.09

Crazy Fates

Her footsteps echoed through the quiet halls. The rain dripping from her hair. Her heart in a glory of rush. Her mind was a ball of chaotic mess from the day. When it rains, it really pours. In the back of her head she knew there was one other person who should know, but if she did everything could come falling down on her. She couldn't tell that person.

"Bomi-shi." A familiar voice called to her as she slid pass one of the smaller hallways that connected to the hall she was running down. She turned her shoulder. She didn't even have the time to think. The second she got that phone call from L, right after she stepped through the front door of her small apartment after seeing....

"What happened?" Her voice was filled with concern. Her eyes falling on the seven boys in front of her. A few faces were familiar, she saw them before. L was there, of course Woohyun and so was Dongwoo.

"She fainted." L replied as Bomi furrowed her brows. Woohyun who was sitting in one of the chairs worry about his wife adeptly stood up. So this was Bomi.

"Care to explained how that happened. She was perfectly fine when I saw her." Bomi demanded. Several eyes were glued to her, a specific pair melted her and turned her legs into jelly through she refused to admit it or show it. Woohyun was about to step in and explained. Before there could be any answers the doctor stepped out. Her attention quickly drifted.

"Doctor, is everything okay?" She was the first to react and first to act. She had to know. Another sister in the hospital was the last thing anyone could take.

"Before I answer any questions, has Mrs.Park been taking care of her health?" He asked.

"Doctor. Could I speak to you a moment?" Bomi cut in before any could answer. She didn't want Chorong's life or her past to come whirling out because of a occurrence such as this one. She understood how Chorong was. Chorong loved her isolation and her privacy.

"And you are?"

"A friend." She replied dryly as she stepped aside with the doctor.

"Who's that?" Hoya mumbled, his arms crossed and he seemed slightly bored. Inside however he was worry as hell.

"A friend." L replied. L then turned his attention to Dongwoo who was standing in the corner like a frozen statue who just saw a phoenix rise from the ashes.

"You found her. You found Bomi, why didn't you tell me?" Woohyun hissed, his temper going lose as usual. He was an spinning bullet and could kill everyone in the room. L rolled his eyes.

"Time and place hyung."

Woohyun was already fuming when Sunggyu grabbed his arm pushing him back down to the chair.

"Stop PMS-ing. You still haven't explained to us what the hell happened. Do you know that I drove at the speed of light to get here when Sungjong called me." Sunggyu hissed. His arms were laid against his temple.

"I like you. I like you Chorong." Those words spilled out of his mouth. Each syllable was an agonizing chord his throat of how slow and stupid he had been. Each slow breath carried the weight of a semi-truck as it was being expelled from his lips. He meant it. His words. He liked her, he was falling for her and he couldn't stop himself. He didn't want to stop it. She didn't reply. She just stared at him as the rain continued to drench her.

Her eyes were a wide open canvass of clear light for this one moment. Everything was clear for that half a second as she stared back at him. Then it vanished as fast as it came, that ounce of light that told him everything and anything about her was gone.

Her eyes then as if getting drained of all life at that every moment dropped to the ground and her body slowly dropped like a descending angel on a lost trail that blindly landed in his life.

"Chorong!" He shouted as she fell, running to catch her before her body hit the ground.....

"Hyung, I don't want to talk about it." Woohyun answered standing up from the chair as he paced towards Bomi and the doctor who were talking quietly in the distance.

"What about her parents?" He heard the doctor ask. He was familiar with the doctor. Doctor Oh, the family doctor. His grandmother was rather specific with who was to handle her health as well as her family. Doctor Oh met up to her standards.

Bomi sighed, "Her parents are dead to her." He heard Bomi reply. Her voice was harsh and cold. She held little to no emotions but sounded worry.

"Any family?" Doctor Oh now asked. Bomi nodded. If Woohyun didn't know better he would say she was rather hesitant.

"Yes. A sister." Their were other whispers, but he didn't hear to clearly. Chorong had a sister? He never knew. He really didn't know anything about her really. The doctor turn to walk away while Bomi turned and met eye and eye with him. Her eyes were upset, angry, frustrated. She didn't seem to like him. He didn't blame her. He was a jerk, no much worst than a jerk to Chorong.

"Bomi-shi, I'm-"

Ouch. He was instantly cut off when her arm reached out in a fit of extreme anger. Her hand flying mercilessly towards his face, full of strength and pent up anger aimed directly at him. A whoosh of wind was guided along with the force of her palm that spiced him like a knife.

Bomi's patience and tolerance for this man were quite unique. He was a grown man, yet acted like a child or worst, a jealous teenager who didn't even know he was jealous. Yet he cared, he cared a lot. He cared so dearly for Chorong, it was written all in his eyes. But he had no idea how to show it. It was like his compassion has been tossed out of his body. Trapped in a bottle that was thrown into the middle of the ocean to forever set sail in the blueness that surrounded the earth. He deserved that slap. In more than one way. Maybe getting slapped by a stranger would knock some of that lost compassion into him.

"Knocked some sense into you?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow. He looked back at her. She looked stone cold serious. Her eyes were burning with white-fire.

"Bomi, just relax." Dongwoo cut in. Bomi noticeably fidget and tense up upon realizing Dongwoo's presence. Her eyes desperately trying to avoid his intense glare at any possible means.

"This isn't any of your concern. Just back off." She hissed to Dongwoo while her scornful glare was stunted to Woohyun.

"Oh, is that anyway to treat your fiancée?" Dongwoo shot at the stubborn girl. He could hear the group grow quiet as the shock set in. All except for L and Hoya who remained expressionless as they sat quietly in the chairs. It was an unbelievable sight, how many things could fit in one day. Maybe the rain had something to do with it. But at the end of the day the rain will stop, like it always did but the problems will remain intact.

"Fiancée huh, I believe that term no longer exist. Last I checked you jumped in the fastest ship and hit seven seas." Every word sliced him inside out like shark teeth eating at him while he laid helplessly. It was incredible the power she had over him. The power only she had but was oblivious to this fact.

Before he was given the chance to retort a important figure appeared at the corner of the hallway.

Her face was youthful still for someone her age. Her sight had lost its youth but saw what many missed, she saw what mattered and she saw people much like how Chorong does. Her mind was still as fresh as any other young youth if not more knowledgeable. She wore a small frame but she was powerful, and her words mattered. She was a women of age, and with age came knowledge. With age came an understanding of what many could not decipher yet.

"Woohyun." She called to her precious grandson. Her voice was loud and powerful. Full of grace as she was a woman of grace and fire.

"Grandmother." Woohyun was more than stunned to see his grand mother standing only a few feet away from him.

"Well, well. I actually expected this to happen sooner. You exceeded my hopes dear." She smirked as she stepped closer. Sungyeol had already gone over to help her, though she insisted that her walking was perfectly fine, they all knew better. She was a stubborn woman.

Woohyun gulped. Everything going getting out of control. As if it already wasn't.

--

Everything felt like a foggy summer haze that drenched her body in cold. A spinning maze of directions and paths that all called out to her. Chorong slowly flickered her eyes open. Everything was blurry. She wasn't at the house, she could see the machines hooked up to her.

"She's awake. Noona, you're awake." Sungjong's voice was the first thing she heard. Then it hit her, she was in the hospital. Her mind had fallen into water so cold, all her limbs had become numb on impact. Every second that the clock ticked down was another excruciating moment of torment that her body was not equipped to handle, not ready to relive as flashes of memories, of nightmares years ago floated around her pulling her under. She was struggling to break from the impact, her body began to react violently.

"Noona, noona what's wrong. Its me. Sungjongie." The young boy cried out to her but her mind had already the realm of consciousness. "Chorong!" A cried could be heard. She didn't know the owner of the voice though it was familiar she was to terrified to try to decipher it.

"Shh, shhh. Sweetheart its fine. Its me." The warm calmness of that voice was the only thing that could bring her back, the only force strong enough to break impact of the water washing over her. The room stood quiet with disbelief and shock. Bomi has her arms around Chorong's shoulder, the other one patting the side of her head like a mother would when her child was hurt.

"Shh, shh. Everything's fine...just relax." Bomi reassured. Her voice the only song that Chorong could hear, the only song with the capability to save her. Her body instantly calmed down and it was noticeable. Her senses reappeared in time who her to comprehend the situation.

"Where am I?" She asked in a soft whisper. She sounded scare and she hated being scare. But right now all she was scare. She had always been scare, it was just that no one bothered to look.

"You're at the hospital. You fainted, remember." Bomi answered in a delicate voice that soothed even the lions. Chorong didn't reply for a moment, she only nodded. She hated hospitals. She felt like a prisoner in them, a caged bird whose wings had been clipped and the ability to fly was taken away.

"I want to get out. I need to get out." Chorong said only minutes later. By now the room was filled with everyone, including a worried husband whose guilt was slowly eating him up and an ex fiancée whose eyes were still in love with the soothing mother-like figure he saw in front of him. But the one presence felt throughout was the grandmother who stood with a knowing smile on her face. If anyone was to see her, one would assume she was crazy. But she was the only sane person in the room while everyone else was just blinded by life or to young to understand.

"I need to get out." Her desperate cry made hearts break. This was a Chorong unlike the ones they were accustomed to seeing. She was weak, fragile, tired, terrified but still so beautiful at the same time. This was the Chorong behind the brick walls that hid her from the universe.

But Nam Grandmother understood. She understood. She understood it a little to well. People build up walls to see who would try hard enough to break them down. And the ones who have enough patience, strength, hope, fire, and love to break through those walls, those are the people worth holding on to.

"Let the Doctor check you first. I'll be here the whole time. Then you can leave." Bomi replied. Chorong looked to Bomi, it was like telepathy between the two, only the two girls could understand each other.

"...she doesn't know. She doesn't need to know, at least not right now." Bomi answered the question that Chorong had mentally asked. Chorong nodded. It was already to much. It had always been to much.

--

"What! No way in hell L. No! Just No. I won't allow it." Bomi hissed at the man.

"Come on Bomi. He's her husband." L insisted. It was a favor Woohyun had asked. L would had said no, but the look in Woohyun's eyes were just so lost. So scare and filled with guilt. Woohyun though he doesn't realize it yet, could be as cold as Chorong. L willingly agreed to help Woohyun.

"He's just going to take her home. Let her rest. He's a good cook, hell he's a better cook than the six of us put together. He'll take good care of her." L tried convincing the girl on front of her. He understood why Bomi was so against the idea, but if only she could understand Woohyun like how the rest of the boys did.

For once Woohyun was being open and real. "Why did you slap him then? Huh? To knock some compassion into him. So let him show her compassion." L insisted. He was stubborn and had his friend's back. Bomi exhaled deeply and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Fine. But if he ends up killing her," she warned, a finger pointing at L, "I'm going to rip you to shreds than feed you to the sharks. Understood pretty boy."

"Yes. She agreed. Thank you noona. Thank you." Sungjong cheered like a child who just entered a amusement park for the first time. Overly hyperactive.

Bomi frowned and turn around to walk away. Her footsteps were now halfway across the hall when a voice called out to her.

"Miss Yoon." She stopped in her tracks. Turning her shoulder around she looked over to Nam Grandmother who still had that knowing smile laced on her face.

"You already found it." She said confusing everyone who was there. All the boys excluding Woohyun were there as well as Nam Grandmother. The boys stared from Bomi to Nam Grandmother, they were confused by that statement.

"Your salvation. Your safe haven. You already found it, just don't be scare to let it in." Those words cracked through Bomi like boulders falling on her. Every word was like being hit with realization. Reality scared her right now. All her life she had been searching for one thing. And now it was standing on her doorstep asking to come in, and she denied it. Without replying she turned around and continued to walk her steps were the only sounds that echoed through the hallways.

Dongwoo didn't hesitant for a moment as he stood up, intending to follow her, but was stopped. "Sit down dear." Nam Grandmother ordered, her voice was demanding and knowledgeable. It could guide titans or destroyed armies. She had a power to her that could not be explained in words.

Then turning her eyes to L she nodded. "Follow her dear." She spoke. Dongwoo's mouth dropped. What? "Grandmother...." L spoke. He knew that Dongwoo was going to jump him right now and turn him into stew. Nam Grandmother nodded knowingly as a smile flashed on her face.

"Sit down Dongwoo dear. She'll come around. That's a stubborn girl right there, but with time she'll come around. Now you Myungsoo, dear," she turned her attention back to L, "Go after Miss Yoon, and she'll lead you to her." It only took a second for him to fully comprehend what she met before running down the hallway.

"Bomi-shi!" L yelled out. Bomi turned around to face him. The rain had stopped, but just because the rain had stop didn't mean their problems would end along with it. Sometimes Bomi wished it did, but if that was so, life wouldn't be worth living. A life without real issues and problems that melt away the ice and broke through storms, that wouldn't even be call life.

"Could I talk to her. To Naeun-shi?" He was almost scare of her answer. He felt his breathing slow down. His heart tighten. It was like asking her parents if they would allow him to marry their daughter. It was a strange feeling, but he found a motherly scent in Bomi.

"Of course." She replied almost instantly.

He furrowed his thick brows, "Really? Why?" A smile widen onto her face as she tilted her head.

"Just give me a ride to the care center and I'll let you see her." She responded. He nodded running down the steps outside the hospital that lead to a parking lot.

He walked ahead of her as she followed. "Because you asked me." She murmured as she got into the passeger seat of his car. She was referring to the question he threw at her from a moment ago.

L chuckled, "Because little kids ask for what they want."

Bomi nimbled her lower lip. Yeah, he was dead on. "Dongwoo says that too?"

Just the topic of bringing up an old love scared her. He did after all leave her. He left her when she needed him the most. And now she was running from him, him and the rest of the universe. Maybe it was how life worked. She never understood it, but life wasn't met to be understood.

"Yeah. All the time." L reply catching the small frown Bomi had on.

"Little kids are not scare to ask for what they want. Because most of the time its usually something like toys or candy. But as they become older the things they want become out of their reach, so they become scare. Scare to ask for what they desire. And after a while you just stop asking....if you ask for something that means you want it enough. Because its enough to ask for." Bomi explained as she looked up the skies that were lined with dark shadow clouds. A depressing scene indeed.

L chuckled. "That's the exact thing Dongwoo hyung said to me. That's the only logical thing he says, you know cause most of the time the things he say are full of-"

"-Nonsense. Yeah, that sounds like him. Talking in nonsense like a child. But that innocence in him is beautiful as it is fragile." Bomi finished for L. Her eyes were glue outside on the buildings. No matter what big city she was in, no matter the country, no matter the physical look, they were all the same. Dangerous and bare. Tempting to hide from her. To punish her.

Why don't you forgive him?" L asked. This was a delicate topic and he knew that. He was a friend and had the right to ask.

"Because he left me. Once you leave me, you're as good as dead to me."

--

In his eyes, she radiated strength and courage, in his eyes, she was someone admirable, someone who’s beauty did not exist in words that could be form by the mouth. In his eyes, she was a little girl who was force to grow up to quickly. Running from her past only to fall in the present.

"Where's Bomi?" Her voice was back to the dry, cold tone she always had on. Sungjong had grabbed some clothes for her a while ago. She hated wearing that hospital gown.

"She had to leave." He replied. He was almost scare to speak to her. Afraid she would break into a million pieces if not careful enough.

"And what are you still doing here?" Those words burned his insides like being set on fire with a torch. She had this power over him.

"Taking you home." He replied and he could already see her stiffen in her place.

"Sungjongie or Sunggyu can take me." She insisted avoiding eye contract with him. She didn't want to be around him, he could tell. But he wasn't going to let her go, ever.

"I'll just take you." He insisted. He wondered if she remembered, the last words he said to her before she fainted. He hoped she did, because he didn't regret saying those words. Not at all.

"I'm not going home with you." She demanded her eyes looking up to meet his. The lioness was back.

"Or what? What can you do?" He tested her. Like always. It was a battle of their wills. Always had been. No one tested Chorong, no one but Wohyun.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" She screamed at the top of her lungs catching him off guard. The door slammed open.

"What happened? Chorong what happened?" Sunggyu asked as he ran in, alarmed and confused at the same time. Sungjong and Sungyeol were close behind.

"Can you take me home?" she asked. Her face was stone hard serious. No one was going to test her, all expect for her husband.

"...Sure." Sunggyu murmured turning to Woohyun and throwing him a confused look. Then slowly stepping out of the room, Chorong followed.

"Why can't you trust me?" Woohyun asked. He sounded so, weak, so unlike the Nam Woohyun the world knew. And this was all because of Chorong.

She stopped dead in her tracks and turn to face him. "Because you hate me more than you like me. You're cold to me, you play with me like I'm sort of chess piece then leave and come back this totally new person, one who gives a damn one who is kind and caring, only to leave me again... My whole life people had come and go, thrown me to the curve like a piece of . Banish me. Isolated me. Broke me apart piece by piece, bit by bit. I don't want to continue living like that. It just hurts to much. It's like falling into water so cold all your limps become numb and all you can do is watch the world leave you. Leave you to die. You hurt to much."

Words hurt. Her words hurt, because they just killed him in his spot.

"What the hell!" She hissed as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her away. His steps were quick and steady yet out of controlled and all based on emotions. Sunggyu was about to follow until Hoya grabbed him.

"Let them go man. Trust me. Let them go." Hoya said giving a nod.

--

"Where the hell are we going?" Chorong asked. She was more annoyed by him than ever. She was upset and confused. He was acting based on feelings and emotions. It was dangerous to live like that, she should know. Feelings and emotions could drag your life to hell.

He didn't reply. He only drove like a mad man going down downtown Seoul. He was in a race with himself, and the winner was still undecided. He wasn't angry, he couldn't be angry anymore, at least not with her. However there was a force driving him, driving him out of his logical mind and into the depths of ice cold water.

"What the Woohyun. Where are we going? You can't just pull me away whenever you feel like it. You can't control me and use me at your will." She hissed at him, venom dripping in her voice and pain falling from her lips but they fell on deaf ears. He was over and beyond her. She couldn't handle this Woohyun.

"We're going to where it all started." He finally spoke. She shook her head. He was going insane, like her. He wasn't thinking straight and she was the one who tipped him off.

"Stop the car!" She ordered. He chuckled as if she was making some sort of joke.

"Or what? You're jump out. Go ahead. I dare you." He retorted. He was being dead serious. And this scared her. He had totally lost it. He reminded her so much of herself. He was as crazy as her. As damn as her. He was out and over his head. His temper was as lose and firely as hers. He was suffering and surviving like she was. It was frightening how much they had in common.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked in a soft whisper. She didn't want to fire up the beast.

"Because I like you." Those words repeated themselves so many times over and over in her head. She didn't quite understand them. But she didn't understand him either. Why did he act like this if he liked her?

The car finally slowed down and come to a sudden stop. They were facing the Han River. The rain had made the river wider and deeper, the dark skies were shady and gloomly and added a depressing tone to the universe. Chorong deeply exhaled. She didn't understand any of his actions. It was so unlike him, yet so like him. He confused her even more than ever. He was a mess, like her. he was trying to understand himself, like her.

There was a moment peace. Of quiet where neither said a thing.

And then her heart stopped as if exploded at the same time. It sprung faster than ever while doing back flips inside out, up and down. He grabbed her waist with one arm and her shoulders with the other pulling her over and embraced her in a tight desperate hug. He buried his face deep into her hair. It was like the world had come to a stand still and if was only them. Everything was still, the wind, the water, the city, the earth all frozen in time. Her eyes widen in shock and her heart was pounding so rapidly she swore it was running a racetrack. Then she felt it, the wet liquid soaking into her shirt and falling on her shoulder. The fragile moment where Woohyun had put all his guard down, in front of her, for her. He was...crying.