.24

Crazy Fates

 

She is wrapped in a beige trench coat and black boots. Her heels click against the concrete and making splashes in the rain. She held a bright red umbrella in hand as she took in her surroundings. The sun has just set but Seoul was still as busy as ever. The people are many, and Bomi blended into the crowd, unnoticed by anyone.

The last 48 hours had been chaotic. First, she and L had to chase down Woohyun. They had to literally carry him back to the house and lock him there. Second, the questions arose, this time, from the guys, who like a lot of people, were clueless. Third, the phone call. From the one woman who might have all the answers to this mess.

It took some convincing but she was able to leave, telling L, she needed to see her aunt. L was basically playing the prison guard, making sure Woohyun didn't try to leave.

Woohyun, as predicted, was still a raging ball of fire. Bringing him back was not an easy task. If Woohyun was a burning ball of fire, then Bomi was covered in third degree burns by now.

But she knew that Woohyun had to stay in the dark. Knowing Nam Woohyun meant knowing that if ticked off, Woohyun was dynamite. And dynamite was deadly.

Bomi kept quiet as she moved through the alleyway. Her eyes were locked on a certain, specific location. Upon reaching her destination, she let out a sigh of relief. She was cautious of her surroundings, making sure no one else was around before she stepped towards the red door, pulling it open.

"You're here." The female spoke in fluent English. It was a small back room connected to a bar. No one else was there other than the two of them.

"We're really in deep. We need help." Bomi blurted, that was the truth, the ugly truth. They were in over their heads.

"So they just disappeared, just like that." She said stepping closer to Bomi. Bomi didn't have to reply, the answer was obvious. "Typical Chorong." She whispered with slightly disappointment in her voice, or to Bomi, that's what it sounded like.

Don't worry. I have a friend. A friend whose welling to help. She'll solve all this.

"What kind of friend?" Bomi questioned. She was indeed, protective of Chorong and Naeun. They were her friends, and she wasn't going to let them get hurt.

"The kind that's family." She replied. Bomi narrowed her brows, confused by the statement.

--

His pain was the only thing left filling his body. Pain and the sudden feeling of loneliness. Loneliness because she was gone, and he was partly to blame.

"Woohyun." L mumbled from behind causing him to slowly turn around. He didn't want to talk, or even bother to look at his friend.

"What, so now I'm your prisoner?" Woohyun hissed with venom in his voice. L sighed, this was going to be quite a problem. They were all struck in this mess together.

Woohyun’s eyes were stained in a dangerous form, and his brows furrowed into a frown. He turned away from L and continued to pay attention to the rain. The scattered against the cement and the heavy drops of precipitation captured his mind.

"You guys take me for a fool. All of you, is that why I didn't know anything. Is that why you all let me ed up my life?" He hissed over to his friend. His thought process, even in this condition, was clear, at least for the time being. And what he was sure of was that be wanted her safe. Wherever she was, he hoped she was safe. That was all he could ask for.

"Woohyun, its never as easy as it looks. We didn't tell you because of Chorong, and she didn't tell you because she wanted to protect you. She was scare of how you will react. And knowing you, she was right to be scare."

"So what now?"

L didn't reply back right away. A paused engulfed the two in a smoke of silence. "We put the bastard away."

"How? He's been able to stay free for years. How are you supposed to catch him?" Woohyun probed. He wasn't exactly the optimist at this point, but who could blame him. He had lead to his own self destruction.

"I don't know man." L replied, disappointing Woohyun. But deep down L was being eaten with guilt. His body was numb from the information Bomi had told him earlier. L straight out snapped at her. Why would she even consider suggesting something like that. It wasn't until Bomi explained that L understood. So here he stood, in the crossroads between two paths. And which ever path he choose, there was no going back.

"Let's go somewhere. Get out of here." L suggested. Woohyun looked over to him with curious eyes. For the last 48 hours L had denied him any access to the outside world and had trapped him here, basically like a prisoner. Why the sudden change in decisions?

"You have to meet someone." L clarified when he noticed that Woohyun didn't bugle from his spot.

"If you want your wife back, just follow me and stop complaining like an idiot."

--

Chorong deeply sighed, she watched the canvass of black above her, admiring the stars. Chorong had always said she wanted to leave the city. She always wanted to live in the countryside. She wanted to watch the stars, hear the soft breeze without all the cars and traffic, she wanted to live a simple life.

She unconsciously held onto her stomach. She bit her lower lips, worried about her future. Worried about what was next, worried about everything.

She had someone growing in her. Her child. Her baby. She felt hot liquid begin to form in the corners of her eyes.

She was going to be a mom. Chorong huffed out air. A mother. She was going to be someone's mommy. Her mother was never a really good mother. Her mother was never a mother. She left them when Chorong was five and Naeun was two. She appeared again a year later. Always coming and going as she wished. She never considered her daughter's feelings.

Chorong closed her eyes to remember the night. The night their father stormed in, killing their grandmother. Chorong had covered Naeun's eyes, forbidding her sister to see the scene.

Chorong remember it, many years later when they were in Japan, the night they saw their mother. They were prisoners to their own father, trapped under his arms.

Chorong remembered it perfectly. The air was chilly, the leaves were changing, autumn. Just before the cold hit. The was still the same reckless mother they had always known. And that night, she sold them. She sold them like they were nothing but trash.

It was clearly embedded in Chorong's mind. Their mother had accidentally dropped by a certain club, to find her ex-husband and daughters. Their mother had somehow managed to take them away from their father. And that was the worst part, because for a moment there, they were freed. For a moment they were out of his control, free from his hold. Only to be crushed once again. Take a someone's hopes and set them free, only to capture them inside a box.

But Chorong didn't care anymore. She didn't care about the women anymore. If her daughters weren't worth keeping, then her daughters would lock their mother out of their hearts.

"Seriously, you're still outside. Unnie, you're going to get sick. Come inside." Naeun ordered as she stepped towards Chorong and pulled her inside.

"Hey Naeun, do you think I'll be a good mother?" Chorong asked. Naeun's eyes widen. It was such a random question, she thought. As Naeun scanned her sister's eyes, she understood. There was a deep meaning within her sister's orbs. It was a fear, one intact deeply within.

"You won't be like her. You won't be like our mother." And Naeun was sure of that. Chorong would be nothing like their mother.

Before Chorong could retort, the door bell rung. Both sisters stood in shock. They didn't know anymore here, and nobody knew that they were here. So who was at the door?

Chorong hesitantly stepped towards the front door. She grabbed the door knob. She felt like a monster was awaiting them on the other side of the door. She slowly unlocked the door, both the top lock and then the bottom before she pulled the door.

dropped when her eyes fell on the figure. She was right. A monster did await for her on the other side.

"How did you find us?" She questioned, her voice dripping with venom as her eyes shot lasers at the person.

"How can I not? You're my daughters."