Too Girly

Change

So um, I don't know what is more convenient for you guys. But I'm going to refer to Eun Mi as Il Sung when I talk about her past. Just an heads up! ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Il Sung-ah! Come look at this!" Il Sung's mother called him over to the toys. Il Sung had been wandering curiously near the dolls, picking them up, shaking them around, smiling with content. He waddled towards his mother's voice. She knelt down, and pointed to a miniature car that he could ride in, and pedal to make it move. It was black, and had flames on it. Il Sung frowned.

"Don't you like it?" Il Sung's mother cooed, and pushed the car around playfully. Joon, only two years older, ran over, and climbed in joyfully. Il Sung looked around, and spotted a white car with flowers on it. Clapping his hands, Il Sung pulled at his mother's shirt.

"Umma! Umma!" Il Sung pointed to the car excitedly. His mother chuckled.

"Il Sung likes flowers? Aigoo, how cute. Ok! Il Sung gets the pretty flowers." Il Sung's mother didnt think twice about it. Children had different interests. Next, the mother took Il Sung and Joon to the clothing store.

"Joon, you can go pick something out. You know what you like, right?" Il Sung ruffled Joon's hair. Joon happily ran towards the boys section, awing at all the cool shirts.

"Il Sung-ah, let's go pick out some shirts for you!" Il Sung's mother held her hand out, and Il Sung put his hand in hers confidently. She led him towards the same shirts Joon was just ogling at. His mother rifled through the racks.

"Aha! How about this cute race-car?" His mother held out a blue t-shirt with a red racing car winking at him. Il Sung didn't mind the design, so he nodded. 

"Umma! This one!" Joon ran over, carrying a green shirt with stripes. 

"Omo! Our little Joon knows his style." Their mother lovingly patted his head. Il Sung, still attached to his mother's hand, looked around the store. He spotted a yellow shirt with a doll on it. The doll looked like the one he was playing with at the toy store. Il Sung ran over, and tilted his head up, longingly looking at the doll on the shirt.

"Il Sung likes this one?" Their mother slightly frowned, but shook her head, and replaced it with a smile.

"Why does Il Sung like dolls so much?" His mother asked him. Joon rushed in.

"Maybe Il Sung likes to be the prince of the dolls!" Joon clapped. His mother burst out into giggles.

"Is that right? Ok then! Let's let Il Sung be the prince!" Their mother chose a size, and led them to the cashier. After driving home, their mother let them ride infront of their home in their cars while she kept a watchful eye from her chair in the frontyard. Il Sung and Joon shrieked with joy as they pedaled back and forth in their cars. Il Sung LOVED his car. It was so pretty. He wanted a real car, just like that one. Soon, other kids from the neighborhood came to marvel at their new rides. That included the meanest kid on the block - Hyunwoo. He looked on in jealousy at Joon's car. It was sleek, black, and had awesome flames on it. Then he saw Il Sung's car, and snickered.

"Joon. What is your brother riding? It has flowers on it. Like a girl's car." Hyunwoo pointed a laughed at Il Sung. Not fully understanding Hyunwoo, Il Sung did not understand his accusations. But Joon did.

"Don't make fun of my brother!" Joon shouted, and scrambled out of his car, running towards Hyunwoo. Il Sung's mother caught on to what was happening, and ran out of her chair. Joon was already hitting Hyunwoo, who decided to play innocent and start crying. Joon's eyes widened. He wasn't hitting that hard. 

"Lee Joon! What do you think you're doing?" Joon's mother scolded, and pulled him away from a crying Hyunwoo. She knelt next to Hyunwoo.

"Are you ok? Did Joon hurt you?" Their mother asked gently. Hyunwoo nodded. Hyunwoo's mother came running from across the street.

"What is going on?" His mother asked, furrowing her perfectly waxed eyebrows. 

"Oh. Just kids playing. I'm sorry. Joon might have hit Hyunwoo a bit too hard. My Apologies." Il Sung's mother bowed. Hyunwoo's mother scoffed.

"Come along, Hyunwoo. Don't get meddled with these kinds of kids." Hyunwoo's mother look a long side glance at Il Sung innocently pedalling in his car.