Chapter 8

Valiant Attempt

Chaptereight

 

Sehun and Luhan entered a brightly coloured fastfood outlet. There were people eating food despite the fact that it was already past breakfast time. The outlet was small and cosy and it gave off a very warm and welcoming feel. Both of them proceeded to one of the cashier.

“Good morning, I’m Oh Sehun and this is Xi Luhan, may I ask if your manager is around?” Sehun asked the doe eyed female standing behind the cashier. She shyly pointed at the back and asked them to wait a while whilst she went in to call the manager.

“May I help you?” a stern looking women walked out behind the cashier and proceed towards the two patiently waiting men.

“I’m Oh Sehun and this is Xi Luhan. We are from the Seoul Police Investigation Force and we are here to ask you a few questions about your ex-and deceased employee Amber Liu. Do you perhaps have anywhere quiet to go to?”

The woman stared at both of them for a while before speaking, “You two can follow me to the back, there is nothing much I can help though.” She led them both to the back of the restaurant.

 

“What was Amber’s personality like when she was working?” Sehun immediately asked after the three of them settled down at the back.

“Oh Amber’s a social butterfly. She interacted with every single one of her colleagues and even with some of the customers. Everyone loved her. It was a pity that we lost a good worker here.” She sounded a little graved.

“For the past month before she had committed suicide, were there any strange or unusual things that Amber did?” he asked again whilst Luhan took down all his observation in his notepad.

“Two days before she committed suicide, she came to work looking a little down. But it was raining then so all of us thought that it was the weather that had affected her. After all Amber hated the rain very much.” She pondered for a little while longer, “her mood was really down for the whole day. Some of her friends tried to talk to her but it was futile. She refuses to tell them anything. We thought that it was probably something that had happened at home. We let her be, Amber had her fair share of depressed days. And we thought that that was just one of the days.”

“Was her condition better the next day?” he continued asking, eyes never leaving her.

“No. She looked even more down. She had dark eye circles and she looked sick. We insisted that she take a leave and go home to rest. She took our advice and went home. That was the last time I see her.”

Luhan nodded, “That’s about it. You don’t know what had caused her to feel that way?”

“No.” she said, “She refused to tell anyone anything.”

“Alright thank you for your cooperation. We apologized for any inconvenience caused.” Sehun smiled and shook her hand.

“It’s fine, you know the way out right? I shall not send you off,” she briskly turned away.

Luhan chuckled, “She looked major pissed.” Sehun nodded and smiled. They had a path to go to now, and they only need to find out who made Amber so depressed during the two days. He thought carefully as both of them walked out.

“Excuse me,” a meek voice called out, causing them to halt their step.

The doe-eyed cashier walked towards them and bowed. “Are you both here regarding to Amber’s case?”

Luhan ears peaked with interest, “Yes we are. Why?”

“I’m not sure if I should tell you this,” she fumbled with her fingers and took a deep breath before continuing. “It’s something that had been bothering me for quite a while already. I know the reason why Amber was depressed.” She lightly combed her hair with her fingers and looked down. “Amber and Luna had a fight. It was really bad I heard. Their friendship was at stake and Amber was stressed about it.”

Bingo.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Are you done? I need to send the article for printing,” Yoona tapped her fingers on the cold glass table impatiently.

“Why not you try and type this whole article out?” Kai rolled his eyes and quicken his typing pace. She groaned in frustration and ran her fingers through her hair. The article was already past the deadline and she was certain that Seohyun would definitely lash at her tardiness- not that it was her fault anyway.

“Quickly alright. We still have to leave for the interview with the victim of the Ferrari car accident yesterday.”

Kai quickly saved the article that he had finished typing into his thumbdrive and passed it to her. She snatched it from his hand and started sprinting to the printing room. “Oh, meet me at the lobby in 3 minutes, bring my bag along please!” she said before racing off again.

(a/n) So is Luna suspicious? 

I'm working on a Chanyeol/ Baekyeol one-shot and I hope that you guys can support me<3

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/266625/third-string-chanyeol-baekyeol

I lost a few subscribers after the revamp though. Was the revamp really that bad? I'm feeling a little down now :( But it's alright, I'll still continue to update :). I'm much more confident after the revamp. I still hope that you guys will still support me <3