The come back

Marriage Contract

Nichkhun sighed as he opened his locker. After being suspended for a week he had begun to miss the squeaking sound it made when it opened and shut. Only one week had past and it almost driven him insane having to work with his father. He couldn’t help but wonder if he would have survived the greater punishment given to Bekah. Two weeks suspension stripped of the manager title and 100 hours of community service. Two weeks with his father would no doubt be extremely unbearable.

“There’s my man!” Taec yelled as he playfully shoved Nichkhun and leaned against some lockers. “How was your week of vacation?”

“Not much of a vacation when you’re forced to work with your father” Nichkhun groaned as he shut the locker and clicked the heavy lock in place.

“What does he do?”

“Business” Nichkhun answered watching Taecs face express his dislike for the career field.

“Yeah that sounds boring” Taec said pushing off the lockers and they both began walking to class. The hallways were emptying as the students rushed to get to class on time.

“So what did I miss?” Nichkhun asked as they walked into their first class and took their seats. Nichkhun smiled as a group of girls came and placed small welcome back gifts on his desk.

“It’s like you never left” Taec muttered under his breath. “Let’s see we placed 3rd in the tournament. If you hadn’t gotten yourself suspended we would have ended at least in 2nd. “ Taec leaned back and continued his summery. “Wooyoung and Jooyeon are in a steady relationship…wait  you knew that. Umm Well I guess you didn’t miss much. You were only gone a week. “

“Hey” Wooyoung greeted but instantly turned around when he noticed Nichkhun was there.

“Woo… they aren’t in this class” Taec shook his head, while Nichkhun looked at both of them confused.

“I know but you know Jung Ah has eyes and ears everywhere” Woo whispered over his shoulders, but shot up and turned in his chair as Taec’s pencil case hit him in the back of the head. “What the hell!”

“Don’t be an idiot.”

“Okay obviously I’m missing something here” Nichkhun said looking at Wooyoung for an explanation to his weird behavior.

“I’m not suppose to talk to you” He said a bit ashamed he was admitting to something so childish.

“Oh yeah and who told you not to talk to me?”

“His girlfriend” Taec said in the best girly voice he could make.

“Jooyeon told you not to speak to me?” Nichkhun laughed “Why?”

“What do you mean why? Have you forgotten the reason why you haven’t been here for a week?”

Nichkhun got serious and sat up in his chair. Of course he hadn’t forgotten his brother actually made sure he didn’t forget. He was too proud to admit that he was the one who provoked it all. After this incident his brother suggested he get professional help for his outbursts and his father enforced it. His first task was to apologize for what he did and that wasn’t going to be an easy thing for him to do.

“Oh yeah you owe me” Taec said slapping Nichkhuns shoulder.

“I owe you what?”

“The bet? You seriously lost big time”

“Yeah there is no way you can recover from this.” Wooyong chuckled.

There was one thing Nichkhun hated most and that was losing. Especially at something so trivial and easy to him, okay it hadn’t been easy, but it wasn’t impossible. He had dealt with angry females before. Granted he never had to deal with one that was so violent. He wasn’t going to lose this bet. Maybe it was time to get serious.

“Where there is a will there is a way” Nichkhun said smirking at Wooyoung. Taec’s mouth fell open as Wooyoung face brightened with amusement. “I can still do it”

“Bull!” Taec said loudly. “Are you seriously mental? I’m starting to think all the beating from Bekah has seriously damaged your brain”

“Oh I’ve had MRI’s and I can tell you my brain activity is normal. IF I am to continue this bet I think it’s only fair that we raise the stakes. After all my life is on the line”

“Yeah but that was your choice” Wooyoung smiled shaking his finger at Nichkhun.

“Okay true BUT come on. I’m sure you realize how dangerous this is and I know for a FACT you want to see if I can pull it off or not” Nichkhun pointed out leaning back in his seat.

Taec shook his head thinking Nichkhun was insane. Wooyoung stared at Nichkhuns smiling face trying to figure out if he was just stupid, proud or in love.

“So do we have a deal?” Nichkhun asked looking at the two males, who looked at each other uncertain of what to say.

Taec sighed and held out his hand. “I’ll admit watching you get rejected and beat up by a girl is amusing and I’d gladly pay to see it.”

“You both are idiots.” Wooyoung laughed shaking his head turning around to face the front of the class.

 

Nichkhun paced the empty hallway as he pondered different scenarios on how he could conquer Bekah. He had a week to prepare to confront her but that would just be wasting time. A week was a good amount of time for her to cool off right? He knew exactly who he needed on his side to pull it all off. Jung Ah.

On cue Jung Ah came out of the ladies bathroom and froze once her gaze set on Nichkhun.  Normally she would smile, run up to him and flirt. This time was different; she had a serious expression on her face and walked right by him. He knew this was serious, but he wasn’t going to give up. She was the easiest to get to. He quickly blocked her way and held onto her shoulders. She instantly pushed him away but failed to hide the slight blush on her face. Nichkhun knew he could sway her.

“You’re not going to say hi after a week without me? Did you replace me already?” Nichkhun acted hurt. Jung Ah remained silent and refused to look at him. “I knew it. Its Taec isn’t it?”

“Ew no!” Jung Ah yelled looking up at him. Nichkhun smiled triumphantly.

“Then I’m still numero uno?”

“As if! After what you pulled you’re number zero” Jung Ah said crossing her arms scolding him. “What do you want? And don’t tell me just to say hi. You’re up to something according to what I’ve heard”

Nichkhun tried not to looked shocked. Wooyoungs previous statement replayed in his head ‘Jung Ah has eyes and ears everywhere’. He need to use this to his advantage.

“You’re right” He sighed. “I’m up to something.”

“I knew it! What is it out with it or I’ll find out later. I always do”

“I want to apologize to Bekah and I want to do it before she comes to school” Nichkhun lowered his head. “In person”

Jung Ah narrowed her eyes at him. She didn’t trust him but this might help to Bekah’s advantage.

“Meet me in the gym with some Korean Bbq and we’ll talk” She said before she walked away. Leaving Nichkhun alone in the hallway smiling listening to the clicking  of her heels. He took out his phone and made the call.

At lunch Jung Ah made her way to the gym hoping her friends wouldn’t get suspicious. She was going to run this idea by them but she figured its best to leave them out of this for now. She pushed the gym doors open, took a few steps before she stopped. In the middle of the gym was Nichkhun sitting at a table with a single candle on it and packed with food. Jung Ah’s mouth dropped open and she cautiously walked towards the table. Nichkhun stood up pulled the chair out for her and pushed it in as she sat down. Her gaze set on the food steaming as if it was just cooked.

“Go ahead dig in” Nichkhun said as he picked up his chopsticks.

Jung Ah hesitated thinking to herself this guy was hiding something about himself. Not even the rich kids in school could pull this off. She intended to find out what it was, but one thing at a time.

“So how is it?” Nichkhun asked as she took her first taste of meat. He smiled as her eyes widened. “Good. Now how can I get Bekah alone so I can apologize?”

“Ha that is the least of your worries” She said before stuffing a spoonful of rice in . “But before I even go into that, you owe me an explanation of what caused you to turn into such an .” 

Nichkhun sighed, he knew this wasn’t going to be totally easy. He especially didn’t want to get into the subject at all. In order to win and progress he needed to and this might help him.

“Let’s just say it’s something I can’t let go from the past constantly haunts me and” He said leaning back in his chair as Jung Ah stared at him while eating. “Sometimes it resurfaces. The result isn’t pretty.”

“So an ex girlfriend” Jung Ah nodded setting her chopstick down and drinking some water.  This time Nichkhun couldn’t hide his shock from Jung Ah. For being a ditz and easily swayed he had thought Jung Ah was a bit…dumb. Apparently theres more to her then everyone thinks.

“How can you conclude that? You don’t even know me?” Nichkhun asked raising his eyebrows.

“Please I’m Jung Ah. I was going to guess you had problems with your dad but you openly admit that so its not that bad. You adore your mother according to your brother and your sibling relationship is normal. It had to be something deeper.”

“When did you talk to my brother?”

“Who said I spoke to him” Jung Ah smiled. “People like to talk like no one is listening and other people just like to talk.”

“Can I hire you to do some of that…spying…whatever you want to call it?”

Jung Ah smirked lacing her fingers together on the table. “Depends if you can meet my price, but let’s get down to business shall we? We are running out of time and I really want to eat the rest of this delicious food. Here is what you’re going to do”