Chapter 7

Valiant Attempt

(a/n) Yes I've changed the title because my previous title is too....it has no depth hahaha. Anyway i hope that y'all won't get too affected by it.

 

chapterseven

 

“Sorry that I have to call you back,“ Seohyun place a green folder on Kai’s desk. "It’s just I need both of your help, the two reporters which are suppose to finish this report fell sick. Yes, at the same time and this article is going to be published tomorrow.” She pressed her fingers at her nose bridge and heaved out a distressed sigh. “Okay, Jongin and I will complete it as soon as possible,” Yoona replied as cheerfully as she could force it out.

“Alright,” she pursed her lips, “I’m giving both of you 2 hours. All the information should be in the folder. I’m coming back to check, do not slack. And that includes you Kai,” with that, she hastily exit the office.

'Small eyes Seohyun, do you see the size of her eyes? They are so small and evil like green disgusting midgets, waiting for the right moment to throw us a whole load of work." she gasped dramatically, using her hand gestures to describe how evil Seohyun was.

"But this report isn't too hard, most of the informations are already given." Kai looked through the report and conveniently ignored the her rant.

"Right, what is it about?" she sat on the chair opposite him. 

"Floods in Thailand. We've got some interview from the people that experienced the flood. Just have to put that in and I think the report should be done. We can continue with our other report later, the one about the food poisoning case. I'll type." he offered as he switched on the computer. "Oh what about the case on the murder case, was is solved?" he asked, eyes still on the computer screen.

"Nope no email or anything yet. Maybe we should pester them? Like loan sharks so that they'll quicken their pace in solving the case?" She joked. She was happy that Kai had finally opened up and work together with her.

Maybe he isn't so bad afterall.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yoona walked home sleeply, her eyes almost drooping. It was late, she was working over time again and she was tired- if not exhausted from working over time three days in a row. Curse that tiny-non existent eyes of Seohyun.

“Yoona” Luhan appeared next to her-much to her irritation. He waited for her reply like the other day whilst keeping up with her pace. “Don’t ignore me.” He pleaded, trying to get some reaction out of her. What happened today? Why isn’t she responsive like the other day?

“Yoona-“ he tried once again, this time holding onto her wrist to stop her from walking and turned her slightly to face him. “What’s wrong?” He can sense that something's wrong, maybe she's tired but he wanted to find out why.

She looked up to meet his gaze. His eyes were filled with concerned and sincerity-which was all wrong. He was not suppose to be concern. She’d rather him be angry and hostile then feel such endearing emotion towards her. They were not suppose to be in love.

“Let go of me.” She ordered, staring back into his warm brown eyes, trying very hard to collapse under his gaze. And the fact that she's tired wasn't helping

“No, not until you tell me what’s wrong.” He took a step closer to her. They are so close now, nose almost touching.

“You have no rights to know. We are not related in anyway” she made an attempt to look as if she’s not afraid of him, but it’s futile.

Luhan smiled, he saw through it all of that, the useless but adorable attempt to hide her nervousness. Even after all the years, he still had the ability to do that.

His smile was all fox, but softer. Something behind Yoona’s naval danced and coiled lower.

“Please step back.” She ordered.

He did not, instead he went closer. There’s hardly any space left between them, just a thin boundary of air, but even that he managed to eliminate it. He looked at her lips, her soft pink lips that he had longed for quite a while. Without thinking, he plunged into it.

Yoona tried, she honestly tried to break away, but the moment his lips touched hers, a jolt of yearning shot into her body. It was as if she’s floating. The sense of familiarity that lips was giving squeezed her heart. And it only reminded her of the days that she was truly happy.

Luhan broke away from the kiss, trying to catch his breath and if he had the choice, he would not break away from the kiss. But he was human, and he inwardly damned that fact.

Deep in the recesses of consciousness Yoona knew that she had to take the chance to push away, before it’s too late. “What the hell is wrong with you?” she pushed him away with all her might.

There were tears in her eyes despite the fact she tried to stop them from coming. “We are over you’re not suppose to kiss me like that. Which part of over do you not understand? Is your idiocy eating you alive?” she hastily walked away, wiping the tears away from her eyes.

She wanted to scream so badly in frustration when she felt a sharp grip on her wrist stopping her from leaving again.

“You can’t just say that it’s over and it’s over. Life does not work like that.” He sternly told her. He need to get that idea in her head she needs to know that love was not that easy.

“Forget me Luhan, I’m not worthy-“

“You can’t just ask me to forget you. Life does not work like that.” He roared. He was infuriated by the lack of cooperation from her. She must understand.

Yoona was stunned by his uproar and the tears were leaking out of her eyes again, much to her dismay.

Luhan softened immediately, seeing her tears and started wiping them off. His warm fingers gently rubbed her cold tear-stained face.

“I-I’m tired.” She muttered.

“Of course you are.”

She didn’t bothered to fight back because in this game, she had already lost.

She turned around and walked home, this time without Luhan following her. He had decided to leave her to be. It was a rough day for her, and the fact that she looked so vulnerable broke his heart.

Tears flowed down her face, she was crying, not because she was irritated, annoyed or angry by the encounter.

But because she actually yearned for more, and that encounter had opened the sense of longing for his presence which she had tried so hard to shut it before.

 

(A/n) This is what happens when you put two stubborn people together LOL. Do you see how Luhan's also giving in to her, he loved her maybe a bit too much, but hey love has no limit, doesn't it? And Yoona, she's stubborn and only see things the way she sees it sometimes. She's a person that sees things positively and easily but not Luhan. That is why they are contradicting so much now. And you can tell that they both still love each other. Luhan knows that Yoona still loves him. Yoona herself knows that she still love him but yet she's avoiding that fact. Both of them are similar yet different in a way don't you agree? Luhan lives in a fictional world where he's truly obsessed over Yoona and if he had let go of her, then things would not be this way. Whereas Yoona escapes reality. She loves him but refused to admit it, thinking that if she just live in denial then maybe reality will go away. However if she did not deny her feelings, then the ending will be different already right? But no, because if that was the case then there will be no drama and as a evil author I'm going to make it angsty (hehe)

Now for Kai and Yoona, it's actually less complicated. Yes Kai had opened up to Yoona, mainly because of the resemblance in character between Yoona and his deceased best friend D.O. You can see from the previous chapters that Kai is emotionally sttached to D.O(don't worry he's not gay or bi, I don't like . Purely friendship only)

Anyway I hope I haven't make the story complicated with my author's notes. And I also hope that you'd enjoyed reading this chapter. The next chapter will probably be more about the past and i think that chapter might answer some of your questions on why Luhan and Yoona are acting like that.

Thankyou for subscribing and commenting<3