.04

Crazy Fates

The early spring morning was filled with the sounds of birds chirping at the new blossoms in the universe. The sun was lit high and bright shining down its warmth to all humans underneath. The sun kissed Chorong's skin as her eye lids shuttered under the glow. The flowers were in high bloom as their colorful arrays of works filled each and every corner of the universe.
 
But sadly Chorong’s mood did not match the weather today. Woohyun had another one of his episodes earlier this morning after finding out she had given her cell phone number to Sungjong. The group of boys had visited them a few days ago and she had given Sungjong her number while the two were chatting in the kitchen. Woohyun found out, and just like typical Woohyun, he took her cell phone.  
 
She groaned inwardly, she didn’t want to be thinking of him today. Chorong looked up to the sky, the deep blue color was warm and comforting. A smile appeared on her face as she remembered why she was here.  
 
Soon she approached the door, sliding it open she was met with a bright smile. A young woman, around the same age as her smiled at her. Her large golden eyes were full of life, but they were also terribly tired and wary. The woman had porcelain white skin, chubby cheeks, and a button nose, along with shoulder length caramel hair.  
 
“Chorong unnie.” She called to Chorong when she saw her. Chorong smiled back.
 
“Hello Bomi.” She acknowledged. Yoon Bomi. The daughter of lawyers and doctors. She came from a rich and powerful family. A family that had trapped her and forced her to be the perfect puppet. She could see it in Bomi. The need for freedom, the need to fly free from chains and boundaries.  
 
Bomi was currently an intern here, she had left the family that had caged her for a new life. Seoul was her destination of freedom. Her aunt, the other black sheep of the family lived her.  
 
Chorong could see the wonders in Bomi’s eyes. Chorong could see what Bomi wanted. A home.  
 
There are seven billion people living on earth. All with different lives, different dreams and goals, different personalities and character. Some are running scare. Some are hiding in plain sight. Some are evil beings slowly learning the good in life. Some are lost souls wondering aimlessly. Seven billion people, all distinct from one another. Yet everyone wanted the same thing.  
 
A home. Somewhere to belong. Somewhere where you can find someone who loves you and love them back. Somewhere that you will feel protected and safe. A place to laugh and dream, to cry and learn. It was as simple as that. Yet it was so difficult to find.  
 
“I’m here to see-”
 
“Naeun. Of course.” Bomi finished for Chorong. Chorong was lead down a quiet hallway. She felt her heart leap in joy as they advanced to the far door to the left.   
 
Bomi pushed the door open, signaling Chorong to go in.

Stepping inside Chorong saw her sitting there. A book in her lap. Her eyes were tired and dark, they were laced in the memories of the past. She looked up making eye contract with Chorong and a smile appeared on her face. It was a weak smile, one that had been stomped on and bruised throughout the years, but it was enough. It was enough for Chorong.

“Chorong unnie.” She called towards her sister.

“Hello Naeun.” She Chorong responding smiling at her dear sweet sister.

--


“Seriously hyung. I don’t see the big deal. You make it sound like she’s Mudusa or something.” Sungjong whined. Sunggyu was sitting next to the two trying his best not to laugh at Woohyun for his own slow stupidity.

Dongwoo and Hoya were in the corner throwing darts. Sungyeol and Myungsoo were dealing with some other work.

Woohyun groaned, he didn’t want the guys around Chorong. That woman was a leech he wanted to be rid of. He wanted nothing to do with her. He wanted to be rid of her for good.

“Relax man.” Sunggyu cooed trying to calm Woohyun. Nam Woohyun didn’t lose his cool, Then again, Nam Woohyun was used to getting everything he wanted. Chorong however, didn’t fit in Woohyun’s world. She was a flame of fire as hot and fiery as Woohyun. The two of them together was like god against god. It was a battle for the ages when it came to the two. And the winner was yet to be determined.

“Leave me alone man, you’re annoying me.” Woohyun hissed to his hyung. Sunggyu smirked.

“Why are you letting something so small bother you?” Sunggyu questioned, though he knew why. Woohyun was being possessive, he just didn’t realize it.

“Are you mad she gave Sungjong her number, yet you don’t know it?” Sunggyu mused ticking Woohyun’s nerves.

“You’re annoying you know that.” Woohyun hissed.  

“Your wife’s pretty hot you know that.” Sunggyu commented knowing this will eat at Woohyun. Woohyun threw a murderous glare at Sunggyu who sat there with an amused smirk.

“Hyung is right. Chorong-shi is pretty.” Dongwoo commented, though he had his eyes for another lost girl.

Woohyun groaned standing from the stool and pacing over to where Hoya and Dongwoo were throwing darts. Grabbing a dart in Dongwoo’s hand, he threw it with the target with the most precise accuracy, hitting the bulls eye perfectly.

“It’s so obvious he’s jealous.” Sunggyu mumbled, and oddly enough, everyone but Woohyun heard those words.

--

Chorong closed the door behind. Her body felt worn out. She had no strength left in her.

"Where the hell were you?" Woohyun declared. He was sitting on the couch with the flat screen on, but he wasn't paying attention to what was on. His prime attention was on her. She growled. She didn't want to deal with his today. He was going to loop her up in another one of his useless arguments. She was tired and wanted nothing to do with the man. She began walking towards the staircase. She was going to go get some sleep. But Woohyun clearly didn't like her response. Or lack of response.

"God damn it woman, where the he'll were you." She demanded, now standing behind her. The gates of hell were opening behind him as fire rushed through the creaks as if there were a dragon on the other side, huffing and puffing, ready for war. It was fascinating, watching his entire body stiffen, observing the eclipse of his eyes which darkened his face entirely.

"I was out. Why the hell do you car?" She shot back. Her glared was venomously as the anger within her conquered her senses. Her eyes were filled with fire that could burn the world to ash. They were two fumes that could bring upon the end of the world if they ever declared war.

She turned around and was about to head up the steps when she was hit by the weight of a semi-truck. She was thrown back, her body slamming against the back corner wall. Chorong winced in pain and her eyes met up with stone cold, unreadable ones. Woohyun was pressed against her. His icy eyes penetrating hers. He scoffed as a light chuckled laced around his voice.

"Don't tell me you were fooling around with other men." He stated smugly bringing his fingers up to loop a strand of her dark caramel hair between his fingers. And that was what broke the damn. Maybe it was the sudden skin contract or the word usage, but what ever it was, she cracked.

She sent her palm soaring in the air with maximum speed letting her palm land on his flesh. He stumbled back a few steps, clearly taken back. His cheek was burning with an intolerable stinging sensation, he glared at her.

"Enough! Enough with you, with everything. Just stop it, stop it for once Woohyun!" She shouted in a livid stance. And for once those empty irises of hers were filled with something other than pure blackness. Her eyes held anger and frustration that soaked all the way down to her really core. And with that she ran. She ran up the stairs, her footsteps echoing with her. Woohyun stood there in defeat watching her descending figure disappear.

--

There was a part of him that was almost to scare to approach her. How was he to handle a situation like this. How was he to live with that look embedded into his mind. That look in her eyes, that dreadful broken down mess look he often saw looking back at him every time he looked in a mirror. Woohyun slowly opened the door, just barely cracking it.

The room was dimly light, just a desk lamp was left on. Chorong was tucked in bed, he assumed she must’ve fallen asleep the second she crashed. With soft feathery steps to walked over to her sleeping figure. While in front of her he kneel down so he was face to face with her.

Her eyes were closed, but her face was distorted and looked like she was in pain. He frowned, she never did look happy did she. She sighed gently, standing back up he whispered, “I’m sorry.” They were two short words. Simple words even. Yet to him, they were so difficult to say, so difficult to let fall off his lips.

As he began walking away, he was almost too sure he heard her respond, “Thank you.”