Goodbye?

I've Fallen For You

No One's POV

 

"Have you talked to your parents yet?"

Donghae who was still eating his melon bread, faced Kyuhyun. "Hmph? Abhout whut?" He said with his mouth full of food. Kyuhyun pinched his cheek gently and chuckled.  "Yah, eat your food first" 

 

Donghae pouted and he chewed his food, fast. He was annoyed with Kyuhyun but he was chewing a little too fast; made him choked himself with his food. Kyuhyun chuckled and gave him a bottle of water and Donghae drank the water right away. He thought he was going to die, it was not funny at all if he was going to die from choking, right?

 

After Donghae finally managed to get back to his senses, he faced Kyuhyun who was still chuckling. "Yah, it's not funny anymore. Oh yeah, what did you say before, Kyu? About me talking with my parents? About what?" Donghae titlted his head a bit.

 

Kyuhyun's expression changed within a second, he turned around, didn't want to face Donghae. He was speechless, why did he had to act like he didn't know?  "You know what I mean" was the best answer Kyuhyun could give to Donghae.

 

"Dont play games with me, Kyu. Just tell me about what?"

"You know what"

Donghae slammed both of his hands on the table hard. "Why do you still bring that up?!" He was furious. He knew what Kyuhyun meant, he was just.. didn't want to talk about it. Donghae was trying to forget about the scholarship thing, but can't Kyuhyun understand his feelings?

 

Everyone in the cafetaria stared at both of them, looking suspicious. They whispered with each other, but they were ignored by Donghae who was still staring angrily at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun sighed and he stood up from his chair.

 

He pulled Donghae's arm . "Not here. Come on"

 

Donghae and Kyuhyun left the cafetaria with eyes still on both of them, even some of the girls were whispering. They both could hear some of them were gossiping. Donghae rolled his eyes, feeling irritated by the gossips. 

 

"Are they going to fight?"

"Omo! Someone should call a teacher!"

"I wonder who'll win? Donghae is a sports man obviously he'll win! But Kyuhyun is pretty tall too.."

 

They keep gossiping and gossiping; even some of them were saying nonsense things. Donghae gave them the most frightening glare he could ever make, that "go-to-hell" kind of look. All the girls were scared and left immediately. Donghae was proud of himself until he remembered that he was angry with Kyuhyun, and Kyuhyun was pulling him somewhere, dragging him to be exact.

 

Kyuhyun pulled Donghae to a desserted classroom. Kyuhyun sat on a chair and pulled Donghae closer, which made the other shocked, because Kyuhyun made Donghae sat on his lap. Kyuhyun put his arms around Donghae's waist which was replied by a blush from the other. Why the hell are you blushing for, Donghae?  You were angry earlier, silly!

 

Kyuhyun knew that he was usually shy about the relationship thingy, he was more a ''receiver" than a "sender". Donghae was the one who usually initiate whatever happened in their relationship. 

 

"Y-Yah, I can sit elsewhere, don't be like this, Kyuhyun-ah" Donghae intended to pulled himself out of Kyuhyun's embrace, but Kyuhyun refused to let go. They looked at each other deeply, like both of them were searching something 'unreadable' inside each other's eyes.  

 

"Look," Kyuhyun started "I'm being serious now and I want you to listen very carefuly. About the scholarship, I know it has been your dream since forever. And now the chance's infront of your own eyes, why do you have to refuse it?"

 

Donghae was silent. He didn't know what to say, because he knew Kyuhyun was right. Because being a top soccer player was his dream. Donghae himself already knew that he has been waiting for this chance of his life. And when the chance was finally came, he was very happy. But a part of him was terrified, he was scared of saying good bye to the person infront of him, he was scared that when he went to Europe, Kyuhyun might left him alone. No, he just couldn't bear the feeling. He just couldn't.

 

"And if you are thinking about our relationship, please don't Hae. I know I haven't said this properly-" Kyuhyun took a deep breath before continuing his words.

 

"I love you. I know this all started with that silly love game of yours, but I really do"

 

Donghae couldn't help but smile. He was so fluttered, the person infront of him was beyond precious. Somehow it made him more terrified to leave that person, he was thinking about so much love he got from Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was Hae's hair gently, giving Hae some time to think. A tear escaped from Hae's eye. Kyuhyun swept it with his thumb and carressed Hae's cheek gently. "Don't cry, I know it's hard. Bear with it, okay?"

 

Hae slowly leaned closer and for a brief moment Kyuhyun could feel Hae's breath carressed as they looked each other. Then Hae pressed his lips against Kyuhyun's, Donghae felt somehow the burden he was carrying on his shoulder, the terrifying feeling about leaving Kyuhyun were all gone. Kyuhyun put his hand on Hae's cheek, as he swept another tear from Hae's eyes. It was a sweet, tender kiss. 

 

They pull apart and smiled as they locked eact other gazes. "Just go, and I'll wait for you here at Seoul, okay?" Said Kyuhyun, hoping that Donghae at least changed his mind. 

 

After hearing what Kyuhyun just said, suddenly Donghae stood up from Kyuhyun's lap, his face looked sad. He felt.. hurt. And dissappointed.

 

He took a step backward, sheered away from Kyuhyun. Donghae thought that Kyuhyun was unbelievable. Why did he still bring that scholarship thing up? He already said that he wouldn't go! Was that what's on his mind when they were kissing earlier? He really wanted  Donghae to go? It was like.. maybe.. He want me to go because he already sick of me? But, he said he love me right? So, why?

 

No, no. Donghae shook his head, he drove away the negative thoughts inside his head. Kyuhyun approached him slowly. Donghae could see that Kyuhyun's expression was not even better than his.

 

"Listen to me, Lee Donghae. I don't want you to lie to yourself, just because you don't want us to be apart-" Kyuhyun carressed Donghae's face gently, like it was the lasti time for him to touch his lover's face. No, like it was the last time they were going to meet.

 

"I want you pursue your dreams. I know you've been lying to yourself until now, you said you don't want to go, but actually you do. I don't want our relationship prevent you for pursuing your dream. I-" Kyuhyun took a breath before continuing his words. "-If we have to be separated, so be it."

 

And that words just hit Donghae right at his heart. How come that words were actually be said by Kyuhyun's own mouth? Donghae was beyond speechless, he wanted to run away. Run to the furthest part of the earth and cried the hell outta him. Don't he get it? Donghae only wanted them to be together, and he just said that it was okay for them to be separated?

 

"Why?" Donghae said, his lip was trembling hard.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm really sorry" Kyuhyun pecked Donghae's lips, and left the room, leaving Donghae who was only could stare at Kyuhyun's tall figure from behind. Every words from Kyuhyun was like a stab to him. Donghae broke into tears, the defense that he had built finally tumbling down, leaving him all fragile and helpless. His tears were flowing from his eyes, made his reddened face wet.

 

He didn't want Kyuhyun to leave, no, he wouldn't let him leave. He tried to call out Kyuhyun's name but there was nothing coming out from his mouth. He saw Kyuhyun was walking slowly, step by step, leaving him there in the desserted class room alone, until Kyuhyun left his sight.

 

Donghae closed his eyes, he didn't want to know anything anymore. He just wanted to be dead, so he would stop feeling, to be numb. "If we have to be separated, so be it" the words were still echoing inside Donghae's head. So be it? SO BE IT? What did all of this mean to him? All those things happened, what does that mean to him?

 

Is this really happening? 

 

Kyuhyun left the room, he clenched both of his fists. He bit his lower lip, to prevent him to go back and hug the crying Donghae. No, I had to do this.. I knew you're going to refuse no matter what I do. I'm sorry that it had to be like this. I'm really sorry..

Kyuhyun felt like a jerk, who left someone he loved all alone, bleeding his heart out. He just wished that everything would be easier, easy like breathing, but unfortunately it wasn't. He felt like he was the reason of the other's pain. The fact that Donghae was going to leave was painful enough for Kyuhyun to just go lock himself up somewhere, but what was his pain in comparison with Donghae's?

 

                                                                     *************************************

 

"Kyuhyun sunbae, Coach Lee is looking for you!" A first year student, Donghae's junior in the soccer club, Hyunseung, approached Kyuhyun.

"Coach Lee? The soccer team coach?" Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, why the coach of the soccer team was looking for him? You know Kyuhyun was far than a sportsman; the only sport he could do was pole jumping. And it was so-so, it would be a lie if someone said that he was brilliant.

 

He got a nod from the younger, which meant that Hyunseung was serious about the coach was looking for him.

"Oh, sunbae. The coach is in the gym so you can find him there."

"Okay, thanks Hyunseung-ah" Kyuhyun said and got a smile as a reply from Hyunseung. The younger left and then Kyuhyun went straight to the gym, didn't want the coach to wait for him too long. 

 

Kyuhyun found Coach Lee was sitting alone on a bench. He approached the coach and bowed to him as the coach smiled. The coach was already in his mid 40's, but don't you dare to underestimate the guy. He might be pretty old, but his skills were amazing. He once said was in Korea's National Soccer Team, but something happened that he had to bury his dream. No one knows why, and I guess he didn't tell anyone though. "Ah, you're here, Kyuhyun-ah. Come, sit."

 

"Yes, Sir. Hyunseung said that you were looking for me, Sir"

"Yes, yes, that's right. So, you're close to Lee Donghae, right?" Kyuhyun eyes were widened in shock. Really? Even the teachers know his relationship? Come on, the whole students at his school knew about his relationship with Donghae was more than enough. But the teachers too? It wasn't the most pleasant thing though.

 

"You don't have to be shocked like that, kid. It's great to have a best friend at school. You're going to miss your friends when you're an adult" 

 

Kyuhyun sighed in relief, he thought that the coach knew about the lovey-dovey thing happened between him and Donghae. "Yes, Sir. We're good friends. And may I ask why do you ask?"

"Ah, yes. So, Kyuhyun-ah, you must have knew that he got a Scholarship to Europe, right?"

"Y-Yes,Sir"

"That's good then. He told me that he didn't want to accept the scholarship, but he didn't tell me why. Do you know the reason, Kyuhyun-ah?"

Kyuhyun didn't know if he had to answer. Of course he knew why, and of course he couldn't tell the coach about the reason. The coach might think that it was a silly reason just because Donghae wanted to stay together with Kyuhyun. They both were in silent until Kyuhyun finally answered. "No,Sir"

"Ah, is that so? Then, Kyuhyun-ah, can you do me a favor?"

"What kind of favor, Sir?" 

"Help me to convince Donghae to accept the scholarship. it will be such a waste if he really refuse the offer. He is such a brilliant player, and once he told me he wanted to be an international player. Thats why I was shocked when he refused. I want him to go chase his dream, he can't miss this oppurtinity. He can't be like me. Ah, since you're his best friend, it's going to be easy right?"

 

No, it's not. It's not going to be easy.

 

"I get it, Sir"

"Thank you, Kyuhyun-ah. I'm counting on you" The coach smiled. Kyuhyun stood up and bowed to the coach before he turned around to leave the gym. He already took a few steps, but suddenly he turned back again, facing the coach. The coach lifted his head.

 

"Yes, Kyuhyun?"

"Sir, I don't want to be rude, but I'm really curious"

"What are you curious at, Kyuhyun-ah?"

"I heard that you got an offer to be an International Player, weren't you? And some people said that you had to bury that dream because of something"

"That's right" The coach smiled, he knew what the boy infront of him was going to ask.

"May I ask why?"

The coach chuckled. "It was because I had a girlfriend back then. I refused the offer because of her and  five years after that, we broke up because her parents arranged her a marriage with another man. And unfortunately, the oppurtinity never come again. It was a lovely 5 years, 5 years full of love and happiness, but a man gotta do what he loves, right? I can't stop regretting the day I refused the offer. And I still feel the regret until this second I talk to you."  

 

Kyuhyun was overwhelmed by the coach's story, somehow the story fitted the situation he was in, but he didn't want Donghae to end up feeling the same regret. "Thank you for sharing the story to me, Sir"

 

"You are welcome, Kyuhyun-ah"

 

Kyuhyun left the gym like a soul-less person. It was a good thing that he could even walk by himself, not to mention he just heard a life story of someone who was failed in pursuing his dream because of love. It was not like Kyuhyun's parents would arrange a marriage for him or whatever, but still, he didn't know about his future with Donghae. He was afraid that he was the reason to crush Donghae's dream into pieces.

 

Tears were flowing from his eyes, he tried not to cry too loud because the students were everywhere. He didn't want to be spotted crying, after all he was the President of Student Council, he couldn't look weak. He went to the school's garden, he laid alone on the grass and covering his eyes with his arms. Suddenly, he felt someone tapped his shoulder.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, why are you crying?"  Kyuhyun lifted his head, his eyes were puffy.

"Seohyun-ah."

"What happened,Kyuhyun-ah?"

 

Kyuhyun hesitate at first, but he finally told Seohyun the whole story, about Donghae refused to accept the scholarship and the coach's story. While Kyuhyun was telling Seohyun the story, he started to cry even more. Seohyun approached the boy she used to love, she still did, but she knew that this boy's love already belonged to another person. But she was more than willing to help Kyuhyun, even though it wasn't for her. 

 

Seohyun hugged Kyuhyun tightly and she was soothing Kyuhyun's back and hair. "I'm going to help you.. It's okay, everything's going to be okay.." Kyuhyun cried in the girl's warm embrace, he was thankful that someone was willing to help him. He needed at least one person to grab him whenever he was falling, and he glad Seohyun was there. 

 

***************************

It was already more than a month and a half since Donghae talked with Kyuhyun. He was missing Kyuhyun like crazy, he couldn't even do anything right, not with soccer, dance club, subjects, nothing. He told everthing to Eunhyuk and that was why they were hanging out with each other more lately. Eunhyuk wanted to give Donghae at least some courage.

 

He listened to Kyuhyun, he finally talked to his parents about the scholarship thing. Of course as expected, both of Donghae's parents were extremely happy with the news. They didn't know that Donghae planned to refuse the offer, Donghae didn't have the heart to tell his parents. Not with their happy and proud faces.

 

Time was getting close where Donghae had to make his decision about the scholarship. Everyone around him, his parents, his friends, even Jessica were all encouraging him to accept the offer. Coach Lee gave him a time limit to provide his decision. One more day, he had to give his decision or the offer  would be invalid. 

 

On the day when he had to provide his decision, he somehow felt like he had to talk with Kyuhyun at least this one time, even though he already knew what Kyuhyun gonna say to him.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

"Kyuhyun? It's me"

"Hi, Donghae" The flawless sound across the phone made Donghae's heart beat faster. He missed Kyuhyun's voice, so much.

"I.. I have to make my decision today"

"Y-Yeah.."

"I will ask you, for the last time. You know how I feel for you, and you said you love me. You know the reason why I refused the offer at first. But then you said you were okay if we have to be separated. So-" Donghae had to bit his lower lip to prevent himself bursted into tears. He felt Kyuhyun was waiting so he continued. 

"Do you actually mean those words? If you really mean it, I.. I will go to Europe and you will hang up. But! If you don't mean it, please say to me that you love me and you don't want me to go and I won't go. Please.."

 

Donghae closed his eyes. 

 

Clicked. 

 

*******************************

 

To: Cho Kyuhyun

They told me to let it go. To let you go. But I don't understand what that means. How cam I wrap up all of my pain, thoughts, and feelings, and tie it to a balloon, and let it fly away? How? 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yay! I finally updated! I'm sorry if its bad and lots of typos and grammar errors. But I really did my  best in writing this one. I hope you guys like it!^^ and I do love you all for reading this silly fic of mine^^

Oh I almost forgot. Please do comment because I really really want to know whay do you guys think about this. If you guys give your comment I will be more motivated to update faster^^

And I have an Exam Week next week (my poor self T-T) so, wish me luck??^^

SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT and UPVOTE!~

ThanKYU^^