Hardships

Remember Me

 

You knew exactly who it was once you heard his voice, and that voice made you want to turn around and run into his arms while telling him you knew everything. Something was stopping you from doing what your whole body was urging you to do, someone's simple words that wouldn't stop ringing in your ears, if you really loved him, you wouldn't ever forget who he was. No matter how much dislike you had for Joon Hee, her words kept registering as truth in your brain. 

 

Suddenly you feel your arm being tugged on, and knew he was trying to turn you around to face him. You root your feet to the ground, knowing you couldn't look at him because then you would never leave, "Let go." You say as you try to pull your hand out of his grip.

"____-ah, please just look at me." Kyuhyun says causing your heart to hurt even more.

You shake your head while looking down, "No I won't, just let go of me already." You say, but his grip only tightens on your hand.

"I didn't cheat, ____-ah, please believe me." Kyuhyun pleads as he tries to explain himself to you.

"I know, she told me." You say quietly while still facing away from Kyuhyun as he holds your hand tightly in his.

Practically hearing the relief in his voice Kyuhyun smiles, "Really? Then you know I only love you, right?" He asks.

You nod silently as a lump forms in your throat, you knew you were about to break your own heart and his, "I know, but I don't love you, nor will I ever because it's not possible." You say while lying to yourself and Kyuhyun.

The smile instantly fades from Kyuhyun's face as his grip loosens around your hand, allowing it to fall to your side limply. He doesn't say anything, and you know he's just standing there trying to grasp the meaning of your terrible words.

When Kyuhyun says nothing you take the opportunity to begin walking, you had to leave before he tried to stop you again.

Kyuhyun almost instantly realizes that you started moving away from him by the sound of the suitcase rolling on the floor, "____-ah..." He says only loud enough that you would hear.

You stop in your tracks once you hear him call your name in a voice that sounds almost foreign to you, but still you don't look at him, "I think it'd be best if we don't contact each other anymore." You say trying to sound as normal as possible, "Goodbye Kyuhyun." The words manage to get out, but not without the pain you were feeling.

Not waiting for him to say anything more, you walk down the hallway in a faster pace than you should have, tears had already begun to flow from your eyes. Stopping at the elevator you click the button and wait for it to open, and as you're waiting you hear a door shut from down the hall and immediately you look to your right thinking Kyuhyun had left.

You were wrong, Kyuhyun still stood there looking at you while standing in the middle of the hallway, and now he was looking into your watering eyes. Once he realized that you were crying he started to walk towards you, the one thing you wished he wouldn't do in this situation. 

That is when you began pressing the elevator button repeatedly, until it finally opened. Going inside quickly you press the lobby button fast hoping Kyuhyun wouldn't make it, and he didn't. The doors closed, only making you feel even worse because now you were actually leaving.

The elevator seems to take an eternity to get to the lobby, and all you could do is silently cry. Once the doors finally open you take in a deep breath and begin to walk out, but you are stopped when you see Eunhyuk, Leeteuk, and Donghae walking through the entrance. How were you going to explain this to them?

Eunhyuk spots you quickly and he looks confused by all the luggage you have, and probably why you were crying again. Walking completely out of the elevator you wonder how you will tell them your reasons for leaving. 

Eunhyuk quickens his pace while walking toward you, but stops as he sees someone you did not see until the very last second.

Surprised you slowly look up at the tall figure in front of you already knowing who it is before you even see their face.

Kyuhyun locks eyes with you as he breathes rapidly; it was obvious he had just ran as fast as he could.

You stare straight back at Kyuhyun in disbelief, why did he come after you? 

Finally the silence is broken as Kyuhyun brings a finger up to your face and wipes away a newly fallen tear, "You're such a terrible liar." 

Almost instantly you begin shaking your head at Kyuhyun as you try to back away from him, "I wasn't lying! It's the truth!" You say as your emotions give you away.

"Then why are you crying?!" Kyuhyun asks loudly causing the two of you to get a lot of stares from the people in the lobby.

You couldn't answer him, and if you did it would be a complete lie. You wanted to tell him the truth but Joon Hee's words constantly replayed in your head reminding you that you couldn't, "You're better off without me, so just let me go." You say as you walk past Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun clenches his fists together and turns around running in front of you, stopping you in your tracks, "Didn't you hear me before? I said I wouldn't let you leave me again!" He shouts at you.

You look up at Kyuhyun giving up on denying anything, "You have to! You have to let me leave!" You shout back.

Kyuhyun furrows his brows as he puts his hands on your shoulders, "Why?! Tell me why I should let you leave when it's written all over your face that you don't want to!"

"What if I forget you again?! How long can you keep saying you love me then?" You look down trying to avoid Kyuhyun's gaze, "How is it right of me to stay when I forgot everything we were?" You ask as your voice gets quieter.

"I don't care." Kyuhyun pauses, "I don't care if you forget or never remember, I can't be without you ____-ah, I will always love you no matter what hardships we face." He says with the most sincerity you had ever heard.

Once his words had come to your ears you were already looking into the big brown orbs that always made your heart skip a beat. Joon Hee's words no longer plagued your mind; they had disappeared because Kyuhyun was willing to accept that you may never remember.

Kyuhyun unblinkingly stares back at you, his expression becoming warmer by the second.

Realizing his face is slowly turning into a smile, you smile too, "I love you Cho Kyuhyun, I really do." You say as a huge weight lifts off your shoulders, now he knew.

Kyuhyun's smile is big and bright by now, "I'm so glad." He says as he pulls you into a tight embrace.

"I'm glad too." You say as you lean your head against Kyuhyun's chest. 

Before you knew it, Kyuhyun had wrapped his arms around your waist and was practically lifting you off the ground so that you were face to face with him, "I love you, ____-ah." He says as he closes the distance between the two of you.

You smile wide before his lips touch yours, it was the first time you had felt genuinely happy since you woke up in the hospital room.

 

 

Eunhyuk watches as everything plays out between the two, and even though she'd confirmed that it could never be him in that spot his heart still felt like it was being ripped out of his chest. 

"Yah, Eunhyuk! Are you listening?" Leeteuk asks as he waves his hand in front of Eunhyuk's face.

Eunhyuk's attention on the scene before them was broken as he turned to Leeteuk, "What is it, Hyung?"

Leeteuk observes Eunhyuk's current expression noticing that something is off, "We are going to take the other elevator up, since going over to that one might be a little awkward." Leeteuk explains.

Eunhyuk nodded slowly before following Leeteuk and Donghae to the other elevator, and though he was forcing himself not to look back the image was still clear in his mind. Stepping into the elevator Eunhyuk watches as Leeteuk presses the floor twelve button.

"Hyung, do you think everything is okay with those two now?" Donghae asks while looking at Leeteuk.

Leeteuk glances at Eunhyuk before nodding at Donghae's question, "I think so, they should be happier to say the least."

After Donghae asked that question Eunhyuk began tuning their conversation out because he knew there would be more questions about her. Tuning out didn't help though, his every thought involved her in it and they wouldn't go away, memory after sad memory replayed in his head. She had rejected him twice, but why did the second time hurt even worse than the first time?

He knew why though, he just didn't want to admit to himself that he knew all along that she would fall for Kyuhyun again even if she had lost her memories. Even though he knew he still went after her for a second time, how could be so stupid to let this happen to him again? 

"Are you coming Eunhyuk?" Leeteuk asks while standing outside the elevator. 

Eunhyuk looks up at Leeteuk and nods silently as he walks out of the elevator.

"Hey guys, I'm going to see if Ji Hyun is home right now, I'll see you later for dinner tonight though." Donghae says as he presses a button in the elevator.

Leeteuk nods at Donghae, "Alright, see you later." He says before walking down the hall towards the dorm.

Eunhyuk follows behind Leeteuk not saying anything like he usually would, and Leeteuk seemed to notice too.

Leeteuk stops at the door and starts putting the code in, "You're awfully quiet today." he says casually.

"Mhm," Eunhyuk mumbles as he walks into the dorm, ready to head straight to his room.

Leeteuk follows him in realizing something is wrong to make him act like this. "Eunhyuk, are you okay?" He asks causing Eunhyuk to stop walking on his way to his room.

Eunhyuk stands still trying to sort through his thoughts, it'd be better if he just told Leeteuk but he couldn't bring himself to, "I'm fine." He says as he goes into his room, closing the door behind him. 

Lying down on his bed Eunhyuk stares at the ceiling, "I'm fine, I have to be." He says, trying to convince himself of something he's not. The more he said he was fine, the worse the images in his head got. At one point the same two images in his head replayed, he'd witnessed them kiss in front of him twice, and each time his heart was stabbed with pain.

He'd started to remember all the times he had assumed she had the same feelings for him, but in the end it was only him; always him. Eunhyuk swallows feeling the lump forming in his throat, "Damn..." He mutters as he puts his arm over his eyes, but it did all but nothing to stop the unwanted tears. 

His heart had truly begun to break, and all he could do was cry while asking why it couldn't be him.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Readers~!

I apologize for making you wait so long for this chapter, I will try to improve how long it takes me to release a chapter!

I really hope you enjoy this chapter even though I'm so mean to poor Hyukjae :( 

Thank you to everyone who reads, subscribes, and comments on my story! I really appreciate it!

-Paige