Outcast

Change

The milky morning rays of sun shone through the small attic window. Il Sung groaned as the sun hit his face. He flung his arm over his face, other hand feeling for the alarm clock that was no longer there. Puzzled, he opened his eyes, blinking, adjusting to his surrounding. Then reality came crashing down. He wasn't at home anymore. He had ran away. His parents hated him. And Joon...Il Sung turned to his right, and saw that Joon had already left the attic. Scrambling, Il Sung found the duffel bag Joon had packed, and pulled out a plain T-shirt and jeans. As he walked down the rickety stairs, the smell of breakfast tickled his nose. He walked towards that smell into the kitchen.

"Oh, Il Sung sweetie. There you are. Hurry, freshen up, and we'll have breakfast." Il Sung was greeted by the old lady. She was carrying a huge plate of eggs and bacon. Joon was at the table, staring hungrily at the food. Il Sung stared at him.

"She didn't let me help.." Joon sheepishly replied to Il Sung's accusing stare. Rolling his eyes, Il Sung headed back, to find the washroom. 

"It's right behind the stairs, Il Sung!" Joon shouted after him. Finding it, Il Sung closed the door behind him, eyes focused on the ground. He undressed, and entered the shower stall, where Joon had left the shampoo that he used. As Il Sung toweld himself dry, his eyes itched upwards, towards that inevitable mirror. That horrid reflection of himself. Finally, unable to control himself, Il Sung locked eyes with his reflection. He saw in the mirror, a deep hatred that shone from his eyes. Why? Why did he hate himself so much? Why couldn't he be happy as himself? Why was everything a mistake?

"Il Sung! Hurry up! We'll be late for school!" Joon's voice shot Il Sung out of his angered daze.

"C-Coming!" He yelled back, dressing in haste. He sat down at the table, and scarfed down the bacon and eggs that had been piled onto his plate.

"Aigooo, breakfast shouldn't be rushed." The Ajumma clucked her tongue. Il Sung grinned, and shoved the rest of the bacon in his mouth, before rushing back upstairs for his school bag and uniform.

"Have a good day, ajumma!" Il Sung and Joon waved farewell as they hurried out of the small house, towards school. 

It was silent most of the way there, but when they had almost reached the school gates, Joon placed a hand on Il Sung's shoulder, stopping him.

"What's wrong, hyung?" Il Sung's eyebrows creased together. 

"Just..you know rumours spread fast... our house was in a central neighborhood..maybe they heard..." Joon trailed off. 

"Hyung. I've dealt with this for years. I won't be worse off than before. Really." Il Sung took a shaky breath. 

"If anyone bothers you, come tell me, alright? I'll meet you here after school." Joon instructed, before walking again. 

"Does it matter? I'm an outcast anyways." Il Sung muttered, before following Joon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh snap. Another update. But it's a short chappie, ahaha.