.14

Crazy Fates

Her head was a spinning jar of emotions laced to each other.

Chorong was neither scare or angry. Patient or eager. She had forced her body into a state of inhumane portions Chorong was drained of life. She slowly closed her eyes.

The AC was put on high, she was hoping the cool air could numb out the ranging pain exploding through her body. She hugged her knees with her arms, her head was hung low, her cheek glazing against her knees.

All these years of running and she was only put back to where she began. Her past was chasing after her. Hell, it was at her doorsteps waiting for her to consume her whole.

The only thing that she managed to process right now was Naeun. Naeun, what was she to do? 

He'll protect her. L promised he would. They will protect her. Bomi and L, they would protect her when he can't.

--

Why the hell was the AC on so high? Those were the only thoughts going through Woohyun's mind as he walked through the front door. He softly closed the front door. It felt like a ice cream cone in here.

Why the hell was Chorong thinking? Then he remembered he never knew what she was thinking. She was Chorong. 

He knew for a fact she had no tutoring classes that day, or for the rest of the week and a half. Juri noona was out of the country.

He walked slowly through the house, gradually making his way through towards the bedroom. As he entered his heart was lodged between his rib cage. As his whole body came to a sudden stop, and not because of the AC.

His eyes directly caught sight of her. Chorong. She was kneeled down in the corner of the room. Her porcelain skin was paper pale, and bruised. Cuts lingered her body and dark bruises scarred her soft skin.

Her head hung low, chin to her knees. Her long dark hair hung over her face, wet curls fell on her face. He took tentative steps to her. Panic spreading throughout his body. Each step questions filled his mind.

Each step, he grew more worry, as fear laced itself around every bone in his body. She didn't twitch a muscle. She didn't move and this only got him more worry. His heartbeat was sky rocketing and his throat was suddenly deprived of water.

He kneel down in front of her. "Chorong." He called to her. She didn't flinch, she didn't even move. "Chorong." He repeated shaking her softly. She was unconscious and he suddenly felt a wild emotion cross through his soul. It was fear laced with worry filled with curiosity and toppled with anger. He reached his arms out to touch her and only now did he realize she was burning up.

He moved his fingers to her face, pulling the strands of loose hair out of her face. A shallow cut lined her upper right cheek, a dry stream of blood lined her skin. A dark bruise was visible by her lips. She was bleeding, she was beaten.

God, what had she gotten herself into. "My god Chorong, wake up!" He shook her. She slowly lifted her eyes opened with what little strength she had, her head tilted up.

"What the hell happened to you?" Woohyun demanded. It was obvious he was scare, terrified actually. His voice, his eyes, his whole body spelled it in bold ink.

"Go away." She commanded. The words fell off her lips softly almost like she was struggling to form the words."

What the happened to you?" He repeated only to realize Chorong never answered any of his questions. The woman was too damn stubborn.

"I told you to go away." She ordered, this time it was more like a plead. She was begging him to leave her in the state she was in. Her blue lips were in a frown and her eye lids were droopy. Woohyun sighed.

it, he never listened to her in the past anyways. "What the hell are you doing?" She cursed as he pulled her into his chest, picking her up and carrying her onto the bed.

"Taking care of you stupid." He replied pulling he blanket over her small frame. She didn't bother answering back, her eyes had already fallen close as fatigue overtook her. He sighed inwardly, moving strands of hair away. What the hell happened to her? What was she hiding from him? How the hell was he supposed to break through to her when she was a one woman army ready to take on the Greeks?

"I'll protect you from whatever's after you. I promise." He whispered to her sleeping self.

--

Chorong was awaken to the closing door, a streaking pitched that echoed softly. She turned to move but hesitated when pain engulfed her body. She groaned deciding that staying still was the best option.

She move her fingers up to her face, a cold towel was placed upon her forehead, her cuts and bruises were tended to. She remember talking to Woohyun. She remember ordering her husband to leave her alone, through he never listened. Did he do this? Did he mend her wounds? Was he taking care of her? That wasn't like him. It wasn't like him at all.

At least not for her, for he was never gentle to her, for he never showed signs of caring. At least in the past he never did.

It was moment like this when he could make her leap off a bridge and still be content because she knew he would catch her.

It was moments like this when she could pull him close and stay forever.

It was moments like this when she didn't think negatively about him.

It was moments like this when she didn't think about anything else going on in life. Her past was a shady ghost of a reminder, nothing more.

It was moments like this where she was terrified. Terrified of him, terrified of the future and everything in it. Because he was going to be in it.

"Now can you tell me what he hell happened?" Woohyun's voice disturbed her intense thinking process as he forced her attention to turn to him. She was so lost in her own mind she hadn't realize he was standing there.

He was by the side of the bed, arms crossed, hair perfectly polished, his suit jacket hung over his shoulder and his dress shirt untuck and disheveled. His razor-like eyes sent rays of fire at her. It was a look she was far too familiar with.

"Why would I tell you anything?" She asked with a raised brow. Most of her strength had returned and she was almost back to her normal self. Back to being hard-headed, stubborn Chorong who puts up a fight with her husband at any possible chance.

"Just answer the question." He replied back. Something in his voice told her he didn't want to play games.

"Leave me alone." Chorong shot at him as she turned away from her. Her back turned towards him and her face towards the windows. The pain spread through her body but she focused all her strength not to show it.

"Chorong." He called to her. She swore she could feel her face deepening into a crimson red just at the mention of her name falling off his lips. "You know that I care right. I really do." He revealed.

She didn't reply. "I know I was a to you, and... Its just...I don't know how to do this. To do any of this. Its like trying to speak a foreign language without a hand book. I don't know how to." He complained. He sounded like a lost child who was trying to apologize but had no idea where to start. Hell, he was a lost child, and he was trying to apologize, and he really did have no idea where to start.

"What is this? You say you don't know how to do 'this', what exactly is this?" Chorong blurted out. Her voice was muffled in with the blanket, but he still heard her.

"This...this is our life. This is our marriage."

"Marriage? This is hardly a marriage. We signed our names on documents, that's all. This isn't a marriage. This is complete and utter madness." Chorong clarified. Her voice sounded like it was mocking them and their stupidity.

"Chorong." He called her name. His voice was like silk to her ears and she hated it right now. She could feel his weight adding onto the bed. She could feel the bed shifting, she could feel his presence behind her. She closed her eyes tightly.

"Chorong...I'm sorry." He muttered. His arm had already grabbed hold of her waist, his breath was soaking into her skin, mending all the pain from the bruises and cuts. He spoke those words she wanted to hear so much. Those words that took so long to form.

"Let go." She requested as she tried pulling away. Sadly, Woohyun had an iron grip.

"No." He mumbled like a child refusing to give up his toy. She sighed. He was being stubborn again. She tried moving away from him, "stop moving, you're hurt remember." He mumbled to her. Even without seeing his face she could tell his eyes were content and close.

"Let go of me then." Chorong ordered. Woohyun sighed, loosening his grip but still refusing to let her go.

"Can we start over?" Woohyun asked, he was pleading for her answer.

"Can we fix our relationship?"

"Why fix something that was never whole?" Chorong replied coldly. She was holding a gun to his heart and she was pulling the trigger, over and over again.

"Then at least tell me...tell me what happened to you?" Woohyun asked. No reply.

"Please Chorong." He begged. "And why do you care so much?" She asked dryly.

"Because I care about you." He answered bluntly. He wasn't lying either, she could tell. He really did care.

"Please don't." She pleaded.

"And why not?" He questioned gently. The woman was so stubborn at times. She reminded him even more of himself.

"People that I care about get hurt. I don't want you to get hurt." She begged in a weak tone as she relived all her memories. Memories that haunted her like shadows.

"I'll protect. I'll always protect you." He whispered. 

--

I know, short chapter. but I was having lots of Woorong feels. Plus I was feeling depress, and this is what you get when I'm depressed.