.01

Crazy Fates


Chorong growled as she inhaled the strong smell of pine cones and leather. Letting the scene filled her system she leaned back in her seat. Her eyes stared out as nature's purest beauty blazing by as the train continued on its scheduled tracks. The moonlight maneuvered through the blinds allowing her a clean look of the bright moon castings its shadows down. Chorong was most definitely in trouble. The simple word 'trouble' didn't even begin to wrap around what she had going on in her mind.
 
Exerting all of her energy, she reluctantly pulled out her phone. Just as she had assumed. Messages, phone calls, voice mails. All of them directed at her, for leaving. Each and every one of them had tried contracting her, all except one. Him.
 
All her emotions were combusted into a series of strings pulling and tugging on one another. Sooner or later, one of the strings would snapped clean, and cut loose her tucked up emotions. They would spill like blood seeking through her core and soul. But for now she was doing the one thing her body ordered her to. Run. Run. Run.
 
Run away from what or who? The answer was as conspicuous, oh how obvious it was. He was written all over her in clear black permanent ink, intact into her like a pesticide that wouldn't let go no matter how hard she tried. He was another side of her, another piece of her and without him she could never truly be whole.
 
She was so in love with him, too in love with him. She wanted the rain pouring outside the windows to wash their memories. She wanted the rain to wash away his name as well as him. She loved him so dearly. She hated him as much as she loved him. She wanted to be rid of him as much as she wanted to crash into his arms.
 
Her mind was a roller coaster with no end. Maybe it started that day. The day she said 'I Do'. That was the day it started. That was when she began to fall in love with him. She never regretted meeting him, falling for him, loving him through. She just couldn't.
 
Who would had thought it would be him? The person she loves the most would be the one who would cause her the most pain. She scoffed at the irony of that. Her life wasn't fair, but it lead her to him. It was crazy, they were crazy, their fates were crazy.
 
--
 
Their love was like flower petals falling, living in different branches, but falling together only to be separated at the last moment. Woohyun couldn't do anything but stared out as the rain set havoc onto the earth. A rage of anger suddenly erupted within him. Sending the glass cup in his arm across the room it shattered the moment it kissed the wall, breaking into a million pieces. Just like his heart.
 
He should had stopped her. Beg her to stay and apologize like a man. He didn't. Around Chorong he was anything but himself. Because Chorong knew him the best. She saw through every piece of him just like she did everybody else. While he remained a mystery to even himself, Chorong understood him like the back of her hand.
 
When and how did it start to go like this? He had a idea of where to start. After their marriage, after those dear sweet moments when all logic and common sense left his brain when she was around. He was addicted to her drug, she was the dealer that had complete control over him like no other. He knew of no gravitational limits when she was around, only that he loved her. He loved her to the point where it hurt.  He was the one who started it and would forever to punished for his curious tongue. He regretted asking. He should had been content to their fate. As crazy as they were he was foolish to step outside of them. Now he was being punish.
 
"Why can't you just tell me. What's the big secret." He snapped. Chorong's glare didn't lower, it did quite the opposite. Just like a switch light she was fuming with rage once again. At him, like always. This was their relationship. They were two forces that crashed like Titans.  The two of them would bring about the apocalypse and end all human existence as we know it.
 
"Why should I?" She retorted, her eyes sending daggers at him. That glint in his eyes returned. Prompting one step forward he stood right in front of her.
 
She didn't wait for a reply as she began muttering incoherent phrases knowing that this ticked him off in the worst possible way. Maybe she was doing this on purpose. She always did love seeing him throw a fit. Bewildered his outrage grew, he scooted forward towards Chorong to the point where there bodies were touching. They were two stubborn mules, either one refusing to back down. This was typical for them now.
 
"Cause I'm your husband." He retorted his chocolate eyes falling into her coffee eyes. She smirked causing his frown to deepen.
 
" you, Woohyun." She cursed turning on her heels walking away with no particular location or destination in mind. Away from him was all she wanted.
 
"You already did." His voice called over towards her. In record time she was standing face to face with him eyes glaring at him. Unreadable, angry,  guarded, like always.
 
"I hate you, you know that. You frustrate me like no other. You're senseless, careless, pathetic, stupid, incapable of ever understanding me or any part of me. I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! And Now! Now you want to break me down like a game, to study me and examine me. You want to understand me and my life.....I don't even know it, I can't even begin to understand it. So off, Woohyun." She cursed. She was a lioness ready to pounce and he was her prey. Vulnerable to her in so many ways he couldn't even begin to imagine how she would begin torturing him.
 
Woohyun growled falling into one of the leather chairs behind him. Combing his hands through his hand he just wanted to go back in time and change everything. Through he knew that was never possible. When he began asking the questions. She always shot back an excuse for him. She refused to open up on her life. No one else cared to answer his thoughts for him. So he began searching for them on his own. That was his worst mistake.
 
 
One year earlier.
 
A freight train was repeatedly slamming itself against her chest. The collisions were so unpalatable she could hardly hear her own thoughts. Her heart was a race horse aiming for the finish line. He had managed to tick her off once more. Like always.
 
No longer sporting that smug smirk he began slowly approaching her. "Say that again?" He threaten. Chorong knew her words were only adding oil to the fire, but she just couldn't help it.
 
"Why should I have to apologize? I see no reason for it. I accidentally broke a plate. If you want me to pay for it. Fine I will. No need to throw another fit" She replied. He scoffed. Who was she to speak to him like this. Nobody spoke to him like this.
 
"You're stubborn, Chorong." He finished exiting the house leading. Going to the clubs she assumed. It was always the clubs. She could tell by the way he would stumbled his way back into the house in the middle of the night. Never drunk through, through she always knew he was drinking. His breath reeked of the alcohol he consumed. Every now and than he would return with a pretty little thing for another late night entertainment show.
 
Those nights he filled his desires in one of the many guess rooms. Chorong was thankful for this. Sighing she reached down to pick up the broken shards of a once beautiful china plate. She hated it. Her life. She often questioned why she was doomed to this life. Why her? Of the seven billion other people walking amongst the world, why it had to be her?
 
The second she said "I do." She was doomed to him. Nam Woohyun was the handsome, rich, and the young successor to one of the largest companies in the country. Many girls would considered themselves lucky just to be in his presence. Chorong was clearly not one of them. Yet she was marry to him. For two weeks now. Their life had been a revolving case of useless arguments where either one backed down. They were the same, defiant, short-tempered, and menacing.
 
Marriage wasn't even in her plan of things to cross off on her to-do list. Working was her top priority. Chorong was working three jobs and managing school all at the same time. She needed the money. Unlike her husband who was born with a silver spoon, Chorong worked her off. Day and Night. Every single day since she was 16. Even before that she could do baby sitting jobs for the local neighbors around the neighborhood. She worked for everything she earned.
 
One day someone from her past showed up giving her the golden opportunity for something she didn't want, yet she also couldn't refuse it. She was dying slowly. Drowning into her own misery. It was going to be her death, yet she never grew tired.
 
It was a arranged marriage, between her and Nam Woohyun. She had no idea what so ever made him agree, but whatever reason it was, it didn't matter. They were still stuck together.
--
 
It was well past midnight. The moon seek through the closed curtains allowing a twinkle bit of the stars above to become visible to Chorong's eyes. Her eyes refused to close and fall into a deep slumber. She scooted closer towards her edge of the bed pulling the blankets along with her.
 
She was often amused with the skies. The vastness of them were a mystery to her, much like people. The secrets they held were waiting to be abused and revealed, rather they realized it or not. Much like her. Her secrets were tremendously overwhelmingly unbearable to anyone, but her. She hid them, hid them from her mind, body, heart, soul. They were dangerous. Dangerous because they were her story, her dairy. Her body shot up as the front door slammed shut. He made it obvious whenever he returned. It was so typical of him. Oblivious to him, Chorong was never a sleep when he returned. Why? Through she refused to admit it, it was him. She was waiting for him to return.
 
The bed rocked and the ground shook as the door opened. He was quieter than usual. Most of the time she would assume he was purposely trying to wake up from her sleep, through she was never actually sleeping.
 
The weight of the bed shifted as he climbed in bed. He was watching her. She could tell even with her back towards him. He was watching her cautiously. On nights like these she would typically ignore his presence, and continued with her pretending.
 
She slowly closed her eyes. She was stuck in this marriage, with him. In this life. It was her personal hell burying her alive. She wasn't content with it. But her feelings didn't mattered. They never did.