I'm Going To Miss You!

I've Fallen For You

Hae's POV

 

I walked through Incheon Airport with my parents; bags and stuff that I had to bring, my parents helped me to bring my stuff and they tend to sent me off. Yes, it was finally the day when I had to go to Europe. I finally accepted the offer, which made my coach very pleased. Everyone was pleased about my decision, but they didn't knoww right? They would never understand.  

 

And no, I haven't heard anything about Kyuhyun since the last day I called him. Maybe we were already over, maybe he felt sick and tired about me so he inisisted me to go. I didn't know. Maybe I shouldn't have start all of this from the beginning, maybe I shouldn't even cried at his house that day. Maybe I shouldn't have let him know my feelings. There were a lot of 'maybes' in my head and I couldn't think one of them that actually the truth.

 

I was so miserable and lonely, I even thought something awful like suicide, but I thank God that he still gave me my senses with me. Dying wasn't an option, and I cursed myself about having such an awful thought. I was hoping he would at least give me a call, saying good bye or some crap to send someone off far away. But it didn't happen. Not a single call.  

 

Jessica, Seohyun, Eunhyuk and some friends from the soccer club came to the airport to see me off too. I was glad that at least some people still care about me, at least I wasn't alone. I was confused about Seohyun's pressence and I actually asked Jessica about it. She just shrugged her shoulder and she said that Seohyun was there to accompany her.  

 

Everyone was saying their good byes, my parents hugged me tightly and I told them I would be fine. My mom even shed some tears, she said that it was tears of happiness. They kept telling me how proud they were; And somehow, I just realized that I was just selfish. I thought only about myself, about my happiness and feelings. Never for one second I thought about how happy they would be. 

 

My mom couldn't stop crying, and my dad was busy calming her down. I saw someone of my friends already had their eyes watery. The scene touched my heart, I had to bit my lower lips to prevent myself to burst into tears too.  hugged my mom tightly, comforting her. "Eomma, you should stop crying. I said I'll be fine, Eomma. Don't worry about me,take care of Appa and yourself, okay?"

 

"Donghae-ah, take care of yourself, okay? Eomma is going to miss you.." My mom said and she replaced her tears with her smile. I nodded my head and bowed deeply to both of my parents.

 

"You did it man. Congrats and don't forget us here. Me and the guys will visit you if we have the chance. Take care, Lee Donghae." Eunhyuk stretched his hand and we shook hands. I could see sincerity in his eyes, and once again I was glad that I had such a good best friend like him.

 

After that the others were busy giving me hugs and hand shakes.  A good bye was supposed to be painful, but it was less painful when your closest friends were there for you. Ah, it will be nice if Kyuhyun is here.  

 

"Oppa, take care. Don't forget to send me some e-mails. I will hate you if you don't!" Jessica gave me a light hug and I ruffled her hair. We both laughed. It was the first time we really laugh comfortably since the day we broke up. The hate was actually long gone, I already forgive her about everything she did.  She gave me a peck on my cheek and smile sweetly. She was still looked beautiful, but don't get me wrong, that kind of feeling had vanished long long time ago. I just adore her and hoped that she would fine a better guy.

 

"Yes Sica, you too. Send my regards to Heechul, will you? Tell him I miss him" 

"Liar! You don't miss him, oppa" Jessica chuckled. Of course I didn't. "I'll tell him, don't worry" I nodded and smiled, gave her a hug for the last time. In the other hand, when everyone was busy giving me hugs, I saw Seohyun was all quite. If she didn't have anything to say, why was she there anyway?  

 

"Seohyun-ah?" I called her and maybe it finally brought her back to earth. She was startled at first, but then she nervously took something from her bag.

"This.. Kyuhyun asked me to give this to you, oppa.." She handed me an envelope. On the top of the envelope I saw my name was written. I received the envelope, and I thanked Seohyun that she actually came all along here just to give me this envelope. 

 

"And, oppa?"

I turned to face Seohyun. "Yeah?"

"Do you bring.. hm, the music note necklace?"

Eh? The music note necklace? Ah, speaking of which, I remembered putting it somewhere inside my coat pocket. I searched for it awhile, Seohyun looked like she wanted me to actually bring the necklace with me. Ah! I found it. "This one?" I showed the necklace to her.

"I.. guess it is?" She scratched the back of her neck. 

"Why do you ask for this?"

"Kyuhyun said that you better ask about the necklace to your mom" 

I raised an eyebrow. How did he know that I had this necklace? "Really? He said that?"

 

She nodded her head rapidly. Okay, if he say so. I approached my mom, leaving my friends for a moment as I saw my mom was still busy sobbing and wiping her tears with her favorite handkerchief. 

 

"Eomma, do I ever had a necklace like this? It seems familiar, like I've seen this somewhere. Could it be.. You bought it for me?" I asked my mother, and showed her the necklace. My mom put her index finger on her chin, indicated that she was thinking. 

 

"Ah I know!" My mom shouted suddenly, making me and my dad startled because of shock. My dad gave her a death glare, my mom responded by lowering her head because of the embarrassment. For a moment they both forgot that their son was going to a foreign country. 

"Eomma!"

A light blush apperaed on my mom's cheeks. "I'm  sorry, Donghae-ah. So, years ago, when you was around ten years old, you asked me to buy you this necklace-" she pointed the music note necklace on my hand "-you said that you wanted to give it to someone who had an angelic voice. You looked excited, and happy. And then.."

 

My mom stopped for a moment, she didn't continue her explanation. I could see her eyes were watery and my dad seemed to know what was happening with my mom crying as he patted my mom's shoulder and embraced her into a hug. Whoa, why did my mom cry? Did I say something wrong?

 

"And then what, Eomma?" My mom wiped her tears away, and gave me a weak smile. Although she didn't cry anymore, I could see sorrow in her eyes. It was like some kind of regret she wanted to forget. I felt bad. She hiccuped for a moment before continuing her story. 

 

"Well, you asked me to drop you off at that someone's house, but I said no. You cried all the way to the restaurant we were going to go. You keep blabbering about that someone was going to a place far away. You said you wanted to meet that someone for the last time. But I was a bad mother, I ignored your feelings. And when the car stopped, suddenly you jumped out from the car. That's when a car from behind hit you.. I-" My mom started to cry again. "-I'm sorry, Donghae.. I should have grant your wish.. But I didn't. I'm so sorry.."

 

"Eomma..I'm okay. It doesn't matter anymore. I'm alive and healthy now, right? Past is past. You don't have to be sad over something happened in the past. I'm okay now, Eomma"

She nodded her head and gave me a smile. This time it was a grateful smile. "Eomma know. I know. I just didn't have a right time to tell you this.

"But Eomma, I don't know that I got into an accident. I mean I DON'T remember it." 

"Oh, maybe it was the trauma at your head. The doctor said something about you might forget the past before the accident. I guess he is right, you don't remember.."

"Did I.. Did I mention the name of the person I wanted to meet?"

 

Could it be?

 

"Is it Cho something? Or Choi something? I forget about it, Donghae-ah. It's been so long. But his name is similiar to the one who close to you now.."

Suddenly my face felt hot as I feel a trange feeling inside my body. It was like I was being electrified all over and I coudn't move my body. I felt my vision turned blurry, and tears rolled down my cheeks. Really. Could it really be him? Out of all people, and for Heaven's sake why must it be him? I bit my lower lips to prevent me burst into tears as I clenched both of my fists. 

 

"Is it.. Cho Kyuhyun?" 

 

A simple excited nod from my mom made me burst into tears. I couldn't hold it any longer. Why.. Why? What the hell was happening? It was him all along? My whole body was trembling and tears couldn't stop flowing from my eyes. Why am I crying? It wasn't something I should cry for. I mean, I should be happy, right? I finally found my best friend, but why couldn't I stop? Why did it hurt so much?

 

"Donghae, dear, why are you crying?" Mom approached me and patted my back. The soft hand of hers patting my back soothed my feeling somehow. I wiped my tears and gave her a light hug. At least I should look happy infront of her. I wanted to make her mind in ease for letting me go.

 

"I'm okay, Eomma.. I'm going inside, okay? I'll visit on summer and winter breaks so don't worry" My mom nodded and smiled widely. Her eyes were puffy because she cried so much since we arrived at the airport. I looked at my parents and my friends, they all gave me a warm smile. I looked at Eunhyuk who put both of his hand inside his pocket and gave me a smile. I smiled back, and waved at Jessica who was waving at me.

 

"Oppa, I'll miss you very much" She mouthed silently. I gave her my warmest smile and with hard steps, I turned around and pushed my luggage trolley into the boarding room.

 

****************************

 

I sit on the boarding room, only 20 minutes away before my flight. I opened the letter Seohyun gave me earlier. To be honest, I didn't think I dare to open that letter. I was afraid that he might write something, something I didn't want to see. I could say I've loved him since forever, I was just too big-headed to admit it. 

 

The letter was written in a neat handwritting. My eyes were softening as I read each and every word written on the paper. I have cried enough already today, but the content of the letter didn't help the situation at all. Tears were rolling down on my cheeks, I was so close to sobbing, but the people around me seemed to understand my situation. Maybe they all already know that airports usually for only two situations: first times or goodbyes. 

 

 

Dear my fishy Donghae,

yes, I said 'my' because you are mine!

By the time you are reading this, I bet now you are in the boarding room, reading my letter with your reddened eyes. Don't be a crybaby, will you? And maybe by now you already know that I'm your childhood friend, who gave you that shoe necklace which is hanging around my neck right now.

I'm sorry. I know I've said sorry million times already, but it just doesn't enough to me for you to forgive me. 

Probably you already hear from your mom now, you were in the accident because of me. You jumped out of your car to go to my house, because I had to go to the States. I waited for you to come with my hands trembling, but you never did. All I got was a call from your mom, about a bastard hit you with a car and made you forget everything. Forgetting me.

I wanted to tell you myself, but suddenly you said you got an offer to Europe. You said you won't go because of me, what do you expect me to do? I decided I won't tell you, I know you would reject the offer completely if I did. I'm done ruining your life, and I won't again.

Donghae, don't you feel weird when I agreed with the love contract idea? Who in the world would accept such offer? Especially it came from my enemy, a person who bullied me all the time. I don't regret it though, actually I was glad. I'm glad that I could stay by your side like we used to when we were kids.

I was so touched when you still wear that necklace from me. I almost burst into tears when you said it was precious to you and you gave it to me as your first present to me. That time you actually didn't know that it was from me, did you?  

Lee Donghae, do you remember our first kiss? It was the most beautiful birthday gift I've ever received. I felt like butterflies were inside my stomach, I wanted to scream like a girl because I was so happy. The moment our gazes met, it's been like heaven. I was wondering to myself, what good deed have I done to have such boyfriend like you? 

Don't regret your decision. Go, go pursue your dream, and like I said, I'll wait here for you. No matter how long, I'll wait. This is not a good bye, Lee Donghae. It just means that I'm going to miss you until we meet again. Do your best there, be a international player like you dreamed of. Make your parents proud, make me proud.

I'll miss you very much, I'll miss holding your hand, I'll miss touching your soft hair, I'll miss looking at your face when you're asleep, your magical eyes, I'll even miss our fights. You are the best thing that ever happened in my life. I love you. 

 

Kyuhyun.

 

P.S.: I'm giving the necklace to you,just in case you'll miss me. Oh, Donghae? Hold your phone tightly now, okay? 

 

After I finished reading the letter, I felt like my soul slowly leaving my body. So those misunderstandings were for nothing? I shouldn't have misunderstand him, I shouldn't have been so selfish. I should have understand that he had good intentions for me. He love me for anything's sake! Why the hell did I act like a child?

 

Suddenly I felt something inside my pocket vibrate continuously. I took my phone out and I saw Kyuhyun's name on the caller ID. I was surprised and I did nothing. I just sit there blankly and stared at Kyuhyun's name on the screen until someone beside me, poke me at my shoulder. "I'm sorry, but, your phone is ringing"

 

I was surprised, again, and immediately picked up the phone. I thanked the person beside me and she just gave me an understanding smile.

 

"Yoboseyo?" My heart was beating fast like it was ready to burst any second.

"Hi"

"H-Hi.."

"Missed me?" he chuckled from across the phone. 

"No"

"No?" I could feel that he raised his eyebrow, confused with my answer.

"No, are you stupid? No is no."

"Okay then, if you don't miss me, I'll hang up. Bye Donghae.."

"N-No! I was kidding! Damnit if you hang up I will freakin' kill you for sure!" 

Kyuhyun laughed like it was very funny to teased me. I shouted too loud that I noticed people around me looked at me weirdly, a few teenagers even giggled around. I felt my face getting hotter. 

"I was kidding too. So do you miss me or not?"

"Yes, happy now?"

"I am. Very much" he chuckled again. Damn, I miss his laugh. "How are you, Donghae?"

"I-I'm fine. But how do you know when to call? I mean, how do you know that I just finished reading your letter?" 

"I'm good at maths and I'm a top student, have you forgotten about that? I can calculate all of it"

I rolled my eyes. Seriously, this guy! He just wrote me a touching letter that I actually cried at, and now he's playing with me. "Don't you have anything to say, Donghae?"

"I HAVE! A LOT!" I shouted again. with all people, I didn't care. "You don't play with my feelings, Kyuhyun! Do you know how miserable I was? Do you have any idea?" I bursted into tears again. "Why.. Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I think you have to re-read the letter again, Donghae. I've told you there why I didn't tell you in the first place"

"I want to hear it now!"

He sighed. " You are the most stubborn person I've ever met, Donghae. You would turn the offer down if I told you about me. Your dream will be vanished in a second you say no. And that is the last thing I wanted. I'm not doubting our relationship, Donghae. But who knows? Who knows that someday you'll fall for another guy or girl and you dumped me? You will regret the day you refused the offer. Don't make me a bad guy here, Donghae.. Letting you go is the hardest decision I've ever taken, don't make me regret it.."

"I won't fall for another person! And don't say such things like break ups! I've told you that I love you and it means forever." I sobbed. Somehow his words pierced through the deepest part of my heart. He was right, I knew it. Nobody knows how our relationship would work out. Especially we wee both guys. The society would not take easy for guys love, but who cares? I could promise one thing, I would not fall for another person.

"Hehe, thank you" He smiled. Even though we were both physically not together, I could feel if he smile, or sad. "I love you"

"I love you too"

"Ah, I wish I'm there with you now. I can hug you,carresed you hair and wipe your tears for you. But I'm afraid you'll run away again like before"

"I will not.. And Kyu? Don't ever say about break ups. We will not, I can make sure of it. Unless, you fall for another person."

"I will not. I love you, and I don't play games with that three words."

"But you was with Seohyun. So you weren't in love with me before then?"

"To be honest, I wasn't, Donghae.." I felt a little dissappointed at first, but it was just me acting selfish again. I was with Jessica too, and I actually liked her. I couldn't really complain about this. "Actually I forgot about you too, because we were so little. The moment you pulled my hand on the stage, I finally remembered that you are the friend I was looking for. My childhood friend. And it was the first time my heart actually beats for you. That day, when we were ten, when my father was so angry at me, he insisted to bring me to the States. And that's the same day when you wanted to meet me, to give me that necklace.."

I was overwhelmed by his words. Again, my crybaby personality took over and I started to sob. He was so sincere. Every words he said seemed so sincere. 

"With my calculation, its about time you have to go inside the plane, Donghae.. Stop crying now.."

 

I looked around and yes he was right. I saw people was already busy making a line to enter the plane. An official already called for the passengers to queue. "I have to go.." I said, and I was sad that actually we had to end the phone call. I've missed him so much and ten minutes of talking via phone was not close enough for me.

 

"I know. Take care of yourself, okay? Don't cry a lot, just look at the necklace and look at it as it was me. I'll send you an e-mail everyday, so you wont miss anything here in Seoul. I'm going to miss you very much, okay? Remember that.."

 

"I will" I wiped my tears. I made a promise to myself that I would not cry for the people I love, I would smile for them. I would show them how much I love them, how much I was going to miss them. "Kyuhyun, I love you. So much."

 

"I know"  

 

I hung up the phone and went inside the plane with a smile. Who said good byes were awful? Mine wasn't. No matter how long it takes, as long as I stay by his side, remained unchanged.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

6 years later..

 

To: Lee Donghae

Look behind. -K-

 

I raised an eyebrow, look behind? I was supposed to meet my parents here, but I couldn't see them anywhere. All I got was a text message, telling me to look behind. I did like it was told in the message. I saw a man, a man I've been missing for 6 years, smiling wide at me. I couldn't help but smile as wide as his. And my smile grew wider and wider as I saw the man was walking toward me with his magical smile.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: SO HERE IT IS! I'M SORRY IF IT TOOOOOK SO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. *BOWS*

SCHOOL DOESN'T LET ME TO TOUCH MY LAPTOP, YOU KNOW? *SOBS*

Anyway, I'm sorry for my lovely subs and readers for taking too long T-T I've been writting this for days but I had assignments, lots of assignments. I write word every word everyday, I'm sorry if this chapter dissappoints you.

And if you're confused, you can ask me via wall or private message. And if I have ANY TIME, I will write Kyu's POV for the good bye scene. How could that turns out kyuhyun is donghae's childhood friend. But I can't promise that :(

I have to tell you too that the next chapter will be the last one for this fic, and I'm planning to write a new one if you guys want to read^^(if you guys don't want to, I won't write it kkk XD)

don't forget to SUBSCRIBE,COMMENT, and UPVOTE <3

 

*if there's any mistake in the story, pardon me, because i've been changing the screen to my assignments, then aff, all over again. maybe I got confused or something like that. I'm sorry >.<*