How short yet how true

I just read too many Fanfics

Key’s POV

 

I was lying on the coach looking at the ceiling. It was morning and nobody has woken up yet. Well except for Jonghyun but he went for a run even before I got up.

I was still wearing my pajamas but it was pretty cold so I tucked a blanket around me……

I had already made breakfast – pancakes. I’d have to reheat them when everyone wakes up.

I sneezed. Crap…. I might have a cold…. What to do? What to do? And the idol sports day is coming up soon….

 

Suddenly I heard a click signaling that the door has been open. I curiously peeked over the back of the coach only to fins a sweaty Jonghyun taking of his shoes. I lied back down.

 

“Morning, Jjong. How was the run?” – I whisper-yelled hoping that he would hear me and the rest of the members don’t.

 

“Key? You awake? Oh~! You made pancakes!” – I chuckled. He sounded like a little child who just got a lollipop. – “But they are so cold…”

 

“Reheat them.” – I sat up and quickly regretted that because I was met with a pout. that pout for being my weak point.

 

“How?” – God! Jonghyun, stop being stupid! That is what I wanted to say but…. But c’mon guys, you know Jonghyun’s pout…. Nobody can resist it.

 

“M-microwave” – Stuttering? Wow, Key you surprise yourself!!

 

“Ahh~ I see.” – He put three pancakes on a plate and put them in the microwave. – “For how long?”

 

“30 seconds for each pancake.” – He pressed some buttons and I heard a beep.

 

“Did you eat already?”

 

“Me? Ani….  I was waiting for everyone else.” – Jonghyun searched my face for a bit and then took out another plate.

 

“How many?”

 

“How many what?” – He looked at me and signed.

 

“How many pancakes?” – This was so weird. Only 2 minutes ago he was pouting and whining and now he was so dead serious.

 

“Um…. Three.” – Jonghyun nodded and put 4 pancakes on the plate.

 

“Umm, I said three. You put four…” – I bit my lip.

 

He didn’t answer. I signed. The microwave beeped and Jjong took out his own plate and put mine it. He pressed some buttons and the microwave lit up. Then he went over to the coffee machine with two cups he had previously taken ut of the dishwasher.

 

“Jjong, don’t make it..”

 

“Too strong. 1/3 of a cup of milk and 3 spoons of sugar.” – I blinked twice while Jonghyun smiled. – “I remember Key…. I remember everything about you.” – He mumbled the last part but I heard him. I wanted to ask him what he meant by his words but the microwave beeped and Jonghyun took out the plate.

 

Jonghyun then made his way to the coach and put the food, drinks and different syrups on the table in front of it before sitting down next to me. I looked at him for a while before gently wrapping my blanket around the both of us.

 

He took strawberry syrup and poured it on one of the pancakes. He took it gently and, putting the plate under it so the syrup doesn’t fall, let me take a bite of it. I munched the piece down slowly.  He looked at my reaction before smiling and putting the plate in my hands. I started eating while he quietly observed me chuckling from time to time. I just ignored his laughs trying hard to finish my food. He finally started eating as well and I was surprised when he finished his pancakes before I did mine. I pouted a bit earning another chuckle.

 

After I was done Jonghyun wrapped his arm around my shoulders and let my head rest on his shoulder. I signed.

 

This moment was too precious. I couldn’t get enough of it. You know, at the moment I actually didn’t care that we weren’t together and that perhaps Jonghyun couldn’t answer my feeling. Being in love is something worth treasuring and even though it can hurt you in so many different ways, I don’t think I would ever give up this feeling.

 

Smiling to myself I suddenly remembered something I read not long ago in the internet.

 

 

“Love has no survival value; rather it is one of the things that give value to survival.”

 

How short yet how true.

 

Sorry for writing such a short chapter again. I guess I am bad at writing long stuff.

I want to thank everyone who commented on my last update. =^_^= SHINee means the world to me and I am glad that through my terrible writing I was able to express at least 1% of the feelings that I am currently experiencing.

Umm..... School has ended and I will try to update a bit more but I cannot guarantee anything because I have exams to get ready for. I have already taken my first exam and just three more to go.

I thank everyone for being so patient from the bottom of my heart^^ You are great readers and I am glad to have so many comments^^