Out of Reach

Remember Me

I open my eyes to a dim early morning light, I hadn't gotten much sleep lately especially in these past two weeks. I wish I could just lay here in my bed, not doing anything for the whole day, but if I were to do that I would miss out on the chance of seeing her.

Turning over to face the other side of the bed, I stare at the empty space where she used to lay, always silently breathing in her beautiful slumber. Now there was nothing, not even a trace of her scent lingered, it was just air.

That very air seemed to taunt me, telling me that she was out of my reach, that she was gone for good. Now I had also began to believe what the invisible air told me, and knowing this made everything feel hopeless, like I was stuck and couldn't move. It didn't feel right anymore, nothing did. 

That is when I began to question the whole nature of this disaster. Why did this happen? What did I do to deserve this? What did she do to deserve this? The questions wouldn't stop pouring into my mind, and the more they did the less sense any of this seemed to make. 

I couldn't grasp that in a matter of seconds all that I had done to grab a hold of her heart was gone. All the courage I'd built up to finally confess my feelings to her, to have her notice me was all for nothing. It seemed like all these memories were worthless, I didn't want to remember them anymore, because all it did was cause pain, so much pain.

 

Going to work, it was something I didn't want to do today, because for some reason I felt even more worse than I had during these two weeks. Even though I was able to hear her voice from Ji Hyun's strange call this morning, I couldn't help but feel that she would avoid me for another week, or even more. 

Slowly, I made my way to my dressing room, not paying much attention to anything but my thoughts. Walking down the hall I began to notice that I was early to work, besides some stylists and designers being here it seemed as if it were only me. 

Finally making it to my dressing room, I walk in taking a seat on the couch and sigh before laying my head down on the arm rest. Even though I had only just come to work I was already worn out, all this endless thinking wasn't good for me at all. Yawning, I decide to close my eyes for few minutes, just a few.

 

When the time came for consciousness to come back to me, I was surprised to see Joon Hee above me when I opened my eyes. Somehow, she had managed to get my head on her lap while I was asleep and now she was staring down at me with an expression of a caring girlfriend. 

Joon Hee quickly realized I was awake and pouted at me, "Oppa! You missed the meeting today, why are you in here sleeping?" She whines in a voice that sparked a small amount of irritation within me.

Still half asleep I don't answer her and sit up while rubbing my head, trying to figure out how long I had slept and why Joon Hee was in here in the first place.

Joon Hee furrows her brows, not liking that she was ignored, "Oppa! Answer me!" She demands as she scoots closer to me, wrapping her arms around one of mine and staring at me.

I turn my head towards Joon Hee, looking at her with no expression and stand up, "If you want an answer, I was tired." I say bluntly as I pull my arm out of her grip. Not waiting for her reaction, I walk over to the vanity and grab my water bottle, taking a drink.

Joon Hee stands up and walks up behind me, "It's probably that stupid girl who is making you tired..." She says in a whisper, thinking I wouldn't hear.

Once I hear those words I stop drinking my water and set it back down, then I turn to face Joon Hee, "What did you just say?" I ask as anger begins to spark inside of me.

Joon Hee's eyes widen in surprise once she realizes that I heard her, "I-I... Oppa! She doesn't love you, I'm the one who does! Why can't you give up on her? You're too good for her anyway!" Joon Hee confesses with a whine as she wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me into an unwanted embrace.

Finally realizing what Joon Hee's motive is, I put my hands on her shoulders turn her around and push her against the wall "You still don't seem to get it after all these years..." I say with annoyance as I glare at her.

Joon Hee looks up at me her pout still plastered on her face, "W-what? Oppa, what are you talking about?" She asks

I look into her eyes, "You did this exact thing when I first met her, and if I remember correctly, I rejected you." I say coldly.

Joon Hee's whole face drops to a frown as she looks away from me, but as she does this she seems to notice something and looks right back up with some sort of smirk, "No, you didn't reject me, you just weren't ready for me yet." She explains.

"Yah, what are you-" I'm silenced as Joon Hee wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me closer until our lips are touching. That is when everything went completely wrong.

Literally a second after Joon Hee kissed me, the door opens and I hear a voice I would never want to hear in this situation, "Kyuhyun, here is your-."

Once her words stopped, I knew, I knew that it was all over now, because there was no way I could ever explain this without it sounding like a cheap excuse. Still, my body pulled away from Joon Hee, I shouted her name as if I were in shock, but it all felt so unreal. Still, I tried to explain myself, when I'd just admitted that there was no way out. Yet, nothing worked, she'd left just as fast as she had come.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone~! Sorry this chapter is a little shorter than usual, but I hope you still like it!

So, what do you think of Kyuhyun's point of view in present tense instead of him just remembering things? 

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this chapter! Thank you to everyone who has subscribed and commented to/on my story! :]

-Paige