhan's dare. But Jongin thinks Kyungsoo and Suho are dating, because of how much time they spend together. Kyungsoo and Suho also both have black paint marks over their hands and arms.

 

Okay here's where it's a little more confusing:

15. Seung Jo is Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's father who walked out on Eun Mae (this will be elaborated on). He returned when Baekhyun was in the hospital after the accident, but Eun Mae told him she would never forgive him for leaving her.

16. Eun Mae and Seung Jo were not on good terms (this will also be elaborated on), and in the present day Seung Jo, who was a heavy smoker is no longer alive (again will be elaborated on).

17. Eun Mae considers her son, Baekhyun to be "heartless", and you will understand why later.

 

Okay if you were able to follow that, thank you so much l0l and well done.

I know it's hard to keep track of all these things since I update so slowly. I guess my suggestion would be to wait until I've finished it and read it in one go. 

But if you are going to stick around: thank you so much! This story is too complicated for its own good ><

If you're still confused, send me a PM~