The Dinner

Unpredictable Love

Yoseob drove to Jieun’s house. While Jieun already wait for him in front of her house. She wore a soft blue dress with a bow on it. She let her hair feels the air and she wore a pair of white highheels. She looks so cute. Yoseob arrived and then approached her.
“Mianhe, I’m late. I have something to do. But now, it’s over.” Yoseob smiled brightly and then kissed Jieun’s right hand. Jieun just nodded. “by the way, you look so pretty tonight” Yoseob winked then opened the door for Jieun. And then they went to Yoseob’s house.

                Kikwang gave a chair to Hyosung. She took a seat and looked around. The other family haven’t come yet. Kikwang sat beside her.
“My mom will come soon. She is upstair.” Kikwang explained. Hyosung just nodded.
Suddenly, a middle-aged woman came with her glossy black gown. Her hair and make-up are done well. Hyosung stared at her. Amazed. “she looks so young.” Hyosung thought. As soon as the woman came, Hyun Ah followed behind her.Then, they took a seat.  The woman looked at Hyosung.
“Young lady, who are you?” The woman asked. Hyosung can’t answer because Kikwang cut her words.
“She is my girlfriend, Mom.” Kikwang answered. That woman is Kikwang’s Mom. Kikwang’s Mom started to observe Hyosung from her head until her toe.
“Do you a student from Ahyan?” Kikwang’s Mom raised her eyebrow.
“Ne, Ahjumma.” Hyosung nodded slowly.
“what’s your dad’s job?” Kikwang’s Mom continued. Hyun Ah giggled. Kikwang looked at Hyosung worriedly. He knew his mother won’t like Hyosung if she know that Hyosung is poor.
“My dad has a small shop at our house, Ahjumma.” Hyosung looked down.
“Hahaha what? A small shop? Are you kidding me, young lady? And stop calling Ahjumma, arasseo?” Kikwang’s Mom ended her words. Kikwang swallowed his saliva, then glared at Hyun Ah who giggled happily.

                Yoseob and Jieun arrived and greeted by Yoseob’s dad. Yoseob’s dad greeted them warmly.
“Annyeonghaseyo, Ahjussi. I’m Lee Jieun-imnida” Jieun bowed respectfully.
“Annyeong, Jieun. How cute you are. Let’s come in” Yoseob’s dad asked them to entered the house. Yoseob smiled as soon as he saw his Dad likes Jieun. They entered the dining room.
“Are you hungry, Jieun?” Yoseob’s dad asked.
“ah, ne, little bit hungry, Ahjussi.” Jieun nodded slowly.
“ok, please bring the food here.” Yoseob’s dad commanded the maids. The maids came with the trays which full with the food.
“Jieun-ah, my dad seems like you” Yoseob whispered to Jieun.
“Jinjja?” Jieun replied and then smiled widely. “I’m happy to know that” she continued.

                Hyun Ah is sitting in front of Hyosung. Hyosung can feel that Hyun Ah glared at her while eating and it makes Hyosung feel uncomfortable.
“are you okay?” Kikwang asked. Hyosung just nodded.
“Lee Kikwang! don’t talk while eating! Where’s your manners?” Kikwang’s mom yelled at Kikwang. Kikwang looked down and continued eating.
Finished their dinner, they relaxed and drank tea in dining room. Kikwang’s Mom seems didn’t like Hyosung. She kept talking with Hyun Ah. Kikwang feels pity to Hyosung.
“Mom, there is another guest here.” Kikwang said to his mom.
“Ng? you’re right. But, I don’t want waste my time to talk with countrified girl like her.” Kikwang’s mom replied. Heard that Hyosung just looked down and hold her tears.
“Eomma!” Kikwang raised his tone.
“see? You even yell to me? That’s why I never allow you to be friends with poor people!”
“Eomma! Stop it!”
“Listen, Lee Kikwang! Hyun Ah is your girlfriend! You must respect her. Don’t bring another girl and said that she’s your girlfriend.”
“Aish! Mom! You never understand your son! Never!”
Kikwang got up and pulled Hyosung from her seat. “let’s get out from here, Hyosung-ah!” he grabbed her hand and went out from his house. Kikwang's mom tried to call him, but he didn't even look back.

                Yoseob and Jieun ate dinner with Yoseob’s dad. Yoseob’s Dad is kinda talkative, maybe because he’s so polite with the other.
“Jieun-ssi, I just knew about you today. Because this boy never tell me about you before. How naughty he is” Yoseob’s dad joked. Jieun giggled.
“Abeoji, it’s not like that..” Yoseob tried to explain.
“Sssshh.. eat well, Seob-ah” Yoseob’s dad fed him a slice of meat. “how about you, Jieun-ssi? Is it delicious? Mian if I’m too noisy. I’m a talkative old man. Hahaha”
“ah? It’s so delicious, Ahjussi. Haha. Gwenchana.”
Jieun smiled to Yoseob’s dad. Yoseob looked at them. “Abeoji seems like her so much and he can talk comfortly..”  Yoseob thought.

                Kikwang still mad and it makes Hyosung afraid. Kikwang didn’t talk to her in the car. He just driving.
“Ki.. Kikwang.. where are we going?” Hyosung bravely asked.
“…somewhere.” He replied. Short answer. Hyosung just nodded.
“but.. I think.. I wanna go home now..” Hyosung said. Suddenly Kikwang stopped his car. Hyosung shocked.
“Hyosung-ah! I’m.. I’m sorry.. I hope you didn’t take my Mom’s words to your heart..”
“Kikwang..”
Hyosung stared at Kikwang who looked down. Her tears suddenly fell down. Kikwang looked at her and gave her a sudden kiss.

                Finished eating, Yoseob’s dad asked Jieun and Yoseob to go to the living room.
“Jieun-ssi, let’s see photo albums about Yoseob’s childhood.” He said while walking to a bookcase and took an album.
“Eoh, ne.” Jieun smiled.
“what a childish thing” Yoseob commented and just sit on a couch, busy with his camera.
“Usually, only the mothers who share this kind of album when her son’s girlfriend come. But Yoseob’s mom can’t do that… so.. is it okay if I do this for her?” Yoseob’s dad sat beside Jieun. Yoseob stared at him. “Abeoji..” he mumbled and held his tears.
“ne, Ahjussi. It’s my pleasure” Jieun answered and then smiled to Yoseob.

Jieun and Yoseob’s dad looks so close. Yoseob took some pics of them when they busy with the albums. They smiled and sometimes laughed because funny pics on the album. Yoseob checked the pictures which just he took. “haha this is so funny” he thought. Suddenly his thumb stopped pressing the next button on the camera. He surprised because of a pic of his father and Jieun. On that pic, his father laughed happily while Jieun pointed to the album. “Abeoji.. long time no see you like this..” Yoseob smiled.

                Kikwang and Hyosung finally arrived in front of Hyosung’s house. Kikwang still speechless about what he did in the car. Although it wasn’t their 1st kiss but it was the 1st time for Kikwang kissed a girl in the car. “Aigoo, Kikwang.. How if she think that you act too much like a drama” Kikwang thought.
“Kikwang-ah?” Hyosung broke his thought.
“Ng? ne?” Kikwang didn’t want to look at Hyosung.
“Gomawo.. I really have fun today. I’m happy. Gomawo.” Hyosung smiled. Kikwang widened his eyes. “what does she mean with ‘have fun’ and ‘happy’?” he thought. Hyosung get out from the car and waved to Kikwang who still on driver seat. Hyosung approached him and gave him a peck on his cheek.
“be careful. And good night” she waved to Kikwang and entered her house. Kikwang touched his cheek. “I just realized that she is the all I want.” He thought while looked at Hyosung’s room windows at 2nd floor from outside. And then he drove home.

                It’s kinda late for Jieun. She asked for leave to Yoseob’s dad. Yoseob will drive her home.
“Neomu kamsahamnida for inviting me today, Ahjussi.” Jieun bowed.
“Ah, don’t  mention it, Jieun-ah.” Yoseob’s dad smiled. “I’m happy if Yoseob bring her girlfriend and introduce her to me”
“yes, Ahjussi.” Jieun looked at Yoseob as a code to take the car from parking lot. Yoseob nodded and left Jieun to talk with his dad.
“anyway, Jieun-ah, Yoseob’s aunt said a greeting to you. She invites you to go to her boutique again.”
“Eoh? Sorry?”
Jieun asked again.
“she invites you to her boutique. Today, you came to her boutique, right?” Yoseob’s dad repeated the question.
“me? I didn’t go anywhere all day, Ahjussi. Maybe she was wrong”
“ani.. she said that you and Yoseob came?”
Yoseob’s dad raised an eyebrow. “Oh.. maybe she was wrong, you’re right, Jieun-ah” Yoseob’s dad laughed.
Yoseob pressed the horn, Jieun bowed to Yoseob’s dad and then entered the car. Yoseob’s dad waved to them “Yoseob-ah, drive well. Be safe. Remember you are with our princess”. Yoseob nodden and smiled.

                In the car, Jieun still curious about the girl that Yoseob’s aunt thought she was her. “who is she? Actually.. why Yoseob Oppa bring her to his Auntie’s boutique?” Jieun thought while staring at Yoseob.
“he has an affair behind me?” she thought.

 

sorry for late update. School is around and I'll be busy T^T hope you understand.
please comment and subscribe ^^