.19

Crazy Fates

They were so graceful. So alluring. So, intimidating. She was breathing his air, and he was living on her heartbeat. She was in love with him, undeniably, madly, genuinely. She didn't even think it could be possible to feel this much. Too feel so much your heart could explode from happiness.

Her heart was just about to burst from the overload of fluttering. She was completely lost in him. She felt so much. Care. Compassion. Trust. Longing. Completeness. A hint of lust. But most importantly, the emotion that captivated her most: love. It left her breathless, the good kind. No words would leave as she stared at him in silence for more than a minute. Her heart flutter and stomach turn from joy. Maybe it was fate finally giving her happiness.

"I have to do this." She stated firmly to herself studying his features as he slept. She wasn't going to sit around and let the world eat up everything she had. Not again. She scooted, trying to get up only to be met with a aching pain that spread throughout her lower body. The second she pulled away she instantly missed his strong arms and his warm breath.

"I'm not letting you take him away from me." She mumbled to herself with a deep fire in her eyes that could only symbolize the spark of the war that should finalize their crazy fates.
--
Woohyun was in a daze the whole day. A fluttering daze where anything and everything made him smile like a fool in love.

He was leaving work. His heart beat faster knowing he would see her sooner. He had awoken that morning to the rising sun, his wife however, was gone. He searched for her to find no signs of her. Just a simple note saying,

I went out, don't worry. I'm visiting Naeun.

Normally he would freak out, he would chase after her, like the fool he was for her. But something told him not to. Something told him to trust her. He had to keep his promise to her. He had to trust her.

"Excuse me, Nam Woohyun." He heard his name being called. He turned around to find the man he had seen talking to Chorong. There was a dangerous vibe to the man, a death vibe, but something about him made him look like he couldn't hurt a fly. The man was middle aged, around the same age as Woohyun's father, give or take a few years. The two were alone in the parking lott, it was a private one, only listed to the higher ranks in the company, which included him of course, future CEO and all.

"Can I help you?" Woohyun asked, his tone coming off harsher than intended, then again, his tone was always harsher than intended.

"Yes. I was hoping you would help me with something, you see, I'm trying to get my family back." He replied. The man's eyes were cold and frozen, holding almost no life in them at all. Woohyun only knew of one pair of sisters who had the same effect in their eyes.

"And how can I help you?" He probed. He didn't even know the man. The man stepped closer to him, dangerous steps tread closer to him, but Woohyun was oblivious to this. If only he knew, if only.

"You son, you can certainly help me," He stated, his voice cold and stern yet warm, "You're married to my daughter."

--

"Come here." He instructed the second she stepped through the door. She felt tired and worn out. Chorong always did. It was like she was running on fuel, and the fuel was running out rapidly.

Her husband was seated by the television which was . The house was dark, only the screen in front of them were , the deep colors spreading through the room. He was wrapped in a thick blanket, his eyes glued on the television screen where a romantic comedy was on. He hated romantic comedies, they both did, Chorong noted. Yet strangely enough there he was, watching a romantic comedy.

She sat next to him, throwing her bag on the ground in front of him. He tackled her into his arms, pulling the blanket over her lower half before he pulled her into his lap. She shrieked at the sudden skin contract but remained silent as his eyes remained on the screen. Though his eyes were on the television screen, she felt like his full attention was on her. She soon relaxed in his arms as she turned to watch the show that was on.

"Can I ask you a question?" He murmured into her hair after a moment of silence. His voice sounded deep and slightly tired sending chills throughout her. She turned her eyes to him, his soft chocolate eyes met hers, she felt her cheeks deepen red remembering the events which occurred the night before.

"What is it?" Though she could sense that he was almost afiad of asking the question itself. That's when she noticed the bold yet confused look in his eyes, how his lips were a frown, how his brows wrinkled in distress. Something was bothering him.

"You-I have-You, you don't talk about your family a lot." He stumbled, his mind flashing back to all the conversations they had. None of which ever involved her family, aside from her sister, Naeun of course. And now, here he was, apparently he had found her father. He noticed how the woman bit her lower lip, as her eyes casted down, breaking contract with his as they fell onto the ground. He pulled his arms around her waist as he pulled her closer to him.

"My family is complicated. Its a long story. You don't want to hear it." She replied back, but he knew she was lying. Chorong was usually good when it came to lying. In fact, she didn't lie offend. She just avoided answering the questions. That was a trait of hers he had realized. So what about her family made her do something or out of her character?

"Okay." He said to her. He didn't want to pry. Yes, he actually did, but he also knew he didn't want to upset his wife. So for now, he would look quietly in the dark.

"Woohyun," She called his name softly, "What are you willing to do for the people you love?" She asked hesitantly. She had confirmed it for him. Something was wrong, and what ever it was, she wasn't talking. Chorong was as stubborn as a mule. And so was he.

"Anything. I will do anything for the people I love." And he wasn't lying. For her, the woman he loved he would do anything. He relaxed his chin on her shoulder as the two blankly stared at the television screen. The flashes of colors danced from the screen into the room, but neither of them had anything concern for what was on. Instead there minds lingered in something more complex, more interesting, more dangerous, and more beautiful than anything that could be featured on a plasma screen. Their minds were lingering in themselves and their lives.

"Yeah. I would too." Chorong whispered softly.
--