Fun weekend cont'd

Marriage Contract

"Bekah!"

I snapped out of my daze to see my friends staring at me. The car had stopped and for a few seconds I forgot where I was and what I was doing.

"We have been calling your name for a good 5 minutes. Is something wrong?" Joo yeon asked concern written on her face.

Since the visit with my dad I haven't been able to shake off what he said. I was constantly thinking about it.

"did your dad ground you or something?" Ga hee laughed.

" Shut up Ga Hee this could be something serious"Joo yeon glared at Ga Hee and squeezed my hand. " You know you can tell us. Is it serious?"

I sighed and nodded.

"Then what is it? spill. You'll feel better"

****

"You can't be serious!"

"I'm dead serious and keep your voice down we are in a fancy restaurant. No need to make a scene."

"You can't make me" I lowered my voice.

He just chuckled, leaning back in his chair.

"Yes I can. your not of age yet. I can make the arrangement before your coming of age birthday. Your mother wouldn't disagree either. Even if she hates me"

The waiter came but left when he felt the tension between us. I don't want to eat anymore anyway. I have lost my appetite due to this nonsense.

"We shall see" I pulled out my phone and dialed my mother. Meanwhile my cocky father grinned in his seat sipping his wine.

"Mom... I'm fine.. wait no i'm not. Your crazy ex husband is saying threatening me.  No not that kind of threatening... LET ME EXPLAIN WOMAN!....... He said if I don't start dating he'll take matters into his own hands and arrage a marriage.....ya he is right here....Here" I handed him the phone but his grin was still in place.

"Why hello there So... No time for small chit chat? " He sighed took a sip of wine and leaned forward on the table staring at me.  " Yes I did indeed say that.. I do mean it... seriously. Before her next birthday since we wont have a say. No..no I wouldn't. In fact you can part take in that part...."

My eyes went wide. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She was actually agreeing with him! The guys she supposedly hates! This is only proof she still loves him!

"You know I wouldn't choose just anyone"

At that point I tried taking my phone back since it was being used to plot something evil against me. Of course his arms are longer then mine and kept me at by.

"All right then. Looks like we'll be keeping in touch. Bye Bye swee.... She hung up. She never changes" He sighed and handed me my phone. Which I snatched back and crossed my arms aggravated.

"Oh come on Bekky this is for your own good"

I stayed silent and looked away.

"Its not like I didn't leave you with out an ultimatum. Look if you date a guy, one guy, successfully for one month and things look legitimate.... i'll call it all off. You can't pay the guy to pretend because i'll find out and you can't bully them into it either"

"Yeah like I wanted to waste time on that."

"If you want out of the arrangement you'll have to. Now lets eat!"

****

All of them stared at me wide eyed.The first one to react was Ga Hee, who smiled like this wasn't something serious.

"What the hell are you smiling about?"

"Ooo just for that i'm not going to tell you how to solve this" Ga Hee frowned and quickly got out. I followed desperately after.

"Thats it? " Jung Ah stared at the two empty front seats. " I seriously thought she was going to tell us about her secret lover and how she's pregnant and her father got pissed and probably had the guy ki..."

Slap

"This isn't one of your drama's Jung Ah!"

Jung Ah stared shocked at Joo Yeon and watched her climb out of the car after her other friends.

"Sure seems like a damn drama"

"Wait! Ga Hee! Wait come....on! I'm sorry!" I caught her wrist to stop her. "This is horrifying for me. I mean you know dad and what he does. "

"Doesn't give you the right to be rude" She pulled her wrist away and crossed her arms.

"I said i was sorry." I pouted. She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"If I hadn't known you since we were 5 and been best friends I would have kicked your ."

"Thats why I love you!" I hugged her tightly swaying side to side.

"Not for long"

I looked up at her confused

"Your going to hate me soon this will be my payback i guess"