Chapter 9

Valiant Attempt

 

Chapternine

 

“We’re late, hurry up!” Yoona grabbed onto Kai’s hands and led him into the hospital. They quickly made their way up to the 5th floor and proceeded to the room where the victim laid.

There were a few policemen outside, but after verifying both of their identities as reporters, they allowed them to enter.

However the conversation inside cause Yoona to halt and listen.

“It’s not like I died mom-“

“You almost. And I don’t care we are going to sue her.”

“Her injuries are far more serious compared to mine. I’m just suffering from broken limbs- it’s nothing Mom we don’t have to complicate this any further.”

“She deserves all the injuries she is suffering right now. Her recklessness should be punished. Just because you love her doesn’t mean you can just let her off like that. I don’t care Sungmin, we are going to sue her and get her to compensate us. It would be the best if we put her in jail.” There was a grim tone set in it.

“Mom! Stop meddling with my business! I say we don’t pursue this matter anymore!”

A loud clicking sound made by a pair of high heels was heard and the door swung open, startling the two reporters standing outside.

“Excuse me?” A lady that looked as if she was in her mid 40s stood by the doorway. She was clad with branded clothes and accessories and a wave of expensive perfume diffused into their noses. Her face was thick with make up but the one thing that stood out were her bright red lips that formed a grim line.

“Good afternoon Madam we are reporters from the Kim daily newspaper and would like to interview Lee Sungmin about the Ferrari accident that happened yesterday.” She quickly composed herself and plastered on her best smile.

The lady scrutinized her before strutting past her, leaving Yoona looking like a fool there, smiling to the air.

But she put aside her irritated feelings and entered the room.

“Hello is this Mr Lee Sungmin?” she entered the room cautiously with Kai trailing behind her.

It was a spacious bedroom, with a bed, toilet and some sofa by the corner. There were fresh flowers on the table beside the bed and the walls hung a few paintings. A flat screen television set on the wall in front of the bed and the patient lying on the bed was staring at it despite the fact that it wasn’t switched on.

“Good afternoon, I presumed that you are Lee Sungmin? I’m Im Yoona and this is Kim Jongin, we are the reporters from the Kim daily newspaper and would like to interview you-“

“I don’t want an interview.” Sungmin interrupted her, his eyes however still not leaving the dark screen.

Yoona took a deep breath and approached him again. “It will only take a short while, you just have to answer the following simple-“

“The whole accident is my fault, if I had not chase Sunny, she wouldn’t speed in her Ferrari. I should be the one being sued and not Sunny. The reports were all lies.” He said gravely interrupting her again.

She walked towards him again, this time dragging along a green chair that was at the corner of the room and sat on it after put it beside his bed. She took out her note pad that had the questions she wanted to ask him scrawled messily- due to the rush and a pen to jot down whatever he was saying.

“Alright Sungmin, can you just tell us a brief summary about your relationship with Sunny?” she asked carefully again.

“Does it matter?” Sungmin shot her a distressed look, his eyes finally leaving the screen. “If I tell you how much she meant to me, will the public not condemn her?”

Yoona smiled, hoping that he could to calm him. She paused for a short while before continuing. “Do you know the reason why Sunny was speeding way past the speed limit in the area?” she tried a different question this time.

Does it matter?” he emphasized every single word. “She sped because of me, I’m the reason why.” He curled his fingers into fists and stared at the television again.

“The press and the reporters are going to write articles and articles condemning Sunny when it’s not her fault. But you guys don’t care because you guys don’t know.” He spat out and turned his head to stare at Yoona.

His eyes this time were filled with anger and disgust.

“I love Sunny and I’m going to protect her from anyone that would ever hurt her”

He looked slightly deranged and his voice laced with venom. She felt Kai’s hand on her shoulders and she quickly stood up.

“Thank you for time Sungmin. We hope that you would have a speedy recovery.” She tried to put on a smile but it turned out looking more like a grimace instead.

“Tell that to Sunny,” he uttered before both of the figures left the room.

 

“Crazy mental man,” she complained and brought out her hand sanitizer.

Kai chuckled a little, “Judgmental little prick, “

Yoona shot him a warning whilst rubbing her hands together after squirting some of the liquid from her hand sanitizer out. “I’m the only one doing the freaking interview and I don’t care you are going to write out the whole article!” and strutted off.

Honestly she was a little traumatized by the possessive behavior made by Sungmin because it had reminded her a lot like someone she used to know.               Xi Luhan

But she pushed that thought away, and busied herself with work for the whole day. She interviewed the doctors in charge of the victim and the police as well. She couldn’t interview Sunny as she was still unconscious. But despite running around all day with a smile plastered on her face at the back of the mind a question was constantly probing at the back of her head.

It was not until she finally bid her almost non-existent partner Kai whom she made to promise to type out the article by tomorrow himself goodbye and walked the familiar route home at night before she actually let the question get her.

It wasn’t her exhaustion nor the fact that she finally let herself take a break from all the interviewing and speed jotting that triggered the question back, but it was the presence she felt- yet again lurking behind her.

Not again, she thought. Although he had been doing this for almost 3 months already, every single night she still felt uncomfortable. Yes she was used to it but she still felt that this isn't right.

He should move on.

And the question that probed her mind the whole day like a annoying thumping beat of a heart escalated.

Did I make the right decision?

 

(A/N) I know that some of you want more Luyoon, but not this chapter yet. The next chapter would probably be about the past- the reason why Yoona break it off with Luhan. Some of your questions will be answered and yes there will be Luyoon in the next chap, angsty ones. 

Thank you for all the comments and subscribers so far! Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. :D