Who Are You?

Remember Me

You open your eyes to see a dim light shining through the window, something seemed different, actually your whole surroundings seemed totally foreign to you. 

Sitting up, you squint in pain as you grab your rib area, why were you so sore and stiff from one night of sleep?

Realizing the room looks exactly like a hospital room, you look around in confusion, "Why am I in a-"

You almost fall off your bed when the door suddenly opens revealing three figures, a man who looks almost perfect, a girl with her arm in cast and sling, and a woman who looks like she is a nurse.

At first they don't notice you and continue talking while you sit there in confusion, eventually you sitting up caught the girl with the broken arm's attention. 

You see her whole face light up, "____! You're awake!" she says as she walks over to your bedside.

"____-ah!" The almost perfect man says with a smile as he is instantly by your bedside aswell. 

Looking at the two joyful people in confusion, you couldn't help but wonder how they knew your name, and why were they so friendly with you?

Suddenly you are pulled into a tight embrace by the man as he whispers in your ear, "I have missed you so much." 

What the hell? Why would he miss you, and hug you like this? Not knowing how to react you just stay there as stiff as a board, and he seems to notice.

"____-ah? What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" He says looking you in the eyes. 

You look straight back at him, "Who are you?" you ask determined to get answers.

The smile the man has fades away and the girl with the broken arm looks at you in confusion, "What do you mean? You know who were are!" she says.

Before you can say anything you notice the nurse leave rather quickly, but your attention is pulled back to the two people in front of you.

"You must be messing with us, huh?" The man says with a forced smile.

You stare at him seriously, "What is there to joke about? Why would I joke about not knowing two overly friendly strangers?" 

Your words seem to stab them, "Do you really not remember us, ____-ah?" The man asks with hope in his eyes.

"No, I don't know who you two are." You say getting a little annoyed.

"At least try to remember something!" The man urges

The girl with the broken arm puts her free hand on the mans shoulder, "Kyuhyun, I think she really doesn't remember."

You sigh shaking your head, "I will try to remember."

You then try to think of where these people could have possibly known you, and suddenly your eyes light up, "I think I remember!" you exclaim.

The two of them light up with hope as you point at the now named Kyuhyun, "You are that pretty boy Kyuhyun from SHINee!" Then you point at the girl with the broken arm, "And you must be his girlfriend!" You say while clasping your hands together believing you guessed it spot on.

Once you say this their faces drop again as Kyuhyun mutters, "She thinks I'm in SHINee..." and the girl says something about never being his girlfriend.

"What? Did I not guess right? You could have said something..." You say totally oblivious to the situation.

As you cross your arms and mutter to yourself the girl looks up at you with red eyes, "Do you really not remember your best friend?! Park Ji Hyun?!" 

Taken aback by the sudden outburst you have no idea what to say and stay silent.

Just when you're going to try and say something the nurse walks in followed by the man that looks like a doctor.

Phew, you were saved, "I'm going to have to ask the two of you to leave, tests must be done on Ms.____" the doctor says.

Kyuhyun and Ji Hyun silently get up as the nurse leads them out of the room.

 

After the door closes the doctor takes a seat next to your bed and he begins flipping through a folder, "Ms.____, could you tell me what year it is?"

Confused why the doctor would ask such and obvious question you answer it, "Winter of 2009, but why are you asking me the year, sir?"

The doctor looks up at you with a serious look, "It's Summer of 2012, ____."

You blink at the doctor, what was he talking about? You only spent Christmas with friends a few days ago and suddenly it's in the middle of the Summer?! Two and a half years after your Christmas?! "How is that possible, sir? I can't just fall asleep for 2 and a half years."

The doctor shakes his head at you, "You didn't sleep for that long, you've only just woken up from a two month long coma."

"What? A coma, how the hell did I go into a coma?!" You say utterly confused.

"You were in an accident caused by a drunk driver, you were the most injured in the accident, you're lucky to be alive right now." The doctor pauses, "Although I have reasons to believe you have Amnesia."

"Amnesia?! But I don't remember forgetting anything!" You say rubbing your aching forehead.

"That's the thing ____, you won't remember forgetting things, such as those two people who walked out, they know you, but you don't know them."

"Will I regain my memory at all?" You say coming to terms with your new condition.

"You may, but you also may never get your memories back." The doctor says closing his folder.

You lean back against your bed and look at the ceiling, "Aish, of all people it had to be me."

 

__________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Please let me know what you think of my story! -Paige