.26

Crazy Fates

 

There was no regret, no remorse, no looking back. Only today. And today the sky was blue. Today the sky was a vibrant shade of blue that contrasted off the white clouds.

Chorong watched from afar as they pulled her father into police car, driving away from here, away from her. She released a breath of air.

"Come on, let's go." Bomi instructed from behind Chorong. Upon returning to Seoul, Chorong was met with a giant bear hug from Bomi and a long rant about Chorong's actions.

After Bomi was done ranting at her, Chorong came to a realization. She really missed Yoon Bomi. She really missed everyone.

"So what's next?" Bomi asked as the two walked side by side back to the car where Woohyun impatiently awaited her. He refused to let her out of his sight. If it wasn't for Bomi telling him that she needed five minutes to talk to his wife, she would be super glued to him.

"I can finally breathe." Chorong responded with a smile. After all these years, after all this time, she felt the weight of the world lift off her shoulders. She felt herself making it over the mountain, surviving in ways she never thought she could.

"So your mother just dropped everything off like that she just disappeared again?" Bomi asked knowing this was a sensible subject. Chorong nodded. That was the truth, their mother had appeared and disappear like the wind.

"It doesn't matter now, I don't care." Chorong affirmed, and she meant every word of it. She didn't care about her mother.

"What is it?" Bomi questioned sensing that something was eating at Chorong's thoughts.

"Nothing." Chorong affirmed, "Its just that, a year ago, I would never imagine that my life would be like this." She continued as a smile lifted itself onto her face. She moved her eyes towards her husband, a wave of excitement washed over her.

"You still haven't told him?" Bomi asked. Chorong nodded, she didn't know how to tell him. She had just returned, and things were so chaotic, she hadn't had the proper chance to talk to him.

"I don't know how?" She responded with nervous eyes. She wasn't sure how he was going to respond.

--

Naeun paced down the bar counter, looking at all the different bottles of drinks. Her fingers scanned each and everyone of them. Her shoes clicked against the floors as she looked around in amusement.

"What are you doing here?" A male questioned, catching her attention. She knew the voice instantly. Stopping in her tracks, she turned around to face him. A shock facial expression crossed his face upon realizing who she was. He quickly masked his shock away.

"So this is where you spend your time." She mused as a smile lifted itself onto her face. Her eyes, for once, weren't laced in that agonizing, drenching look that at his soul.

"I didn't know you would be here." He mumbled softly, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

"You didn't come see us when we returned, so I thought, why not come see you. Sunggyu-shi dropped me off." She replied, L made a mental note to himself to either punch and hug his hyung the next time he saw him. "I just wanted to say thank you.

She received a confused response from him. She sighed deeply, "Bomi unnie told us. She told us about everything you did, she told us how much you helped." She clarified.

"Anybody would had done what I did." He commented. He still hadn't comprehended the fact that Naeun was still here, standing before him.

"No." She murmured. "No, not everybody would had done what you done. Trust me, I know. Most people, they turn a blind eye and walk away. But not you L."

"It was nothi-"

"It was everything. For me it was everything." She cut in, her eyes fell onto the ground, as if too scare or ashamed to look at him now. "I have received more than a lifetime's worth of generosity from you, and I have no idea how I will ever repay you back."

"Naeun-ah," He mumbled stepping closer to the woman, "You don't owe me anything because I never asked for anything in return. Everything I did, was for you, your sister, and my friends."

"Then can I ask you for one more favor?" She questioned doubtfully, lifting her head up to look him in the eye. She had a excited smile on her face.

"What is it?" He asked softly admiring her beautiful smile. He had missed that smile of hers.

"You're still teaching me how to play the guitar right?" She asked eyeing the acoustic guitar across the room by the stage, laying by the space next to the speakers.

"If I have a student still willing to learn, yes."

--

"Stop it." Chorong warned as she burst into a fit of giggles. For the last hour or so she had been trying to cook dinner, and her husband wasn't helping. Woohyun brought his arms around her waist, resting his chin rest on her shoulder. He continued to draw butterfly kisses from her neck down to her shoulder.

"Woohyun, I can't concentrate." She noted as she tried to concentrate her attention to cooking.

"I just missed you. God, I missed you so much." He retorted as he nudged his nose in her hair, he was in love with her scent. He was addicted to it and couldn't get enough.

Though he couldn't see it, he knew that she was smiling. Her insides flutter in butterflies. He tighten his hold around her waist, never wanting to let her go. He wanted to hold on to her forever.

"You're suffocating me." She teased noting how tight his arms were wrapped around her. She felt him chuckle, his breath vibrating against her skin.

"God, you have no idea how much I love you." He mumbled softly, kissing her neck. Chorong bit her lower lip, quickly turning off the stove, not giving a damn if dinner was ready or not.

She turned around in his arms so she was facing him. Her eyes met his deep chocolate eyes, and she swore his eyes could drown her right there and then. She swallowed hard,

"Say that again." She pleaded lightly. She could see the smile lift up on his face as he moved his arms to the side of her waist. He pulled her up onto the counter next to the stove.

He stepped between her legs and leaned in towards her. He lifted her head up to meet his and pressed his lips against her into a chaste kiss.

"I love you." He repeated as he kissed her again, and again, and again. Her chest had tightened and every single nerve in her dance in glory. It was like she was drowning in Nam Woohyun and she willingly let herself fall into him.

"Woohyun, stop." She insisted pulling away from him. He locked eyes with her again and a frown appear when he got the nervousness in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked, worried lacing every word he spoke. Upon seeing his worry, Chorong felt a lump of nervousness overtaking her. She dropped her head down, refusing to look him in the eye. It was now or never, she said to herself.

"Chorong, what's wrong?" He repeated, his voice was more desperate now. He cuffed her cheek, loving the feeling of her porcelain skin.

"Hey, look at me." He instructed lifting her head up, but her eyes refused to meet with his. Woohyun hissed, scared and worried about her.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me." He pleaded, worriness was visible in his voice and face. She sighed. She never imagine it would be this difficult telling the man she loves she was carrying his child. But here she was, at a lost for words.

"Anyone home?" Sungyeol shouted, his voice echoing throughout the home. Footsteps approached, but Woohyun didn't bulge from his current position.

"Oh, am we interrupting?" Sungyeol questioned as he stepped into the kitchen and saw the two.

"We have guests." Chorong commented after a few seconds, pushing Woohyun away and standing up. "What are you doing here?" She asked just in time to see Hoya and Sungjong walk into the kitchen.

"We're here because I wanted to see your pretty face, noona." Sungjong replied with a bright smile causing Chorong to chuckle. The kid always did have his crazy remarks.

"But seriously, we're here because we're going to have dinner, all of us, together. I thought it would be a nice idea. I even invited Bomi, just don't tell Dongwoo hyung yet. Oh, and your sister is coming, she'll be arriving with L hyung." He explained as he pulled multiple grocery bags and set them down on the dining table.

Chorong could still feel Woohyun's intense stare on her, but she shrugged it off. She couldn't have this conversation with him now, not with everybody here.

"And who exactly will be cooking. You're not exactly the best chef around here." Chorong reminded. She remembered trying to teach Sungjong how to cook. The man could not make a decent meal to save his life. The microwave was his only friend.

"Well you of course." He answered nonchalantly. Chorong could hear Hoya and Sungyeol laughing by the entrance of the kitchen.

"You guys, I dont-" Woohyun started but was cut off when Sunggyu entered the scene. Along with him were two bottles of wine.

"I come baring gifts." He remarked. Chorong turned to her husband who held an expressionless facial expression. She sighed deeply, knowing that worry and fear was beginning to grow deep within him.

"Hello." A familiar female voice called out. In stepped Nam Jihyun, the woman Chorong was now deeply indebted to. Chorong felt a hiss of wind as Jihyun was quickly tackled down by the guys.

Chorong couldn't help but laugh when seeing the scene of Woohyun's previous noona be hugged all at once by all the guys. She looked like a little kid being carried away by the strong tides. It was similar to the scene of herself being tackle by the guys when she and Naeun returned.

"Okay, okay, enough. Get off my noona." Woohyun complained, prying the boys away from his sister who only laughed in return.

Chorong watched as the scene unfold. And silently to herself she wished that their baby could grow up in a world like this. She made a promise to herself at that moment that she would let do everything in her power to make sure their baby is brought up well with happiness and compassion.

--

The table were set and ready. After what felt like hours slaying in the kitchen, in reality it was only half a hour or so, dinner was ready.

Chorong sat next to Woohyun, his hand finding hers and tangling their fingers together. She could feel him squeeze her hand and knew he was worry about her. She had kept a look mask on, making sure none of the guys or Jihyun knew what was wrong.

On the other side of her was Naeun, who had arrived a few minutes ago with L. Chorong couldn't hide the smile that grew when she saw her sister laughing with L.

"Whose that?" Dongwoo asked when the doorbell rung. He thought that everyone that was supposed to be there was already there.

"Go get the door." Sungjong ordered as he arranged the plate setting, not content with Hoya's crappy plate setting skills. Dongwoo shrugged putting his fork and spoon down as he stood up to go get the door.

"Whose that?" Naeun asked quietly to her unnie. She kept her voice soft, yet the whole table apparently heard.

"Bomi." All the boys replied in unison. Naeun looked confused at first become it finally set in. The reason Sungjong told Dongwoo to go get the door was because Bomi was the one at the door.

"Oh." She mouthed before focusing her attention back to her food. Chorong caught L smile at her sister's gesture.

"This is delicious, Chorong." Jihyun praised as she ate. Chorong smiled at the compliment, though she herself had eaten any of it. Something about just smelling the food was upsetting her stomach.

"Wine, anyone?" Sunggyu asked, holding up the bottle of wine. Apparently the boys got bored while the food was cooking and decided to drink up ahead of dinner. "Chorong, did you want some?" He asked. Chorong could feel Naeun's worried eyes on her.

"No." She replied meekly with a smile. No one else caught onto the looks the two sisters were giving each other. Or, at least they thought no one did.

The attention was focused onto the figure that now stepped into the room. Bomi smiled kindly to everyone before she was pointed to her seat.

Dongwoo appeared half a minute later with a frown pasted on his face. He didn't say anything to anyone, he didn't look at anyone, aside from Bomi, who by now was in a conversation with Jihyun.

Chorong made a mental note to herself to ask Bomi later what happened. It was obvious something was bothering Dongwoo. It was even more obvious that Yoon Bomi was the cause of this discomfort.

Chorong felt her stomach twist and spin after she took a good bite of food. That upset feeling in her stomach grew.

"Excuse me for a second." She mumbled as she abruptly stood up and ran towards the closest bathroom leaving a room full of confused people.

She did hear Naeun insist that everything was fine. Chorong was just feeling sick. Apparently they brought it.

She didn't realized someone else had followed her. "Choro-" Naeun began but stopped. Chorong felt her sister pull her hair back as she kneel over the toilet.

"Morning sickness." Naeun stated, though it was dinner time. But then again, morning sickness didn't always occur in the morning.

"You didn't tell him did you?" Naeun mumbled softly after a minute of silence. Naeun, unlike the rest of them was able to pick up on Woohyun's attitude. She could already tell that something was eating him up, and she knew it was her sister who was doing it. Chorong could only pick up one thing from her sister's voice. Worry.

"I tried. But I couldn't." Chorong retorted. She didn't know why, she wanted to. She wanted to spill it out for him, but in front of him, she couldn't. She was scare, and she knew not telling him she would only make him worry more. She didn't want him to worry anymore. She was tired of hurting him.

"Is it because you're scare of how he could react?" Naeun asked softly.

"No...Yes...I don't." The response was clouded and contorted.

"He'll be happy. I'm sure of it. It'll be so happy he won't be able to contain his joy." That was her sister's response. She knew Naeun wasn't certain, but Naeun knew that she gave the response her sister wanted to hear.

--

Chorong felt tired out of her mind as she crashed into bed. She had a book in hand as she forced herself to read. Just because she was gone didn't mean Juri stopped giving her work. She was behind on the lessons, and she had to make up for it.

The whole night, she could tell Woohyun was trying to talk to her, or at least get her alone. But to his sad defeat, Naeun remained glued to her for the rest of the night. Only when Bomi left did Naeun. Naeun would now be staying with Bomi as her new room mate.

The guys were being the typical guys. Luckily no one asked any questions when she returned to eat. Chorong however, barely ate any of the dinner she cooked.

One by one, they all eventually left. Jihyun was the last to leave, but before she did, she pulled Chorong aside and whispered something to her, "Just tell my brother already." Chorong stared in shock as Jihyun gave her a small knowing smile before wishing her luck and leaving. Of course Jihyun would pick up on it fast.

Chorong yawned as she stared out the window for a second. She frowned upon realizing that the stars were no longer visible here in the city. The sky was a blank palette of deep midnight blue.

She felt the bed drip as Woohyun climbed into bed. She kept her stare focused on the blank sky, she missed seeing the stars.

"Would you like it if we go back?" He asked, nuzzling his face into the side of her neck. He watched as his wife's eyes look up to the blank sky. She didn't respond, but he knew she missed that quiet town.

Slowly a small smile appeared on his face. He turned her head to face him, bringing his lips to her forehead he kissed her before kissing the bridge of her nose, and her lips.

He then position himself in front of her stomach, kissing her stomach he mumbled, "You're such an idiot, beautiful."

Chorong's eyes widen in shock as she realized what he was doing. She could feel Woohyun smile against her stomach.

"I hope our baby loves looking at the stars as much as you." He whispered gently to her stomach.

Her arms flung up and brought his face up to meet hers. She stared at him with wide eyes as her jaw dropped, not being able to comprehend the current situation.

Woohyun grinned at his wife, leaning in and kissing her again. "You can blink anytime now." He teased biting her lower lip as he pushed her jaw closed. His eyes twinkled with mischief.

"How?" She mumbled in disbelief. Neither Bomi or her sister had said a thing, right? Did Jihyun tell him?

"Don't take me for a fool. You ran out of the room after one bite of food, you refused to drink wine, and I heard you talking to Naeun. Plus, my sister did give a hint or two before she left." He responded, running his fingers through her soft hair, loving the way her hair felt against his fingers. If they had a daughter he wanted her to have Chorong's hair.

"And?" Chorong questioned, she wanted to wait for his response, though this isn't how she pictured Woohyun finding out, it was also better than anything she had plan. It felt like their positions had been switched and he was the one with ball in his court and she was simply stunned.

"God, I love you so much. You make me so happy." He said softly, bringing her face towards him to lock lips with her again. Chorong smiled brightly at his response.

"I can't wait to be a father." He mumbled in between kisses.