.21

Crazy Fates

A ghostly wrath reaches into the pit of her stomach, and Chorong felt it. Her bones quake from the thunder of an unseen storm and her blood boils with sinful premonition. It was an overshadowing presentiment, a feeling of wickedness.

It was absolute torture for him. Neither mumbled a phrase. No words were exchanged. It was like going back to the beginning of their marriage. Only back then, they communicated, even if it was useless arguments having to do with objects of no importance. At least they weren't invisible to each other. Like now.

As quickly as she came, she left, exiting the room. He stood up from the dining table where a stack of papers laid in no order.

Silent. That was the word used to describe them. They were silent. After what happened a few nights ago neither of them dare say a word to the other. It was stupid really, but they were even stupider. The silence had gone on long enough.

He walked over to the library where he knew she'll be. It had turned into her little salvation away from him. He opened the library door, he found Chorong sitting by the corner of the room, reading a book. Her hair was tied into two pigtails, making her look younger than her actual age. Her caramel hair against the sunlight caused it to look blonde, the rays from above radiated towards he engulfing her in light. She looked like an angel.

"Hey." He mumbled gently causing her attention to shift from the book to him. That was the first time he had spoken to her in half a week. Their eyes met and both felt electricity run through them.

"Hey." She mumbled back dryly. Silence.

"I have to get to work now." He stated. He wouldn't say anything else. He didn't know what else to do. What was he to do? Apologize? Why when it was her fault. When it was all her fault.

Chorong waited to hear the front door shut before she released a sigh. Her heart was breaking and it was oh so painful. It was a roaring kind of breaking where she felt every piece slowly disconnect, piece by piece, bit by bit.

--

"I just want my daughter back. I know I did her wrong. I was never around when they were young. I know I have no right, but she's my daughter." He pleaded to Woohyun. Woohyun narrowed his eyes at the man. At Chorong's father.

He didn't see it. He didn't see why Chorong refused to speak to her father. If he was given the chance to speak to his father, he would take it. He would take it in a heartbeat.

Chorong was being cruel. She was so cruel.

"Okay. Follow me." He instructed missing the wicked smile that appeared on the man's face. He had finally gotten through Woohyun, it was easy. It was so easy preying on someone as vulnerable as Woohyun. Woohyun was too blinded to really see the darkness that flickered within.

--

"Get the hell out!" Chorong screamed throwing the closest object to her towards the man. He stepped aside, as the object flew pass. Something had come unhinged inside of Chorong, her eyes filled with nothing but madness. It was like a lion eyeing a gazelle for breakfast. It was like he was silently harming her.

"Sweetheart, just hear me out." He begged and if she didn't know better she would stop to listen. She had given this monster one too many chances. She had let him enter her life one too many times. She had let him slid underneath her skin and tear her from inside out. She had enough.

"No. I'm done." She clarified with steady eyes that were dead set on the man. She saw right through his facade. She had become immune to it. She knew too well that he would only bring her pain and heart break. It was the man's calling, he brought pain with him.

She knew him too well. He was her father after all. He was her hell. He was a drug addict, a drunk, a dealer, and low-life of a human being. He let his daughters starve, he let his daughters suffer. Her childhood was filled with memories of arguments and fights. Her mother was what people considered a . She slept around with random men to get what she wanted. Both of Chorong's parents walked out of Chorong's life, only to return, begging and apologizing over, and over, and over again. All Chorong and Naeun had were their grandmother. And she wasn't even their actual grandmother, just a kind aunt who saw two young girls in need.

Chorong was twelve when her grandmother dead. The cause of reason? Her father. He killed her. And he wasn't punished. Not at all. She was fourteen when he came back. When he came knocking on the door, ordering his daughters back. By now she knew, she knew not to trust him.

That's when it all started.

"Chorong, just hear him out, he's your father." Woohyun's cold voice brought her back to reality. Her husband. Her husband was siding with the man. He had gotten through Woohyun. He had gotten his way back her world and was breaking it inside out. He was destroying her life again. And he enjoyed it. He enjoyed seeing his daughter in pain. Her father. Her own father was doing this.

"Get. Out. Now." She declared. Chorong had unleashed it, the demon within, the monster that was slowly blowing up and taking everything down in her path. And like that she stormed out. She had to be away, away from them, away from that man.

--

"Chorong, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Woohyun ordered. Her father was gone by now. She heard him leave after she stormed out. She was pacing back and forth running her fingers through her locks as she tried to hold back the tears of anger. The tears of disappointment, the tears of sadness, the tears of stupidity.

She felt Woohyun touch her, forcing her to turn around and face him, before grabbing her chin and forcing her to meet eye and eye with him. Did she feel it? Yes, she felt the electricity run through her, a shock wave of emotions only he could create. But did he feel it. Not at all. She could tell by the stern look in his eyes that burned a fire as flaming hot as hell.

"Woo-"

"He's your father. And all he wants to do is talk! What the hell did he do to you that was so horrible!" Woohyun hissed as his arms wrapped around her waist. His fingers were digging deep into her skin, hurting her. But he didn't care.

"Let go of me." She ordered, though her voice was shaking. He didn't notice. Instead he dug his fingers deeply into her flesh.

"Why won't you just hear him out?" Woohyun pried. She saw it in his eyes. It was easier to read him now, she saw the pain. He had the same pain of growing up without a father. He wanted it to be his father who walked back in and offered his apologies. But the difference was that Chorong, unlike Woohyun, didn't ever want to see her father, let alone talk to him, let alone hear his fake lies.

"Why won't you hear me out. I said I didn't want to see him, I don't want to talk to him." She affirmed coldly. He groaned. He didn't understand her, he never did. This was just like how it used to be. Just how they used to be. It was war. It was a war—of which there were no weapons, no fighting, no blood. Just words and heartache.

He hissed pulling away from her as his temper was let loose. He had always been temperamental. Especially when it came to Chorong. Because only Chorong would push his buttons like this.

"Just stop it okay." She hissed with venom dripping off her tone as she stepped aside. She tried side stepping him only to have him yank her by the arm and pulled her towards him.

"You're stupid, you know that." He insulted with a sharp tongue as she clenched tightly onto her jaw. He was testing her.

"Stupid? Ha, I'm the stupid one. You're the one trusting a total stranger. You're the one picking sides with a stranger you know nothing about, over your wife! If anyone is stupid, its you!" She babbled as she stabbed him in the chest with his finger.

Calm tension thickened the air afterwards. Both Woohyun and Chorong were stubborn to their core, defensive and volatile to beat. It was madness of the gods at its worst.

"Get the hell out." He declared oblivious to the startled look that crossed her face. dropped, her eyes looked up to him. Her eyes locked with his and his chocolate eyes were now stone set and cold. If Medusa could turn people into stone with just one look, Woohyun was her Medusa because right now she felt every bone in her body freeze. He was serious. He was kicking her out because of this. Because of him. Because of something this stupid. Because she was stupid.

--

Chorong growled as she inhaled the strong smell of pine cones and leather. Letting the scene filled her system she leaned back in her seat. Her eyes stared out as nature's purest beauty blazing by as the train continued on its scheduled tracks. The moonlight maneuvered through the blinds allowing her a clean look of the bright moon castings its shadows down. Chorong was most definitely in trouble. The simple word 'trouble' didn't even begin to wrap around what she had going on in her mind.
 
Exerting all of her energy, she reluctantly pulled out her phone. Just as she had assumed. Messages, phone calls, voice mails. All of them directed at her, for leaving. Each and every one of them had tried contracting her, all except one. Him.
 
All her emotions were combusted into a series of strings pulling and tugging on one another. Sooner or later, one of the strings would snapped clean, and cut loose her tucked up emotions. They would spill like blood seeking through her core and soul. But for now she was doing the one thing her body ordered her to. Run. Run. Run.
 
Run away from what or who? The answer was as conspicuous, oh how obvious it was. He was written all over her in clear black permanent ink, intact into her like a pesticide that wouldn't let go no matter how hard she tried. He was another side of her, another piece of her and without him she could never truly be whole.
 
She was so in love with him, too in love with him. She wanted the rain pouring outside the windows to wash their memories. She wanted the rain to wash away his name as well as him. She loved him so dearly. She hated him as much as she loved him. She wanted to be rid of him as much as she wanted to crash into his arms.
 
Her mind was a roller coaster with no end. Maybe it started that day. The day she said 'I Do'. That was the day it started. That was when she began to fall in love with him. She never regretted meeting him, falling for him, loving him through. She just couldn't.
 
Who would had thought it would be him? The person she loves the most would be the one who would cause her the most pain. She scoffed at the irony of that. Her life wasn't fair, but it lead her to him. It was crazy, they were crazy, their fates were crazy.
 
"Unnie." Naeun's gentle voice called out to her as her sister sat behind her. The last 24 hours had been a mess. Chorong had showed up in the middle of the night. Her unnie was a mess, a broken mess who cried rivers amount of tears in those quick few hours. No one could do that to Chorong. No one. No one could break her down like Woohyun did. Chorong had set up walls to guard her heart. She had to fight day and night to keep from sinking in the quicksand around her. But it all came crashing down. Because of one man. And she loves him.

Naeun wrapped her arms around her unnie. Naeun didn't need to see Chorong's face to know that she crying again.

"We're make it out of here this time unnie. We always do." Naeun reassured. She was reassuring both of them. But they both knew this was as good as it gets. That Seoul was as good as it gets. They were on the train to no where. And behind them, they were leaving friends, and loved ones. They were leaving a husband, and a potential lover.

"Unnie, can you let me be the strong one now?"

Chorong nodded indicating a yes. She couldn't do this any longer.