Chapter 5

Valiant Attempt

chapterfive.

As Yoona walked the familiar route back home after a long day of work, she felt a presence lurking behind her, even with her sleepy self.

“Hi Luhan,” she murmured. Luhan raised his eyebrows; he was shock that she had greeted him despite the fact that she had been ignoring him for the past…few months. “How was your day?” he said as he suddenly appeared beside her. “Oh, fine it was fun, what about yours? “ she asked as her eyelids threatened to fall any moment. “The same old, what did you do?” he asked, not wanting to end the conversation or to converse with her about something regarding himself. He was after all more interested in her. “Something fun.” She replied when she reached her doorstep and retrieve her keys in her bag. He frowned at the vocab that she had provided him, he was hoping that she would say something more specifically, what kind of fun? Shopping? Reading? -

 

“Goodnight Luhan,” she unlocked the door and entered the house, but not before yawning. She did not know why she had suddenly decide to converse with him, maybe because she was too tired to actually realized that they are not suppose to be talking. But Yoona can be unpredictable like that.

Luhan smiled at the sleepy retreating figure as he step back to ensure that she had entered her room. “Good night, sleep well.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

She arrived at work early the next day, her hands holding on to a cup of steaming hot expresso. She placed the cup on Seohyun's desk before going to hers. "Miss Im," Seohyun called her as she was leaving. "The report that both Mr Kim and you are suppose to work together. How's the progress? I'd expect some movement in it. There is a deadline." Yoona nodded, "We are workng on it Ms Seo. However we have no rights to rush the detectives as they have to solve the case first. How do we publish a unsolved case as a article?" 

Despite knowing that she should control her temper, she just had to make this rebut. Seohyun pursed her lips and handed her the black folder she was holding. "Then work on another report with Mr Kim since the current one is making such slow progress."

 

"Okay so small eyes Seohyun wants us to work on another report," she entered Kai's office, slightly huffed and pissed at the extra work load given to her. 

"Your eyes aren't that big either," he commented back. He had his legs up on desk and he was proof reading the article he was supposed to write.

"Are you on evil Seohyun's side or your super nice and hardworking partner for two freaking reports side?" she complained and dropped the black file in front of him on the desk.

"None," he replied, slightly amused by her un-contained temper. She was a lot like D.O, both had temper issues and D.O liked to critique the size of other people's eyes as well. Despite the fact that the similarity between both of them made his heart lurched a little, it was comforting because her presence reminding him of D.O's presence. And his presence reminded him of the time when he was alive and his life was so much better-  less stressful, less pressure a whole lot better compared to now.

And that warmed his heart up a little.

 

 

(a/n) OMG I'm so happy, my physics test is postponed till next week! So I'm only going to haave my chinese test tomorrow and chinese is easy, I'll just revise later~ That explains why I am able to give y'all an update! Going to start writing my oneshot now (if you haven't check it out go check it out!!!!!!) so hopefully I can finish writing by today.