Life Without My Best Friend (Hyosung's Version) Part Two

SHOCKED!!!!

[ The Next Day ]

Hyosung wakes up and lifts her head up. Jaejoon's head fell onto her left shoulder. Hyosung pushed his head back so it can hit the wall. Hyosung looks outside, it was sunny. Hyosung finally gets up and took one of the dog pillows and placed it under Jaejoon's head. Hyosung tries opening the door, but she couldn't. So she went back to sit down across from Jaejoon. Hyosung curls up in a ball and tilts her head to look at Jaejoon sleep.

Hyosung: I wonder what time it is..

Hyosung recalls what had happened last night and she began to smile.

Jaejoon: (wakes up) Hyosung-ah! (gets up) Oh, there you are. (wipes eyes)

Hyosung: Of course I'm here.

Jaejoon: I had a bad dream just now.

Hyosung: What did you dream about?

Jaejoon: I'm not gonna tell you.

Hyosung: Why?

Jaejoon: Because it isn't pleasant to hear. Now let's try to get out of here.

Hyosung: How? I already tried.

Jaejoon: Well, let's try again.

Hyosung: Fine!

Hyosung stomps to the door and tries to pull it, Jaejoon comes behind her and pulls it back also. While they tried to pull,someone pushes the door open, causing Hyosung to fall on top of Jaejoon. It was Dr. Kang.

Dr. Kang: Jaejoonie? Hyosung?

Jaejoon: Grandpa?

Hyosung: Dr. Kang?

Hyosung and Jaejoon looks at each other and gets up from the floor.

Jaejoon: Grandpa, when'd you get here?

Dr. Kang: I got here a few minutes ago. Did you guys not go home?

Hyosung: We couldn't because there were no keys.

Jaejoon lips to his grandfather, "Please lie."

Dr. Kang: Oh, I see.

Hyosung: So we were stuck here. I hope you don't mind us using up all these stuff. I mean, they're all wet and useless now.

Dr. Kang: It's okay. We were going to throw them away anyways. (looks at Hyosung's hands) What happened?

Hyosung: It's just---

Jaejoon: I caused it to happen, grandpa.

Dr. Kang: Why? You're suppose to keep her safe.

Jaejoon: I did. I saved her.

Hyosung: Yes he did, Dr. Kang. He took care of me last night.

Dr. Kang: (surprised) Oh? (eyes widened) I see. Well, Hyosung, you can just go home and rest today then.

Hyosung: Really?

Dr. Kang nods. Hyosung bows her head and left.

Jaejoon: Grandpa, I'm leaving too.

Dr. Kang: No, you aren't. It's super dirty in here. So you have to clean everything up and throw them away and after that you have to take out all the shelves in here out too and you have to mop this room.

Jaejoon: Why?

Dr. Kang: Because, you told me you wanted to work here, so I'm giving you this room.

Jaejoon: But I was---

Dr. Kang: (shh motion) Be quiet. Get to work. After you're done, you will have filing to do.

Jaejoon: I thought that was Hyosung's job.

Dr. Kang: Well, she isn't going to be here today, so you do it for her.

Jaejoon: But--

Dr. Kang: Are you not willing to?

Jaejoon: Never mind, grandpa, lemme just go see Hyosung off first.

Jaejoon walks out the front door, Hyosung was already gone. Jaejoon goes back inside and bumps into Hyosung.

Hyosung: Ah! Hey, watch where you're going.

Jaejoon: Hyosung, are you still tired?
Hyosung: (nods) Yeah, why?

Jaejoon: Oh nothing, you just go home and rest.

Hyosung: (nods and gives Jaejoon a weird look) Okay. Bye.

Jaejoon: Bye.

Hyosung walks off, but comes back and stops right in front of Jaejoon smiling.

Jaejoon: What?

Hyosung smiles and gives Jaejoon a hug and left without saying anything.

Jaejoon: (smiles, then yells) I know you're falling for me.

Hyosung: (yells back) That was just a thank you hug! Don't get me wrong.

Jaejoon: That little girl. (smiles)

Dr. Kang: (clears throat) She isn't that little...

Jaejoon got scared and jumps.

Jaejoon: Grandpa, how long was you there?

Dr. Kang: Not too long ago.

Jaejoon: Well, did you see or hear anything?
Dr. Kang: Do you think I'm deaf and blind now? (groans) Mean grandson.

Jaejoon: I'm just saying, but really?

Dr. Kang: I'll answer you if you can answer me.

Jaejoon: (raises eyebrows) What?

Dr. Kang: When are you guys gonna get marry? I can't get any younger.

Jaejoon just gives Dr. Kang a smile and puts his arm over his grandpa's shoulders and walks in the vet again. That day, Jaejoon cleans up the small room all by himself. He was done cleaning it by 2pm, so he wanted to go home.

Jaejoon: Grandpa, I'm leaving now.

Dr. Kang: Why? You still have to do some filing.

Jaejoon: No. I'll only file if Hyosung's there.

Dr. Kang: Too bad, go right now.

Jaejoon pouts and goes back to his office with loads of folders. Jaejoon puts the folders on the floor since he has no desk yet, he lays it out on the floor. Jaejoon then gets up and went to Dr. Kang's office to get his phone charger from there where he forgot he had one at the vet for safety. Jaejoon charges his phone in his office. As Jaejoon began to file, his phone rang, he had a text. Jaejoon checks it, it was a random number he has never seen before.

Text: Jaejoonie?

Jaejoon texts back. "Who are you?" The texter texts back, "You're only friend." Jaejoon gets confused and wander if his good friend Jungsoo had a new number again. So Jaejoon texts back, "Hey, punk, new number again? I'm tired of adding you." The texter texts back, "Jaejoonie is an idiot, really... But no. Not Jungsoo." Jaejoon gets really anxious to see who it was. Jaejoon and the texter kept texting each other back and forth fighting and seeing who the texter was, so Jaejoon gives up texting and decided to call the texter.

Jaejoon: Hello!!? (yells)

Texter: (super high pitched voice) Idiot Jaejoonie!!!

Jaejoon: Who's this?

Texter: (low voice) You're the one who called me.

Jaejoon: (thinking) I think I know who you might be...

Texter: (high voice) Who?

Jaejoon: Little Hyosungie.

Texter: Wh...Wh... What!!?

Jaejoon: (smiles) I knew it was you! Only a dumb person would keep arguing.

Hyosung: Ugh, you're so mean. I was trying to keep you company, but it seems like you don't my company, so bye!

Hyosung hung up even before Jaejoon could say anything. Jaejoon smirks and let down his phone.

Jaejoon: How in the world did she get my number?

Jaejoon continues to file. As he was done with a chunk load, he decided to call Hyosung back.

Jaejoon: Hyosung-ah?

Hyosung doesn't answer him, although she picks up.

Jaejoon: Hyosungie?

Hyosung remains quiet.

Jaejoon: Hyosung?

Hyosung: (tired voice) What do you want?

Jaejoon: Are you sleeping?

Hyosung: Yeah.

Jaejoon: Wah, I didn't take that long to call back did I?

Hyosung: I don't know, but it's only 4pm and I'm dead tired.

Jaejoon: Go to sleep then.

Hyosung: Well, don't call me then.

Jaejoon: Fine, I was just gonna hang up.

Hyosung: Wait...

Jaejoon: What?

Hyosung: Sing me a song and then hang up. I need music to sleep.

Jaejoon: Liar, you slept fine last night.

Hyosung: That was only because I heard the loud snores from you and the sound of rain.

Jaejoon: Tsk. Fine. What do you want me to sing?

Hyosung: Anything would do...

Jaejoon began to sing the "Three Bears" song. Hyosung smiles and fell asleep. Jaejoon stops singing as he heard Hyosung's breathing.

Jaejoon: Sleep well, Hyosung. (hangs up)

[ The Next Day ]

Hyosung comes in the next day, she did what she does daily, get everyone's mail and sort them out and she began to file right away. Dr. Kang runs into Hyosung.

Hyosung: Oh, hello, Dr. Kang.

Dr. Kang: Hyosung, I know you've been doing a lot of filing only so I had hire you a real boss who can keep you up to date on filing. And that person will too help you file and help you through volunteering here. Okay?

Hyosung: Who?

Jaejoon: Me!

Jaejoon pops out of no where.

Hyosung: (face disgusted) Why? I'm better off alone!

Dr. Kang: That's what I said too, but... (clears throat) Ahem, I think you guys have to get along to represent our vet.

Hyosung: Represent?

Dr. Kang: Yes, we will be having visitors all over the cities near here to sponsor our vet to be bigger. But in order to do so, they need to know how we run things around here and how we earn to have a bigger vet since this place is getting tiny.

Hyosung: So what do you want me and Jaejoon to do?

Dr. Kang: You guys will be train to lead the visitors around this place to show how good we are. Can you two do that?

Jaejoon: (looks at Hyosung) If she can then I can.

Hyosung: (nods) Yes, Dr. Kang. I will do my best. I'm honoured to represent our vet.

Jaejoon: (gives Hyosung a weird look) Okay? So, grandpa, when does training start?

Dr. Kang: I selected my two longest and dedicated workers in here. (snaps) Mr. Sung and Ms. Shin!

Mr. Sung & Ms. Shin: (bows) Yes, Dr. Kang?

Dr. Kang: I will hand over the younger version of you two!

Hyosung: Younger version?

Jaejoon: How?

Dr. Kang: Carry on. Shin & Sung, train them well or you two won't get marry in the Fall. (clears throat) Ahem. Okay, I will be in my office if you need me.

Hyosung: Yes sir.

Dr. Kang: Oh, and you four will get paid for representing for our vet.

They all look at each other and smiles widely and nods. The training wasn't much, it was only two weeks and they just needed to remember where things were and all the information of the vet and important documents, all sorts of stuff. During the last day, Mr. Sung and Ms. Shin couldn't make it, so they just had to test each other.

Jaejoon: What was our most severe clients?

Hyosung: The Kuvasz, it was a female, she was name Snow because of her white fur, she was the most severe client because she was infected with distemper, which is a disease where a dog coughs, vomits, fever, etc, if not treated then the dog can pass away.

Jaejoon: Did Snow die?

Hyosung: Sadly, she did pass away. She passed away when she was only 4 years.

Jaejoon: So what was the least treated animals?

Hyosung: It was a pet parrot name Chit-Chat.

Jaejoon: Why was the bird here?

Hyosung: Chit-Chat's beak was caught onto the six-pack rings.

Jaejoon: Was that not a big problem?

Hyosung: No.

Jaejoon: Why not?

Hyosung: Because the owner could have possibly just took it out on her own.

Jaejoon: Okay, next question is... What is the---

Hyosung: I'm tired of answering, I've been the only one answering, you need to start too.

Jaejoon: I've been asking, so of course I know the answers.

Hyosung: Sure. It's the last day today, it's already tomorrow, do you think we'll do good?

Jaejoon: I think we'll do fine.

Hyosung: Okay. Well, let's grab something to eat.

Jaejoon: Fat girl.

Hyosung: (stares at Jaejoon wiht big eyes) SO!!?

Jaejoon: But I guess, fat girls will do for now. (smiles)

Hyosung: (chuckles) What do you mean?

Jaejoon: Nothing. Let's go!

They went to a deli place, where they sell sandwiches and such.

Hyosung: I don't know what to order since I've never been here.

Jaejoon: Um, it's not my first time, since Grandpa used to take me here when I was younger, I guess, we'll keep it simple.

Hyosung: What?

Jaejoon: I think I know what you'd like.

Hyosung: What?

Jaejoon: You'll see.

Jaejoon goes order two sandwiches for them. Hyosung sat at one of the tables to wait for Jaejoon. Jaejoon comes back with the sandwiches.

Hyosung: So what'd you get me?

Jaejoon: Wanna know?

Hyosung: Yeah. I'm starving.

Jaejoon: So you'd eat it no matter what?

Hyosung: Yeah? (gives Jaejoon a weird look)

Jaejoon: Okay. Here.

Jaejoon gives Hyosung's sandwich to her. It was a chicken sandwich with a cabbage wrap, there were other things inside too, such as brown rice, onion, eggs, and garlic. Hyosung took a bite out of the sandwich, her eyes widened and she got up from her seat.

Jaejoon: Was it good?

Hyosung: It's... It's.... SO DELICIOUS!!!!

Jaejoon: (surprise) Really?

Hyosung: I love all the flavors in here. So good!

Jaejoon: Oh. I thought you weren't into veggies as much that's why I ordered that sandwich.

Hyosung: I love it. It's so good.

Jaejoon: Okay. Then keep eating.

Hyosung and Jaejoon continues eating. It was already almost 2pm, so they just sat at the deli place.

Jaejoon: So what are you going to wear tomorrow?

Hyosung: A skirt with a white shirt and a blazer.

Jaejoon: Shoes?

Hyosung: I plan to wear my mother's flats.

Jaejoon: (tries to hold back laughter) Oh.

Hyosung: Why?

Jaejoon: You should wear suitable shoes.

Hyosung: Like what?

Jaejoon: Heels?

Hyosung: I'll think about it.... But, is this how we're ending our day?

Jaejoon: (nods) Wait, our day? (looks at Hyosung)

Hyosung: (looks away) Well, it's a nice and sunny day, I don't want to waste it.

Jaejoon: Well, what do you wanna do?

Hyosung: (looks at Jaejoon and smiles) Let's go somewhere.

Jaejoon: Where?

Hyosung: I'll take you to my favorite place of all.

Jaejoon: Where?

Hyosung: Somewhere. Let's go. (gets up)

Jaejoon: (grabs Hyosung's wrist) Where are you taking me?

Hyosung: Somewhere, let's go!

Hyosung grabs onto Jaejoon's hand and led him somewhere. It was the park where Hyosung and Kikwang used to go.

Jaejoon: What's this place? There is barely people here.

Hyosung: Exactly, that's how it is.

Jaejoon: Boring. Why are we here?

Hyosung: I just miss my best friend.

Jaejoon: Aw, you consider me your best friend now?

Hyosung: (looks at Jaejoon in disgust) Ew, no. My best friend isn't here right now.

Jaejoon: Aww, I'm sorry to hear. I'm sure he's in a better place.

Hyosung: Yeah, I certainly hope so. (crosses arms)

Jaejoon: He is. You have to believe he's in a better place.

Hyosung: I do, it's just... I think his step father don't like me.

Jaejoon: Why?

Hyosung: He used to always give me a mean look with big scary eyes. (shivers)

Jaejoon: Oh?

Hyosung: (turns to Jaejoon and nods) I know right. But I miss my best friend a lot.

Jaejoon: He's in a better place now, we can only hope he's up there (points up to the sky) with God.

Hyosung: (uncrosses her arms) TCH! My best friend cannot be DEAD right now. He's still alive and it's been probably about two months.

Jaejoon: Oh! I thought you said he wasn't here right now.

Hyosung: He's not, he's in Ilsan now.

Jaejoon: Oh. I thought your best friend passed away. And wait... Your best friend is a boy?

Hyosung: (nods) Yes, he said he was going to write to me but he never did.

Jaejoon: It's fine, Hyosung.

Hyosung: (shakes head) No.

Jaejoon: Why not?

Hyosung: (looks down onto the ground, head lowered) Because he'll be a liar, I don't want him to be a liar.

Jaejoon: Well, maybe he's not lying, maybe he's busy, you know.

Hyosung stood there quiet. Jaejoon went over to look at her, she was crying.

Hyosung: Don't look at me. (covers her face)

Jaejoon: (smiles) Don't cry, Hyosung. It's okay to miss someone.

Hyosung: I keep waiting and waiting for his letter, but it isn't here yet.

Jaejoon: He'll be here soon, but in the mean time, I'm here for you.

Hyosung: (takes hands off her face and looks at Jaejoon) But you aren't the same.... Like, at all.

Jaejoon: I never said we was same.

Hyosung: No one can ever replace my best friend!

Jaejoon: (gets a little angry) Well, your best friend probably don't care about you anymore that's why he never wrote to you!

Hyosung: (gets a little angry too) Well maybe you should stop bad mouthing my best friend!

Jaejoon: No, he isn't here anymore, Hyosung. He's gone, he'll never come back!

Hyosung: (eyes widened) You know what? You can just present for your grandpa tomorrow! (walks away)

Jaejoon: But what about the money?

Hyosung: (keeps walking) I don't care for money, I only care for real people like my best friend.

Jaejoon: I am real. Come back, Hyosung!

Hyosung ignores him and went home. Jaejooon gets angry and just left home not following Hyosung. Hyosung turned back to see if he followed her, but Jaejoon didn't, which made Hyosung a bit sad.