.28

Crazy Fates

 

"Unnie." Naeun called again breaking Chorong from her own thoughts.

"What is it?" Chorong asked staring at her sister. Naeun's eyes were filled with an emotion with was highly unusual for her. It spun wildly and with no control. Chorong could decipher that emotion immediately.

"You have feelings for him don't you." She suggested with a knowing smile. Naeun looked away and shrugged like an innocent school girl. The was the fragrance in the air, the innocent formula that had came about. A crush. Her little sister had a crush.

"It just happened okay. Its not like I planned for it, its not like I was intending for anything to happen. It just happened." Naeun explained. That was the thing about crushes, sometimes you understand them like you do the back of your hand. And other times, the logic disappears, and only emotions remain. Logic evaluates from your mind leaving only a jungle for you to walk through. You have to untangle string by string to figure out what is what.

"You know what I suggest," Chorong stated looking towards her sister, "I suggest that you tell him. I suggest that you jump for once. And even if you fall, I'll be here to catch you."

"But its never as easy as that." Naeun countered. Naeun, like every other girl had her moments of where she was unsure of the outcome of the situation. This scared Naeun, because she didn't know what will be created out of all of this.

"What in life is?" Chorong countered back. Nothing was easy. It has its bumps in the roads. It has its cracks that slow you down and block your way. That was it, because once you break free from those obstacles, you're freed.

"You like him, so tell him. Its as easy as that. Everything else is just made to complicate things." Chorong added.

--

"What time is it?" Dongwoo asked, he was preoccupied with the drink in his hand to check the time.

There was a pause before anyone answered.

Bomi was leaving. Today. She was going back to that hellhole in which she was born into. She was facing her demons, or so she thought. In reality, Bomi was just running from one demon to the next. It was a complex way of living, running. Because people can run forever. Knowing Bomi meant knowing that she would run forever.

"What time is it?" He repeated. Once again the boys found themselves in L's bar, drinking over how pitiful their friend was being. Everyone but Woohyun was there.

Sunggyu was finally the one to speak, "Time for you to go after her." He responded. His response was more of an ordered that was meant to be followed and executed.

Maybe he had one to many drinks, or maybe he didn't have enough, but that response he received was enough to send him flying through the bar and out the door.

He had one destination in mind, the airport.

--

Dongwoo dashed through airport and towards the gate where the passengers leaving for New York were.

A million thoughts ran through his mind as he raced through the gates. One thought stood out from the rest: Yoon Bomi.

He remembered all those years ago when he ran from her. He remembered the pain he went through when he abandoned her, he knew she must've felt ten times the pain he felt. He was positive that he didn't want her to leave him.

Out of the corner of his eyes he saw Woohyun and Chorong. The couple were standing next to each other, their fingers intertwined.

Dongwoo envied them. The two of them were like two tornadoes spinning together. It was absolute chaos in the worst of ways. Yet they were the perfect fit. They were both two contorted pieces of puzzle that belong next to each other.

"There you are. We were waiting for you." Woohyun spoke with a warm, knowing smile on his face. Dongwoo was taken back at the casual tone of his friend's voice.

Chorong turned around and pointed towards a certain someone. Dongwoo followed her eyes and his eyes landed on her. He couldn't miss her. Her wavy dark brown hair, her light skin stood out to him.

Step by step he made his way towards her. She was sitting there like a glass doll, but he knew Yoon Bomi was much more than glass. Bomi didn't crack easily like glass. Glass was fragile, breakable and weak. Bomi didn't have any of those traits.

She didn't seem to notice him. She didn't realized that he was there at all. A suitcase was situated next to her, another bag was next to the suitcase.

Slowly he sat down on the empty seat next to her. He took a quick glance at the Chorong and Woohyun. Chorong gave him a reassuring nod.

Bomi slightly turned her head and he could tell that she saw him from the corner of her eyes. Slowly, Bomi exhaled deeply, releasing all the tension in her body. She frowned, her lips pouting cutely.

"I didn't think you would show." She mumbled, looking straight ahead. She was either avoiding eye contract with him, or deeply lost in her thoughts. Dongwoo was unsure which one was more poisonous at this point.

"I didn't think I would come either. But I know I can't let you leave, at least not like this." She replied, looking ahead and the headboard which had the information of which frights were boarding. Bomi's flight was scheduled to board in 20 minutes. 20 minute felt like too short of time for him. 20 minutes wasn't enough time for him to clear his thoughts, to empty his mind, organized his head, 20 minutes was too short.

"Chorong unnie told me I was running." Bomi began. He flinched when she said that. Bomi indeed was running, and more specifically, from him. "She told me I was just running from one demon to the next." Bomi explained. She turned her body to face him.

Her eyes twinkled with exhaustion, fear, nervousness, pain. He also noticed the courage, pride, the excitement, the strength. Indeed, Yoon Bomi was an conflicting woman marked with an unknown fate. Her fate was put into the hands of an unknown force that was to drive her.

"I don't want you to leave." Dongwoo stated, making sure his voice was firm and stable. He wanted to hammer that fact in her head.

"But you also know that I'm not going to stay. Not least not now, not until I get everything sorted out." She replied sadly. Dongwoo frowned and dropped his head.

"That's why I was hoping you would take this." She stated. He popped his head back up. He looked at her hand. In her hand, was another plane ticket. He looked at her with a confused expression.

It finally dawned on him after a good 30 seconds that the ticket was intended for him. She was holding a ticket for him. He stared at her and she looked back and firm eyes. A small smile appeared on her face.

"...But, I..." Speechless. That was the only word to describe his reaction. Here before him was Yoon Bomi, holding the plane ticket that could change his whole future. The only thing that crossed his mind once his thoughts re-furnish his mind; Bomi. He wasn't willing to lose her again. He wasn't going to let her simply walk away from him like he did to her.

Reaching his hand up he took the ticket from her. He watched for her reaction and felt himself relax when a smile lighted onto her face.

Another thought popped up. He didn't have anything with him aside from the clothes on his back. Bomi must've noticed his too. She giggled, and signaled him to turn around. He obeyed her commands and turned around to find Woohyun and Chorong, still standing there. Next to Woohyun was a suitcase. His suitcase to be more specific.

He chuckled. Had that suitcase been there all along?

"Are you coming with me?" Bomi asked with hesitation. She was nervous and scared, as well as uncertain about what his answer would be. He smiled, wasn't it obvious. His answer was obvious.

"Of course." He answered. If he couldn't make her stay, he would go with her. If it was demons she was facing, he was going to fight along side her.

--

"We did pretty good." Woohyun commented as the pair walked out, hand in hand. A smile lifted onto Chorong's face as she flicked her husband's forehead.

"Pretty good? She was 20 minutes away from leaving. How was that good?" She rebutted with a pout as Woohyun held onto her hand tighter.

He smiled at her remark, "He showed up, isn't that the important part?" He questioned. At the end of the day, Dongwoo showing up was what mattered. They could put everything on the line, and none of it would matter if he didn't show. But they knew he would. They knew Dongwoo was going to show up. That was the reason why they brought the extra ticket, and why Woohyun took the time to pack a suitcase for his friend, after sneaking into his home of course.

"You can relax now, Chorong. Nothing left to worry about." He mumbled to his beautiful wife. She looked at from his bewildered, wide eyes. He knew the thoughts going through her head when it came to Bomi and Naeun. She was worried to death about them. Not anymore though, they no longer needed to be caged and controlled. None of them did.

Chorong was the type to overthink her dongsengs situation, as if it was her own. She made their hardships her own. She couldn't life without caring for them. She couldn't be happy unless they were happy.

"I know." She replied with a smile as she looked ahead. Woohyun groaned, stepping behind her and pulling her close so her beck fell into his chest. He placed both arms around her waist, around her growing belly. Placing his chin in her shoulder.

"Have I ever told you, you have an amazing heart. A beautiful, amazing, caring heart."

"Not until now."

"Well you do. You have amazing heart."