Dream

Remember Me

 

You let your toes sink into the nice warm sand as a cool breeze blew through your hair; you had always loved the beach. The sun peaked through a blanket of clouds instantly making the beach seem much brighter than it was a minute ago. Sighing you lie back on your towel and close your eyes, you hadn't felt this relaxed in a long time.

"Aah, such a great idea to come to the beach." You say to yourself with a smile. Although something seemed a bit off, you felt way more relaxed than you normally would. Realization seemed to flood over your senses, as you open your eyes and sit up while looking around, "Since when did I come to the beach? I was Seoul just a minute ago!" You say to no one in particular. Standing up you seem to notice that you are the only one on the beach except for two figures off in the distance.

Wanting to know where you're at you begin walking toward the two figures. As you approach them, they don't seem to notice you at all, "Hey! Hello!" You shout trying to grab their attention. Your shouting does all but nothing as they keep their backs turned to you, only looking at the water as it washes ashore.

Deciding to go even closer to them, you realize that you can't really make out any of their detailed features except for the fact that one is a man and the other a woman. Once you seem to notice that, the two people startle you by suddenly moving. "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?" You ask the two now that you're obviously in their sight range.

The two people don't acknowledge your words at all, not even a glance in your direction they only look at each other as you stand there starting to become hopeless that you will stuck here forever. 

Ready to wander in hope that you won't find people who act as if you're invisible, you are startled again when you hear a deep voice begin to speak. Turning around you look at the two and see that they are moving. You can't see their eyes, but you can see the man's mouth moving as a voice comes out in a muffled tone you could not understand at all.

The man finishes and seems as if he is waiting for the woman's reply. You notice that there is a slight smile on her lips as she begins to speak to the man and in the moment a feeling of great deja vu washes over you. Now you wanted to know who these people were to make you feel as if you had this happen to you before, but you couldn't put your finger on exactly when you had come to a beach with a man before.

Continuing to watch them the man says something that obviously had meaning to it, because you saw a smile you know you've seen before form on both of their faces as the woman repeats his incoherent words. Then they embraced saying things you really wish you could understand.

"So they are lovers, huh?" You unconsciously say out loud.

As if confirming your words, the two come out of the embrace and the man leans down towards the woman as she stands on her tiptoes their features slowly melting together.

You stare at the two intensely as if it was a television drama, but it doesn't last long when they turn to look at you with all their features showing. Staring into their eyes you know deep down that you recognize them, "Who are you?" You suddenly blurt out.

The man grabs the woman's hand and walks towards you, "Who are we? I would assume that you already know." He says as the woman lets go of his hand and stands right in front of you.

She smiles knowingly at you, "In time you will learn." She says softly before cupping your cheeks in her hands and leaning in to plant a gentle kiss on your forehead.

 

 

A dream that is all it was, just a simple dream that you now had a hard time remembering some of the details that had been so clear before. Letting out a small sigh you open your eyes, ready for what the day may bring you. As usual the day tended to bring surprises to you before you were actually ready for them or even fully awake for that matter.

Once your vision focused on the figure in front of you, your heart began to race as you held your breath trying not to make a sound. The surprise left as quickly as it came when you remembered that it had been a week since you had confessed your feelings for Kyuhyun in front of a lobby full of people. After that the two of you had become nearly inseparable, so much so that Kyuhyun had refused to sleep on the couch anymore leaving you to wake up surprised every morning.

You let your breath out in a quiet sigh as you smile at Kyuhyun's sleeping face. The whole week he had been the one to wake up before you because of his hectic schedule, but today there was nothing going on leaving you to admire his sleeping face. Even when he wasn't aware that you were staring at him, it still made your heart flutter. Most of the time it felt quite unreal to be in love, especially with Kyuhyun. 

Shaking your head to yourself, you try to get those thoughts out of your head. You needed to believe it was real and treasure the future memories to be made because the possibility of forgetting could happen again. There was a chance that you could also get your memories back, but you didn't know if you wanted to remember anymore, what if you didn't like what you could remember?

"How much longer were you planning on staring at me?" Kyuhyun asks as he looks back into your eyes with a slight smirk on his face.

Being lost in thought instantly stopped when you hear Kyuhyun's voice, blinking you realize he is staring at you, causing you to blush on the spot. You pull the blanket over your head trying to hide your face, "I wasn't staring! Your face just happened to be there!" You exclaim.

"Just happened to be there, huh?" Kyuhyun remarks with a grin on his face.

"Yes, that's exactly it." You say with a muffled voice under the blanket.

Kyuhyun props himself up by his elbow facing you who is still hiding your face under the blanket. With his other hand he slowly pulls the blanket off your face, his expression no longer playful, but more serious, "I never said you had to stop, in fact I really didn't want you to." He admits.

You avoid looking him in the eyes, "I can't anymore, now that you're aware of me doing it." You explain.

Kyuhyun sighs, "Come on ____-ah, I stare at you when you're aware of it and when you're not." 

You blush, how could admit to such things so easily when you're here being all embarrassed by it? 

"Oh and you should work on the snoring problem you have when you're asleep." Kyuhyun says as the playfulness in his voice returns.

Your eyes widen as you quickly lift your head up and look at Kyuhyun, "Yah! I don't snore!" You say defensively.

Kyuhyun grins at you before leaning in and pecking you on the lips, "Well, at least I got you to look at me again." He says.

Caught off guard, you know he knows you're blushing bright red right now causing you to react by sitting up completely and turning around, "Aish, I'm going to get something to eat." You say quickly ready to get off the bed. Suddenly, you feel Kyuhyun's arm wrap around your waist and pull you back onto the bed and into his arms.

He rests his chin on your shoulder as he holds you close, "Can't we stay like this for just a little bit longer?" He asks.

You let out a sigh and smile your feeling of being flustered completely gone. Turning around, you bury yourself in Kyuhyun's embrace, "Okay," You say feeling safe just being in his arms.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy New Year, Readers!

This chapter, I guess you could call it a filler type cheesy chapter. The reason I took so long to get something so short out, was because I'm not used to centering a chapter around just being cheesy and lovey and such(so I apologize for my terrible writing on this, lol). I got terrible writers block after I finished writing about the dream the reader had. 

I will try to make the next chapter longer, and I'm sooo sorry for making all of you wait! 

I hope you enjoy this short chapter though! I also hope all of you are enjoying the New Year :)

-Paige