All At Once

Remember Me

 

Even though you knew it wasn't worth it to cry anymore the tears still poured out of your eyes as you buried your head in Eunhyuk's chest. It didn't feel right to be like this with Eunhyuk, but at that moment he seemed like your only source of comfort.

When you finally started to calm down, Eunhyuk's arms left your back as he pulled out of the embrace. Putting his hands on your shoulders he looked into your swollen red eyes, "I won't ever let you get hurt like that again." Eunhyuk says to you with a very serious look.

As Eunhyuk's words sink in, you search his eyes looking for anything that might be a lie, but find nothing of that sort, "I know," You say truthfully.

Eunhyuk's eyes widen in surprise, "Really? You really know?" He asks with hope.

Realizing that his hopes are starting to build up you quickly shake your head, "What I mean is that, I do know you would never let that happen, but if I don't get hurt like this I won't ever learn or experience things like what I have during these past months." You say trying to explain your thoughts to Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk's shoulders instantly slump when he understands what you are telling him, "Oh, then that means you won't give him up will you?" He asks breaking the eye contact you had with him.

Looking down at the floor you try to think about how honest you should be, right now you were so torn that you didn't know what to do, but eventually you come to a decision, "I can't, I can't give him up." You answer

You feel Eunhyuk's hands drop stiffly from your shoulders as he turns around, avoiding looking at you, "Why?" He asks with a shaky voice.

Starting to feel uncomfortable with the questions you don't answer clearly, "Well, it's because-"

Eunhyuk whirls around looking at you with eyes that are both angry and sad, "Just tell me why!" he shouts before talking again, "Tell me why you don't see me! Why you're crying here when you should be the happiest girl on Earth! Tell me why I can't have you!" Eunhyuk pleads as his eyes begin to turn red.

You look away from Eunhyuk trying to avoid all the pain his face shows you, "You know exactly why..." You say.

Eunhyuk grabs you by the shoulders again pulling you in front of him, forcing you to look at him, "If I know, then say it!" 

"It’s because I love him!" You blurt out as fresh tears fall from your eyes. It had been so overwhelming to hold it in, but now you had finally said it out loud, confirmed what you were really feeling was real. You look down trying to hide your face, "I don't know when or how I started to feel like this, it just came to the point that my feelings were so strong that I couldn't possibly ignore them anymore!" You say while trying to wipe the tears away from your face.

Eunhyuk stares into your eyes as if he were searching for something, "So you're just going to keep feeling like that? Dealing with the pain of knowing it can never be, alone?" He asks.

You nod, feeling the pain full blown for the first time, because now your feelings would never be felt in any form of happiness. Kyuhyun had lied to you, he'd said he loved you, but in reality he was just leading you on a path of painful heartbreak. "It may take a long time, but I'll have to get over him, and if my memories come back I will just get over him again." You say with uncertain certainty.

Eunhyuk looks at you for a long time before shaking his head, "You won't be able to do it, you can't because it will be too hard on you. How do you expect to make it through that alone?" He asks.

You stare at Eunhyuk with wide eyes; he was telling you the truth before you had even started to doubt your own words. How could he know that it would be near impossible for you to get over Kyuhyun even though you made it seem so easy? Then it hit you with the force of one hundred bricks, the person in front of you was in love with you, you were causing him pain right now, but he was trying to comfort you instead.

Upon realization you break eye contact with Eunhyuk and turn away from him, "Why are you doing this?" You ask quietly while looking down at your feet.

Eunhyuk sighs as he stares at your back, "I'm doing this because the person I love is in pain, and I can't stand to see her that way." He explains.

You clench your fists together and begin walking towards the door, "I have to go." You say trying to make your escape.

"____-ah, wait!" Eunhyuk says as he grabs you by the wrist and pulls you back towards him, "Please don't go, I'd rather you be here where I know I can comfort you." He says while clenching tightly to your wrist.

You look away from Eunhyuk, "No, I won't stay because it's not helping either of us!" You pause trying to sort out your jumbled thoughts, "How are you supposed to let go of me if I'm always around, and how am I supposed to ever feel comforted when I know I'm causing you pain?!" You ask as you use all your strength to finally pull your wrist out of Eunhyuk's grip.

Eunhyuk opens his mouth as if he was going to object to your words, but he closes it realizing you were right. 

You sigh, "If I were meant to be with you, we wouldn't be in this situation." You explain to Eunhyuk. "I think I wouldn't have lost my memory, I think we would be happy, but neither of us are happy." You say.

"We can still be happy, ____-ah." Eunhyuk suddenly says.

You nod at Eunhyuk in agreement, "We can," You pause, "But not together." 

Eunhyuk doesn't say anything he only looks at you with an expression you can't read.

Even though you were still feeling terrible, you let out a quick sigh before smiling at Eunhyuk, "Well, I'll be going now, goodbye Hyukjae." You say while turning around to leave.

Eunhyuk watches you leave his dressing room, not realizing until after you were gone that you had called him by a name you only knew before the accident.

 

After leaving Eunhyuk's dressing room you headed straight to the bathroom so that you could wash off your tear stained face. As you wash your face you try not to think too much about anything, but your mind proves to be a relentless force never allowing you not to think. Letting out a long drawn out sigh you grab the towel by the sink and pat your face dry, once you're done you go to set down the towel but see movement in the mirror as Joon Hee emerges from one of the bathroom stalls.

Once Joon Hee meets eyes with you in the mirror, she smirks and walks up to the counter to wash her hands, "Hm, I've always wanted to know how a person feels when they're cheated on, but I never knew anyone who had been." She pauses before her eyes widen with fake realization, "Oh! If I'm correct you've been cheated on haven't you?" Joon Hee asks.

Catching onto Joon Hee's game pretty quickly, you don't turn towards her and pretend like your touching yourself up in the mirror, "Maybe I have, but how is this any your business?" You ask trying to sound nonchalant.

 Joon Hee shrugs, "I was just curious, because you know I really care about my co-workers, I don't want any of them to be down." She says.

You smirk at yourself in the mirror, trying to keep yourself from scoffing at Joon Hee out loud, "Really? Then I guess you wouldn't mind if I opened up to you, because I learned a lot about one specific co-worker today." You say.

Joon Hee looks at you with curiosity, "Oh? What is it?" She asks.

You shrug as you grab your bag from the counter, "It's nothing really, I just learned that she is really a two-faced ." You say bluntly as you begin to leave the bathroom.

Joon Hee seems shocked by your strong words, and stands there for a moment before clenching her fists and running over to the bathroom door, blocking your way.

You look at Joon Hee and sigh, "What now? I'm really done talking about any of this." You say.

"Yah! Is that any way to talk to your senior?!" She shouts at you.

You blink at Joon Hee trying your best not to roll your eyes at her, "No it's not, but it's pretty great that I don't consider you my senior." You say sharply.

Joon Hee pierces her lips together, trying to think of what to say. In the end she blurts out the first thing that comes to her mind, "You should be happy I did this! Even if he didn't want me to!" Joon Hee exclaims, but suddenly cups her hand over once she realizes what she said.

Once it registers what Joon Hee just revealed you look her straight in the eyes, "So this was all your doing?" You ask.

Joon Hee looks as if she were going to deny it, but decides to admit to it, "Yes! It was me, I forced him to kiss me!" She says.

You look at Joon Hee for a long time before deciding you needed to get away from her, "Move, I have no desire to speak to you anymore." You say as you push your way past her.

As you're about to leave the door, Joon Hee grabs your wrist causing you to huff in frustration, "You know I'm really getting tired of people grabbing my wrists." You say irritated.

"If you go back to him I'm just going to keep getting in your way! Why are you wasting your time when we all know you don't even really love him!" She says while pulling you away from the door.

You turn around and face Joon Hee while ripping your wrist out her grip in annoyance, "Excuse me? Who are you to say if I love him or don't?!" You ask as your emotions quickly change from sad to angry.

"I can say this because I'm the one who really loves him! I'm not the one who forgot him, you did!" She looks you in the eyes with a smirk knowing her next words will knock you down like a bowling pin, "If you really loved him, you wouldn't ever forget who he was." 

Just like that everything seemed to change in that moment, you couldn't figure out why Joon Hee's words seemed to be right. After all, you were completely convinced that you were in love with Kyuhyun just like you had been before the accident, but now her words seemed to put a dark void in your feelings.

You don't say anything to Joon Hee after that and leave while looking down, you had to get out of this place, get away from this city, from everything. 

 

Getting off the bus, you head straight into the apartment lobby, and up to floor fifteen where you hoped no one was home. Punching in the code you walk into the apartment room and let out a relieved sigh when you see Ji Hyun isn't home right now. 

Heading straight to your room, you grab the suitcase you had packed when you'd left the apartment you shared with Kyuhyun. It was still full of clothes because you never planned on staying here forever. Packing your belongings all up you leave the apartment, not planning on coming back.

As you were standing in front of the elevator waiting for it to open, you realize that you still had many things you wanted to take with you that were left at Kyuhyun's apartment. Quickly, you press the tenth floor button on the elevator and it opens allowing entrance, you walk in and breathe in deep, trying to figure out why you would go to the one place you didn't want to go to.

Unlocking the door after putting in the code, you walk in to see that no lights are on; meaning Kyuhyun was still at work. Slipping your shoes off you walk into the house and breathe in the smell of the house, you had missed this smell; Kyuhyun's smell. As you walk down the hallway you begin turning on lights and notice the apartment is much messier than it was when you left.

Switching the light to the bedroom, you see the same mess you saw in the hallway, the bed sheets are practically on floor in a big pile, while dirty clothes are thrown carelessly on anything that has a surface. Going into the closet you see that everything that was yours was untouched and probably collecting dust, while the clothes that were Kyuhyun's were in big messy piles.

He never seemed this messy to you before, why was he like this now? Shrugging your shoulders you decide not to dwell on it too much and grab the even bigger suitcase that was marked as yours, and begin packing the rest of your belongings.

Once you were finished you roll the heavy suitcase all the way to the living room, setting it down you decide to get one last good look at the place that held so much memories that you hoped you wouldn't forget, like you had the first time.

You let a sigh, fearing if you stayed here any longer you wouldn't leave. Stealing one last glance around the room, you turn and go to the entrance of the apartment and put on your shoes. Picking up one suitcase and slinging the strap over your shoulder, and the other rolling on the floor in your hand, you open the door and walk out.

Just as you're about to leave letting the door shut behind you, you feel someone grab your hand and squeeze it as if they would never let go of it, “I’m not letting you leave me again, not this time.” 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! 

Sorry for the wait, but here is chapter 17!

I really hope you like this chapter, please let me know what you think!

I keep saying this, but I'm forever thankful to all the people who subscribe and comment and read my story! It's such a nice thought to think that someone actually likes something I write!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

-Paige