Secret Past

I've Fallen For You

Kyu's POV

 

I hate that guy. I hate the fact he knew about 'me'. Yeah, my other me, the one I've been hiding for years, from my Mom, my Dad, my sister, even Seohyun. It was not because I was embarrassed of it, my childhood, which was supposed to be memorable to every kids, was a nightmare to me. I would never ever wanted that to happen again.

 

                                                      ---------------------------

 

"Kyuhyun-ah! Our school has a singing competition coming up. I see that you have a beautiful voice, Kyuhyunnie. Do you want to enter? If you do, I will register for you so don't worry." said Mrs. Kim, Kyuhyun's elementary school teacher. Kyuhyun's eyes were sparkling because of happinness, he didn't believe what his teacher said to him. He nodded right away, and of course Mrs. Kim was happily enter Kyuhyun's name for the competition.

 

Every day after school, Kyuhyun diligently practice his singing at his school's music room. Sometimes he practice until late, until the school keeper had to asked him to go home. If that happened, he would said sorry to the keeper and he went home right away.

 

When the competition day arrived, his heart were beating fast and he was sweating alot, feeling nervous because he had tough competitors. Everytime he felt nervous, he would linked his fingers, closed his eyes and started to pray. 

 

"Thank You"\

 

Those two words were enough for him to say everything, without asking too much, he believed that everything happened for a reason, he had believed it for years since he was little. 

 

"Cho Kyuhyun from class 5-D!"

 

Kyuhyun was startled when he heard his name called. He took a very deep breath, relaxing himself because of the tense. He clenched both of his fist, and stood up from his seat and walked up to the stage. He nervously took the microphone which was given by the MC, and he coughed a bit. "Uhmm, my name is Cho Kyuhyun from class 5-D, I will sing 'A Whole New World'. Please enjoy it."

 

The pianist started to play the piano, sweet tunes were flowing troughout the room, Kyuhyun's heartbeat was speeding up. But he took a deep breath once again and started singing. He closed both of his eyes and his melodious and flawless voice mesmerized the audience in the room. One word followed by another were contionuosly filled the room, the sweetness of the voice made all of the audience were touched, they felt like they lived in Kyuhyun's voice.

 

When Kyuhyun almost reached the end of  the song, that was when he heard a very loud bang, coming from the forced-open door. "Cho Kyuhyun! Get off that stage, NOW!"  A man, with his suit and tie, black shoes, almost like a boss of a big company, shouted to Kyuhyun. All eyes were to the man, and then to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun's eyes were widened, he dropped his microphone.

 

A tear dropped when he walked down the stage, his father was waiting next to the door frame. He hurriedly wiped his tear, and followed his father out of the room.

 

                                                        -------------------------

 

I sighed when I remembered about my past, the one I've been wanting to forget about. After Donghae left, I sat on a bench inside the gym and dried my hair with my towel.

 

That day, my father and I went home by my dad's car. The trip home was in silence, no words came out from my dad's mouth. I was too scared to say something, so I decided to keep silent.

 

We arrived at home, all of sudden my dad threw his bag to the sofa and he yelled.

 

"You stupid boy! So this is the reason you stayed at school until late, huh? Do you want to embarrass me? How could the President of Cho Architecture Enterprises son is a singer? What will people say to our family? You have to be an architect like me and your sister."

"But appa, I like singing!"

"I don't care! If you dare to try to be a singer, I will never acknowledge you as my son!"

"A-Appa.. B-But.."

"Don't argue with me. If I say it's a no, it will be a NO"

 

I was destroyed, my dream was destroyed that moment. All my dreams, my plans, my future were gone in seconds. My mother and sister only watched that scene, they told me to accept my father's decision, but no. of course I couldn't accept that. Singing was everything for me, my world, my dream. 

 

I achieved good marks at school, got the first rank each year, just to make my parents happy. Suddenly my phone vibrated a few times and I picked up the call. 

 

"Yoboseyo? Ne, Yesung hyung, it's me. Wae?" I listened to the caller's talking through the phone. After I heard Yesung hyung's answer, I felt both of my cheek lifted, showing my biggest smille. "Ah, at the usual place? With Wookie, right hyung? Arasseo, see you there. Neee~"

 

I hung up and hurriedly went out from the gym, and went straight home.

 

This was how I manage to live my life until now. My dad may could forbid me to achieve my dreams or predict my future, but HELL, I wouldn't waste my time and I would reach the highest star at the night sky.

 

***************************

 

"Yesung hyung!" I shouted at an 20 year old guy, he wore stripped shirt and skinny jeans, he was busy preparing the instruments, plugging the cords and the speakers. When he heard my voice, he turned his head to my direction, and he waved. 

 

"Kyuhyun-ah! You're here!" he said.

 

I walked to Yesung hyung's spot, and put my belongings near the speakers. I looked around, there were two bass, and a keyboard.  Yesung hyung was proudly showed me a new microphone he bought, from the money we got from our 'job'.

 

Yeah, this was what I've been doing these years. I, Yesung hyung and Ryeowook, he's my senior at school, we formed a little street singer band called K.R.Y. Well, I know the name was a little simple, K from Kyuhyun, R from Ryeowook and Y from Yesung hyung. Even though it's simple, it suited us a lot, 3 different personalities with one dream. 

 

We perform every Saturday at 7:00 P.M., there were always a lot of couples and people who walked by and stopped to watch our performance.

 

Of course I picked a place that was far away from my house, my dad's office, my sister's workplace. No one would know that I was here, I didn't want 'that' to happen, anymore.

 

"Where's Wookie, hyung? He's not here yet?"

"He called, he said he will be late today. He is joining the musical at your school, isn't he?"

I nodded without answering with words. Hearing 'my school's musical' made my mood went down a little bit. "Kyuhyun-ah, mianhae. I forgot about it, I promise I will not talk about that again. Now help me lift these speakers." 

 

I shook my head, "Never mind". I helped Yesung hyung to move the speakers to its right places, behind our instruments. I positioned our mics, plugged the unplugged chords, checking our instruments. I looked at my watch, 06:55 P.M. Ryeowook should be here any minute..

 

"Kyuhyun-ah! Yesung hyung!" I saw a familiar figure ran towards me and Yesung hyung, with a backpack. He panted when he arrived infront of me and Yesung hyung, he was sweating alot so I gave him a tissue.

 

"Thanks, Kyuhyun-ah. I'm really sorry, I'm not late,am I?" asked Ryeowook.

"Nope, you're here just in time!" I answered him, and he sighed in relief. He put his bag near mine and he took his bass. 

 

"Let's do our best~"

 

So I, Wookie and Yesung hyung took our positions. I handled keyboard, even though I've never took any piano lesson, I learned it by myself. Of course, my parents didn't know a thing about that.

 

We started our performance with our song 'From U'. It's a cheerful song, people was circled around us, some of them were clapping together. I recognized some of them were always here every Saturday, and I felt thankful to them, felt proud too, because there was people who enjoyed our performance.

 

We put a box there, so the people who was passing by could lend us some of their money after enjoying our performance. 

 

We continued our performance with 'In My Dream'. It was our groups' ballad song. Yesung hyung's sweet and gentle voice mesmerized all the people there. I played the keyboard while I was singing my part. Couples were holding hands, they were enjoying our performance.

 

Suddenly, I spotted a guys who wore a cap, he was recording our performance. I was suspicious, because I've never seen someone record us before. Didn't want to be bothered by that guy, I decided to focused on my performance.

 

After a few songs, we bowed to everyone and gave them our biggest thanks. They welcomed our thank you with a very loud applause. I smiled seeing them enjoying themselves here. "See you guys next week, here, at 7:00 P.M.!" Yesung hyung said and he took our box full with money.

 

I was happy being a street singer, I didn't have even a slight embarrassment. It was because the people who watch our performance were all strangers. They could judge our performance, they would leave if our performance was bad, but instead of leaving, they stayed. That means that our performance was good, and it was enough for me.

 

As usual, the money we got was divided for three people. I gave a half for Yesung hyung as usual, because I knew he had 3 sisters he had to take care of. After all, I didn't need the money, I saved it since the first time we did this.

 

I went straight home, feeling exhausted. I threw myself on my bed without changing my clothes. Suddenly I remembered about Donghae, about he was here, on this bed. We.. We hugged under a blanket to hide from my mom. I unconciously the spot Donghae used to sleep and smiled. 

 

And I haven't talked to him since school.

 

What is he doing now? I wonder if he thinks about me too.. I don't know if I can tell him about this.. So that's why I've been feeling weird since this evening? Because I haven't talked with him?

 

I shook my head repeatedly and slapped my face once. Ugh, I shouldnt think about that. Telling him would be a very bad idea. I shouldn't think about him. What's wrong with me these days? Why did I feel this? Why did I feel empty? 

 

***************************

 

I arrived at school with both of my eyes looked like a panda. My eyebags were big, big enough to be seen by everyone. Aish, it was because I was thinking all night, I slept at 2 in the morning. 

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, you're okay? You look very tired" A familiar voice was coming from behind, I turned myself and saw someone I used to know. I didn't know what to react because I havent met her for a long time, and there she was, standing there, smiling softly.

 

I was frozen at my place.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah?" Seohyun repeated and she smiled softly at me. Ah, how I missed that smile.

"I'm fine Seohyun-ah. Just lack of sleep."

"Oh, waeyo?"

"I had to do things, but son't worry, I'll be fine.."

"Do you want me to take you to the clinic? You can ask the nurse so you can sleep there for awhile.." 

 

I thought about it for awhile and I thought that was not a bad idea so I agreed to her offer and we went to the clinic together. We talked like usual and when we arrived at the clinic, Seohyun got me a permission so I could sleep there. I thanked her and she replied with her soft smile.

 

I laid on the bed and suddenly I remembered about Donghae again. I was here, when I was unconcious because of my allergic to cheese. He was mad to me because he said I was too ignorant. Well.. I didn't want to looked weak. He sat at the spot where Seohyun was siting. I stared blankly at the bed sheet, still busy with my thoughts.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah?" Seohyun's vioice made me realize that she was still there. I coughed a bit "Y-Yeah, Seohyun-ah?"

"What were you thinking?"

"Nothing.. Don't mind me, Seohyun-ah. You can go back to your class.."

"Gwenchana, I will stay here for a while. So how are you, Kyuhyun-ah?"

"I'm fine, how about you?"

"I'm fine too.. I..."

"Hmm?"

"I..Never mind.. Oh yeah, Kyuhyun-ah, I want to congratulate you for passing the preliminary stage at the singing contest. You never told me that you can sig, Kyuhyun-ah.."

 

I was shocked. What contest? I jerked myself up from the bed and I could feel my heart was beating faster than it should be. WHAT CONTEST?

 

"W-What? What contest?"

"You know.. SHS Singing Solo Competition.. I saw your name on the qualified section. You can see it on- Hey Kyuhyun-ah! Where are you going?" Seohyun shouted.

 

I didn't listen her until she finsihed but I ran to the Announcement Board near the gym. I was so panic- well, scared! I was scared as hell! I arrived at the board, which was crowded by the students who was curious about the same thing as I did.

 

I found a paper, and it was written:

 

Names of the Qualified Participants:

1. Kim Jongin

2. Cho Kyuhyun

3. Hyorin

4. Kim Taeyeon

5. Lee Jonghyun

6. Luna

7. Lee Jinki

8. Victoria Song

9. Kim Ryeowook

10. Park Jung Soo

 

NB: Those who are qualified are FORBIDDEN to withdraw from the competition.

 

Suddenly my body became limp. I didn't know what to do anymore. I never registered and I passed? That was ridiculous. How could someone who never registered could pass the impliminery stage?

 

I felt someone tapped my shoulder. "Yah! You passed, you passed~"

 

I looked at the person, it was Donghae. Seddenly I felt all my body was hot, I felt like I almost explode because of anger. He must be behind this!

 

"YAH!!! What did you do?" I yelled at him, I was very angry. How could he did this to me?

"I recorded you when you sang at the street and I gave it to the comittee~" answered him cheerfully.

 

I took a very deep breath, I was holding my unbearable rage to him. "YOU. Our contract is canceled. Just pretend that you and me never know each other!" I left him with quick steps, hoping that I would never meet him again.

 

I heard that he was yelling my name, but I ignored him. I was furious. I ignored people around me, I wanted to hit that guy! Suddenly I felt someone pulled my wrist.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah! Why are you so angry?"

I jerked of his hand. "You don't know A THING about me, so don't act like you know me! Go away! I don't want to see you again!" I yelled at him.

 

I left him and I promised to myself I would never look back.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N. : hi guys >//< I'm sorry that I'm such a slow writer.. Mianhaeyo T.T

so here's the next chapter^^ what do you guys think?

I'm a little sad now, because I only see a few of you comment here.. TT.TT Pls give a comment so I would know what do you guys think about this silly fic^^

So I promise I'll update ASAP^^

And I'm sorry if my chapters are short.. I'm not good in making a long one TT.TT 

Pls subscribe^^ Thankyuu~^^