Leavin'.

SHOCKED!!!!

~Night till Morning~

It was getting late, around 11pm, Kikwang was done packing his things, so he lays in bed. Thinking and thinking, holding the letter in his hands. He don't know whether to give it to her directly tomorrow or give it to her secretly. Just then Kikwang heard something outside his window. Someone was throwing rocks at his window. He went over to look, it was Hyosung. Hyosung waves at Kikwang.

Kikwang: (looks out and screams) AH! Hyosung!!!

Hyosung: (knocks the window) Open your window for me.

Kikwang: What are you doing here? (opens window)

Hyosung: Misun and my brother in law went to see a movie, so I lied that I was going with them, instead I came here.

Kikwang: (one eyebrow rose up) Oh?

Hyosung: (crawls in) I just wanted to see you before I sleep!

As Hyosung crawls in, she trips on the window panel and fell on top of Kikwang. There eyes met. Hyosung smiles at Kikwang and got up.

Kikwang: Clumsy Hyosung! Tsk, tsk.

Hyosung: Be quiet. I didn't think I'd fall. (brushes herself) And why haven't I've been able to call you? Did you purposely ignore my calls?

Kikwang: NO, my step father closed my phone after we visited my aunt and uncle, so you can't call me anymore.

Hyosung: (nods and pouts) Aw, okay.

Kikwang: So tell me... (crosses arms) Why are you here?

Hyosung: I can't?

Kikwang: I didn't say that. I asked you why you're here?

Hyosung: Should I just go home?

Kikwang: Yeah. Bye.

Hyosung: (smacks lips) Fine! I'll go. (heading towards the door) I knew I should've never came.

Kikwang stops her from walking and pushed her against the door. Causing them to face each other again. His hands were holding unto Hyosung's arms. Hyosung breath's gets louder and louder because she was getting nervous. Kikwang's gaze made Hyosung nervous. As Hyosung tries to let go, Kikwang remains holding onto her arms. Hyosung finally broke the silence.

Hyosung: Lemme go. You told me to go home.

Kikwang: (smirks a little) I lied. Stay with me until your sister gets back.

Hyosung folds her lower lip in, hiding her upper lip. She looks down on the floor, avoiding Kikwang's eyes.

Kikwang: Please?

Hyosung looks up and smiles. She nods. Then Kikwang lets go of her. Kikwang drops himself on the bed so he can hide the letter under his bed. As for Hyosung, she looks around the room. She got sad and sat down on the bed next to Kikwang. Kikwang faces Hyosung.

Hyosung: Wow. I haven't been in this room since I was ten, it still looks the same. And feels the same.

Kikwang: Duh, you know I don't change.

Hyosung: I know, but... (sighs)

Kikwang: What's wrong?

Hyosung: (looks at book shelf) Nothing's wrong, it's just... (sighs) I can't believe you still kept this.

Kikwang: Kept what? (turns to face Hyosung)

Hyosung: Kept this. (shows Kikwang)

Kikwang: Oh, of course, I keep anything. (gets up from bed and walks over to Hyosung)

It was a ripped picture from different pictures of Kikwang and Hyosung when they were five.

Hyosung: I mean, I did this because you ripped your picture and I accidently ripped mine.

Kikwang: The tape is still there too. This old tape still works like a charm. (smiles)

Hyosung: (smiles) So why'd you hide it behind all those books?

Kikwang: Oh, hm, because I wanted to hide it from my parents knowing I ripped their favorite picture.. (scratches head)

Hyosung: (smirks) Sure thing. (clears throat) Are you taking this book shelf with you?

Kikwang: (shakes head) Never. I'll leave it here so when I come back to this house, I'll see how many people were storing their memories here.

Hyosung: (nods) Okay. (pouts a little and looks away)

Kikwang: (laughing) I'm kidding. I am. Don't worry.

Hyosung looks around the room and touch the desks, closet, every appliances in the room, she starts frowning as she went to touch the furnitures.

Kikwang: What's wrong?

Hyosung: It makes me sad how it's tomorrow.

Kikwang: I know right.

Hyosung: I can't believe it's going to happen.... Tomorrow. (frowns)

Kikwang: (walks over to Hyosung) Anything happens, Hyosung-ah.

Hyosung: (faces Kikwang) But... Who will protect me from strangers and enemies? (covers her eyes)

Kikwang: Not me.

Hyosung: (one of her hands pushed Kikwang's shoulder and back to her eye) I'm serious.

Kikwang: (chuckles) I know.  Are you crying?

Hyosung: No. (sniff) I just have a runny nose.

Kikwang: Liar. Don't cry, Hyosung. I'll be back.

Hyosung: If you don't come back, I'm replacing you. (sniff)

Kikwang: I will. I promise.

Hyosung: (offers her right pinky) Pinky promise?

Kikwang: (nods) Pinky promise.

Their pinkies met and made promises.

Hyosung: (lets go) Okay. (her hand went back to her eyes)

Hyosung's eyes were still covered while Kikwang just stares at here.

Hyosung: (removes her hands from her eyes) I just don't want tomorrow to come. (starts crying louder)

Kikwang: (covers Hyosung's mouth) Shhh! My parents are sleeping! Be quiet.

Hyosung: (nods) I'm sorry, Kikwang. I should just go home for real now.

Hyosung walks away, but Kikwang grabs her hand and pulls her in for a hug.

Kikwang: (shaking his head) No. You said you'd stay. Let's not make tomorrow come soon, but we'll talk all night until tomorrow. It'll be a long night.

Hyosung just nods. Kikwang lets go and tried to make Hyosung breathe regular. Hyosung sits on Kikwang's bed and laid back on his bed holder, Kikwang sat on the floor. As they were chatting, it was already past twelve. Hyosung starts rubbing her eyes.

Kikwang: Babohyo! Are you tired? We suppose to stay up until I leave.

Hyosung: I'm getting tired. I cried too much earlier. You know crying makes me tired.

Kikwang: I know. Lemme go get us some hot cocoa.

Kikwang gets some hot cocoa for Hyosung and himself. When he went back, Hyosung crossed her arms and legs and slept that way. Kikwang smiles and puts down the two cups of hot cocoa. He sits next to Hyosung

Kikwang: Babohyo. I'm going to miss you so much. I'm going to miss your smile, your clumsiness, your dumbness... Just everything. (inhales and exhales) Although you're already in a relationship, it's okay with me. I'm totally fine with it, I'm just sorry for being such a coward. I can't even tell you how I feel about you after all these years. I couldn't even say a word of it to you because.... I didn't wanna lose you. (swipes Hyosung's bangs aside) I'm glad I didn't lose you, if I did, I would---

Hyosung starts moving and wakes up. Kikwang was taken by surprise, that he jumps back. Hyosung stretches and rubs her eyes.

Hyosung: You're back?

Kikwang: (nods) Yeah.

Hyosung: Come here with those hot cocoa then. (making a grabbing gesture)

Kikwang: Okay.

Kikwang went to get the hot cocoa and gave it to Hyosung.

Hyosung: (slurps and let out an AH~) That was good, Kikwang-ah. Thanks..

Kikwang: (nods) Anytime.

Hyosung: Did you make it?

Kikwang: (shakes head) My hands did.

Hyosung: (disgusted face) Ew. So you did. Well, it was quite good.

Kikwang: I know.

Hyosung: (puppy eyes) Can I have yours?

Kikwang: (shakes head) No.

Hyosung: Why? (pouts)

Kikwang: You're going to be fatter!

Hyosung: (makes an "O" with ) Ugh! I don't care. Gimme, please?

Kikwang: (Laughs) Okay. Here. (hands over his hot cocoa)

Hyosung finishes Kikwang's hot cocoa.

Hyosung: It's so delicious. Thanks again.

Kikwang: Fat girl. (clears throat) Well, what now?

Hyosung: Um, I don't know, should I just go home now?

Kikwang: No, it's just 12:40am... Well, it is midnight, I'll walk you home?

Hyosung: Well, my sister didn't come home yet so when she do, she'll come pick me up.

Kikwang: (nods) Okay.

Hyosung puts the cup down onto the drawer next to her and lean back on the bed holder and criss-crossed her legs. Kikwang sits right in front of her. He taps his back.

Hyosung: (startled) Why?

Kikwang: Massage me.

Hyosung: Oh, you scared me.

Hyosung began to massage Kikwang's shoulders. Kikwang starts dozing off.

Hyosung: Are you sleeping on me?

Kikwang: (snaps out of it) No. (shakes head)

Hyosung: Okay.

Kikwang begins dozing off once again. Hyosung stops massaging him and just squeezes his shoulders really hard. Kikwang felt pain right away and screams really loud.

Kikwang: AH!!!!!!!!!! Hyosung!

Hyosung: (surprised, eyes grew big) Kikwang-ah. (bursts out laughing) I'm sorry!

Kikwang: (snickers) I told you to massage, not hurt me.

Hyosung: (smiling really big) I said sorry. Besides, that'll keep you awake. Now, you massage me.

Kikwang: (mumbles) Revenge...

Hyosung: What?

Kikwang: (fake smiles) Nothing. Move to the front.

So Hyosung moves forward. Kikwang sat behind her. He cracks his knuckles and stretchs.

Hyosung: What's taking you so long?

Kikwang was startled.

Kikwang: Oh, sorry. (clears throat)

Kikwang began massaging Hyosung's shoulders. Hyosung starts dozing off.

Kikwang: Are YOU falling asleep on me?

Hyosung: No.

Kikwang: Better not.

As Kikwang massages Hyosung's shoulders, Hyosung's head kept dropping forward since she was dozing off. Kikwang just laughs quietly to himself.

Kikwang: (clears throat) Hyosung, you're sleeping on me, I'm going to get my----

Just then, Hyosung falls back on Kikwang. It caught Kikwang off guard that both of them fell. Kikwang was in an awkward position, since Hyosung slept on his stomach. Kikwang gets up and picks up Hyosung and moves her to the pillow. Hyosung wakes up and sat up.

Hyosung: Kikwang-ah... You're not done yet.

Kikwang: Yes I am. I was that good to put you to sleep. Just sleep.

Hyosung: Kikwang-ah... Are you going to give me a letter or not?

Kikwang: (eyes grew big) Uh... (starts stuttering) Uh, I uh... I'll give it to you tomorrow....

Hyosung: Okay. (yawns) Did you still wanna stay up?

Kikwang: Just go to sleep!

Kikwang pushes Hyosung's forehead down so she can go to sleep.

Hyosung: Kikwang, I want you to sleep next to me.

Kikwang: (eyes grew super big) What?

Hyosung: On the floor.

Kikwang: Why? You should sleep there, that's my bed.

Hyosung: But I'm so comfortable already. Just sleep next to me on the floor.

Kikwang: (groans) Fine!

Kikwang got his other pillow and placed it on the floor next to his bed.

Kikwang: Now, can you sleep?

Hyosung nods.

Hyosung: Kikwang-ah. Are you cold?

Kikwang: Yes, but it's okay.

Hyosung: I don't know why you are, it's summer.

Kikwang: I know. But you know I don't have a warm body.

Hyosung: I don't know that. But....

Kikwang: But what?

Kikwang was waiting for her answer, so Kikwang looks up, Hyosung was sleeping already. Kikwang chuckles.

Kikwang: Goodnight sleepy head.

Kikwang falls alseep eventually. During the night Hyosung moves around, she moved around so much, she fell down the bed and slept next to Kikwang. Both of them slept on the ground the whole night.


It was already morning, around 7am, Hyosung wakes up and opens her eyes. She was shocked to see Kikwang's face next to hers. It scared her.

*Hyosung's thoughts*

-- Oh my! Did we... No. I couldn't have. This is way too embarrasing. (Kikwang starts moving) Oh no, I have to fake sleep now. (ends)

As Kikwang woke up, Hyosung fake sleeps next to him.

Kikwang: Oh, she's still asleep. I guess I'll sleep until she wakes up.

Hyosung immediately open her eyes and saw Kikwang near her face. She covers her face.

Hyosung: Kikwang!!!!

Kikwang: (acts innocent) What? Hyosung! Was you trying to molest me last night? (covers body)

Hyosung: (stutters) N.... No.

Kikwang: Then why are you down here?

Hyosung: I don't know.

Hyosung began crying a little.

Hyosung: Kikwang-ah! What do we do? I mean, I was too tired to remember anything!

Kikwang: Well, you didn't do anything, Babohyo.

Hyosung: How do you know? Was you aw.... (removes her hands) Did you know about this?

Kikwang: (shakes his head) No. Why do you think?

Hyosung: Well.. (covers her eyes again) I hope we didn't do anything then!

Kikwang: Okay. Well, I leave in an hour and a half, so I have to get everything ready. So I'm going to wash up then I'll take you home.

Hyosung nods. Kikwang goes to the bathroom and washes up. When he came out, Hyosung wasn't there. He looks around the room,  she was no where to be found. So he went out to the living room, she wasn't there. Where did Hyosung go? Kikwang was sad after not finding Hyosung. Just then, the doorbell rings. Ms. Lee gets the door.
Ms. Lee: Oh, hi, Hyosung. You came early!

Hyosung: (bows her head) Yeah, Ms. Lee. I wouldn't miss this for the world. I just wanted to see you guys off before leaving.

Kikwang: Oh, hi Hyosung-ah.

Hyosung: Hi, Kikwang. (smiles)

Kikwang: (smiles) Come in.

Ms. Lee: Yes, Hyosung, please come in.

Hyosung: Oh, Ms. Lee, I can't believe you guys are leaving soon.

Ms. Lee: I know, dear, I wish you can come too, but you're still in school.

Kikwang: Hey, mom, why would she come, she won't make a difference.

Ms. Lee: (mugs Kikwang) Be quiet. Anyway, Hyosung, since you're here, I wanted you to have something of mine before going.

Hyosung: What is it?

Ms. Lee gets up and went to get what she wanted to give Hyosung.

Hyosung: What is it?

Kikwang shrugs. Ms. Lee comes back from her room.

Ms. Lee: Here, I know you'll like it.

It was a box. Hyosung opens it, it was a necklace. Hyosung was astounded by it.

Hyosung: ( drops) Ms. Lee, this is...

Ms. Lee: Yes, dear, I wanted you to have this. I know it's a necklace, but this is how me and Kikwang's father met. He had the other half and I have this one.

Hyosung: Oh, Ms. Lee, I can't have this, this is yours and Mr. Lee's. I can't have this.

Ms. Lee: (holds Hyosung's hands) I'm giving this to you, thanking you for always taking care of my son. I appreciate it. All these years. I'm really thankful for you.

Hyosung: (smiles and holds Ms. Lee's hands back) Ms. Lee, thank you. I really appreciate you also. Thanks for having such a bratty son. Without him, (looks at Kikwang) I wouldn't be here today.

Kikwang: (smirks) Why?

Hyosung: (mugs Kikwang) Well, Ms. Lee, thanks so much, but where's the other half to this necklace?

Ms. Lee: I stored it away, so in the future, when you get married, I'll be able to give your husband the other half.

Hyosung: Thanks Ms. Lee.

Hyosung hugs Ms. Lee. Ms. Lee starts crying and wipes her tears.

Ms. Lee: Hyosung, don't ever lose your way, okay? Stay positive all the time and always remember us.

Hyosung: (begins crying) I will always remember you, Ms. Lee. You're another mother to me.

Ms. Lee: And you're like a daughter for me.

They let go. Ms. Lee leaves to the bedroom to wake up Kikwang's step brother.

Hyosung: Your mom is so sweet. (wipes her tears)

Kikwang: That's why I am.

Hyosung: Whatever you think. (continues wiping her tears)

Kikwang walks over to Hyosung and sat next to her and puts his right arm over her.

Kikwang: Stop crying already.

Hyosung: I can't, only one more hour and you'll be leaving me.

Kikwang: No more crying till then, okay?

Hyosung: (nods) Okay.

Kikwang: In the meantime, thanks, Hyosung-ah.

Hyosung: For what?

Kikwang: For always tolerating me.

Hyosung: Everyone can, Kikwang.

Kikwang: I wish. Not everyone.

Hyosung: I'll be the only one then. I'm always going to tolerate all of you.

Kikwang: Thanks, Hyosung-ah.

Kikwang looks at Hyosung and smiles and then he looks down. Hyosung chuckles lightly.

Hyosung: Are you going to cry?

Kikwang: Maybe. (lets his arm off of Hyosung)

Hyosung: Don't cry yet. Cry when we're both departing.

In the time being, the movers were starting to move their furnitures into a big truck. While they were doing that, Hyosung and Kikwang talks until they had only ten minutes left.

Mr. Sung (Kikwang's step father): Kikwang, it's almost time to go, me and your mother will be in the car.

Kikwang: Okay, dad.

Mr. Sung smiles cause he was happy Kikwang called him dad. He left the house, leaving Hyosung and Kikwang sitting in the middle of the living room floor.

Kikwang: Wow, I'd never thought it was coming this quickly. (starts getting teary)

Hyosung: Kikwang-ah, with only ten minutes left, I want to read your letter.

Kikwang: (forgot about the letter) Oh, the letter... Okay. (takes it out from his pocket)

Hyosung: It was there?

Kikwang: (nods) Yeah, I put it there so I can give it to you.

Hyosung: Can I read it?

Kikwang: Not yet. Read it when we only have five minutes left.

Hyosung agrees. They look around the house once more and left, they only had five minutes left. Hyosung opens the letter. Kikwang stops her.

Kikwang: Um, maybe you should read it after I leave.

Hyosung: Why? I wanna read it now.

Kikwang: But... Okay.

Hyosung starts reading. It was a   front and back letter. It was quite long. Kikwang was impatient so he stops her again.

Kikwang: Read this at home. Hyosung, whatever you read today, I don't need your answer, okay? It's totally fine. But since I have only two more minutes, I just want to look at you once more so I'll remember you.

Hyosung looks at Kikwang. The way they gazed at each other didn't feel the same this time. It felt more memorable this time. Kikwang looks at her and starts smiling and crying. Hyosung looks at Kikwang and starts crying.

Mr. Sung: Kikwang, time to go.

Kikwang: Okay, dad. I'll be right there! Well, Hyosung-ah. Bye. (waves)

Kikwang walks away, not even waiting for Hyosung's bye. He just left to the car and opens the door. He looks at Hyosung once more and smiles at her and went inside the car. Hyosung's tears wouldn't stop dripping, she looks as the car drove away. She looks down and starts walking home, since they went the opposite direction. Just then, Kikwang grabs her arm and turns her around and hugs her really tight. Hyosung smiles as she was crying. Kikwang just cries and hugs her tightly. Hyosung hugs Kikwang back tightly also.

Kikwang: I'll be back, I promise.

Hyosung: (nods) I promise I'll be here.

Kikwang: I promise to write to you.

Hyosung: (nods) I promise to write back.

They gave each other the tightest hug after their promises. After the long and tight hug, Kikwang has to leave. When Hyosung went home, she looks at the letter, there was a piece ripped off at the end of the letter.