Chapter 2

Valiant Attempt

Chaptertwo

"Stupid Seohyun!" she grumbled and started working on the pile of articles. The salary given to her wasn't very much as she was not a yet a official staff working here. On top of the six dollars starbucks coffee everyday? It was ridiculous. 

On the other side of the office, Kai sighed in exasperation, he didn’t understand why would his father imposed such ridiculous order. Placing him under Seohyun’s care? He scoffed to himself as he placed his legs up onto the desk of his new office room, located beside Seohyun’s.

 

“You are going to go in and ask Mr Kim if he would like any assistance on my behalf understand?” Seohyun told Yoona whilst checking up on her progress in the midst of the day . “Mr Kim is an influential figure in the company, you must not do anything reckless to infuriate him for he is the son of the CEO of Kim enterprise, so it is only a matter of time when he becomes the boss.

Yoona nodded her head and went back to her work. She still had 5 more articles to edit and her eyes were getting tired from that. She will check on Mr Kim later.

Yoona sighed as she typed onto the computer. No, this isn't what she want. Despite being fortunate to even get a internship from a prestigious company right after graduation, it still wasn't what she had wanted. But every job had it's stepping stone, if she had managed to secure a place in this company and work hard, then maybe she can finally enjoy. Yoona knew that she had to appease the irritated boss of hers first. It was a wrong move, she'd realized to slam the receipt in front of her. She shouldn't have done that despite the ridiculous price of the coffee. She made a note to contain her own temper and to not let it get to her.

 

“Ms Im, I’ve got a new report for you to handle,” a black folder appeared onto her desk, interupting Yoona up from her work. She immediately jolted up and her eyes gleamed in excitement. Finally something interesting. “It’s a murder case which happened only yesterday. Investigations were only made recently and the police had not come into a conclusion for the death. We are fortunately given the access to this case before the official trial. Cover it- work with the police force and cover it before the others. “ Seohyun told her strictly.

She nodded her head excitedly and told Seohyun that she would do her best in it. She would only start with the case tomorrow or at least after she complete the task set for her now but she was so excited about it already. She opened the folder to start reading about the details before Seohyun came to interrupt her.

“Oh I’ve forgotten to mention to you that Mr Kim would assist you in this project. Despite the fact that both of you are new to this area, I’d still expect quality work.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Honestly Yoona, journalist? That’s stupid-“

“Oh so you mean you talk? I thought you became deaf-mute” she replied sharply to the dark figure behind her. She knew he was there, following her home again without fail.

“You don’t even like journalism, you shouldn’t had discontinued your studies,”

“Stop it Luhan, you knew why and- oh my god why am I even talking to you?” she quickened her pace, trying to get away from him. But Luhan only chuckled and quickened his pace along with her.

She was childish he knew but that didn’t matter because that was one of the traits he loved so much about her. In this hectic society, innocence is being lost so rapidly that it was hard to find such simple-minded people anymore. People that tries to see life in every positive way possible despite it’s many flaws contradicting. It was almost rare to find people like these anymore.

He sighed and tried to approach her again, “Yoona…quit your job.”

Yoona ignored him and continued walking, quickening her pace again till it was almost like a run. Luhan groaned and grabbed her arms and turned her around, “Quit your darn journalist job and continue your studies. I’ll provide for you, your housing, your fees, your debt. You can lean on me Yoona and you only have to say.”

“No! Cut your bull Luhan. Just because you are rich doesn’t mean you can just buy me over with it. It’s almost disgusting, I didn’t know that you had such gruesome trait in you.”

However he was not fazed by her harshed words but only gripped her arms even tighter causing the weak women in his arms to struggle more violently. “Luhan- let me go!”

“I’m not buying you over Yoona, I love you and you know I only do that for love,” he said the word endearing and truthfully with upmost sincere in his voice.

“Yeah, but I don’t Luhan. We are over, get that fact right. I’m not yours anymore and you can’t just grab me like that. You can’t just talk to me like that because we are not even on freaking talking terms! I’m trying me best to forget you so please stop following me, stop whatever you are doing right now you freaking disgusting stalker-“

He let her go, almost too roughly, causing her to stumble back, and stared into her soft brown eyes with his own piercings, furious brown eyes. He had heard those words countless of time and despite the repetition it still hit him hard like the first.

Yoona took the opportunity to run away from him, before she does something foolish, like to kiss him back.

(a/n) YAY an update! So in this update we can learn more about the three mains and Seohyun of course! Seohyun is not the evil/bad person here. She in fact isn't a mean person. She is just strict and two-faced which makes it seem like she is evil, but she is not. Oh and you can tell that she likes Kai a lot, but Kai didn't like her back :(. There isn't much to interpret about kai/yoonkai yet, it would be more on the later part of the story. But Luyoon, Luyoon is intense. They love each other but Yoona doesn't want to be together, because of something? It would be unraveled at the later part of the story. You can tell from this chapter that Yoona is a childish character, the words she says had a hint of immaturity but deep inside she knows how to tell apart from the right and the wrong. She, just like a child just need someone to steer her. Luhan on the other hand, despite being calm most of the time can be really impulsive when someone or something important, lets just say when Yoona infuriated him. Other than that he is a calm and rational guy, but because of the break up that he had refused to believe in cause him to stalked Yoona, to have a obsessive behaviour towards her. So Luhan, you can say lived in a fictional world, he refused to accept the break up, and despite Yoona countless of time reminding him that they broke up, he still shut the idea out. Luhan is stubborn like that.

I hope that you'd liked the story so far, 19 SUBSCRIBERS OMG THANKYOU SO MUCH I SERIOUSLY LOVE ALL OF YOU!