Crossing the line...

Marriage Contract

Hello peeps.  I know, I know its been a while since I updated....3 months!.... yes long time. Don't kill me! hehehe don't think anyone was to that point anyway.  I had a few set backs from dancing performances to family deaths.  Lots of things happened.  Hopefully the worst is over. fighting!

Anyway  I don't want to hold back on posting this because if I don't ..... it will not happen for another few months.  Trust me i've had this update ready like a month ago. I know there are a bunch of grammatical errors and ....i'm sorry. I'm actually hoping one of you lovely readers can either help me with that or suggest someone who can help me with that.... I'd appreciate it. I'll probably add a request or something.

Next chapter is already in the works so look forward to it....

ENJOY!

 


His eyes scanned the hazy room full of bodies moving to the loud music. He was a part of this world. Loud music, cigarette smoke and the endless company of various women. Every weekend, no exceptions.  Party all night with a different girl or girls. Drink all the booze you want. The perfect life style for someone who didn’t have a care in the world.

Snapping out  from his reminiscing state he began weaving his way through the crowd. Back in the day with in seconds, women wanting his attention instantly surrounded him. He still had that charm when he made an appearance once every full moon or so. However, against his successor he has no chance and it doesn’t bother him one bit.

Not needing to show a pass to get into the VIP section, he glided past security.  Heading straight to where his throne use to be.  As he got closer the giggles and squeals got louder. It was almost like walking through his memories. Instead of seeing himself situated amongst beautiful women, having them feed you, attending to your every wish and need, was his younger brother. Nichkhun.

Nichan reached into his back pocket, pulled out his camera.

“Its nice to see your nose is healing quickly” The sudden interruption caused everyone to turn around and he took this opportunity to take a photo. “I’m sure Bekah would love to see how quick you are recovering.”  Nichan smiled placing the phone back in his pocket. “I think I’ll hang this in my office under it will say. The Thai Prince with this concubines.”

“Funny” Nichkhun grinned reaching for his drink. “You really know how to kill the mood Nichan”

“Yes. Although it will be more hilarious if father sees how his perfect son has been behaving.” Nichan smiles taking a seat across from Nichkhun, signaling a waitress over to take his order.

“Is this your way of saying he is coming for a visit soon?”  Nichkhun sighed leaning back, two pars of arms wrapped themselves around him.

“Yes very soon and it may not be for JUST a visit.”

“Perfect.” Nichkhun muttered, detaching himself from the women’s arms and shooed them out of the room. “Do you know why he’s coming?”

Nichan shook his head, leaning forward to take the drink the waitress had placed on the table. “Whatever it is, it most likely has to do with you. I said I was out so I have nothing to do with him.”

“So no more fun. Time to pretend to be the perfect son”

“Pft I’d say what goes on in this room is pretend” Nichan grinned taking a sip of his drink.

“How would you know what goes on in this room? Don’t tell me you monitor me because that’s just disturbing.” Nichkhun chuckles holding a now empty glass up signaling the waitress for a refill.

“I do happen to be the owner so of course I know what goes on.” Nichan leans back watching his younger brother carefully. “Frankly I don’t think this is the correct way to deal with what happened to Hyori”

Nichkhuns fist slammed on the table.

“Don’t….bring her up”

Nichan knew very well his brother doesn’t like to talk about this subject but he also new it is the only way to have him recover from it. So he pressed on.

“Nichkhun..you know what happened to her..”

Nichan was interrupted by Nichkhuns fist on the table. This time it was harder and caused the glasses on the table to shake violently. This didn’t phase Nichan a bit, he leaned forward.  Nichkhun was now looking straight at him, his eyes filled with fury and showed a hint of moisture.

“It wasn’t your fault Nichkhun she was at the wrong place at the wrong time”

As soon as those words left his mouth the table was turned over, the shattering of glass was heard and the destruction began.

Nichan remained still and silent, despite the destruction Nichkhun was causing around him. He knew his brother was holding all his anger in and he would rather see him destroy his VIP room then have him do something stupid. That’s why he keeps him monitored and purposely triggers these outbursts.

Nichkhun stops when he realizes that there is nothing left to break or destroy. He stands in the center of the room breathless and on the verge of tears. Nichan knowing its safe finally stands up, goes to comfort his younger brother

***

Jung Ah and Jooyeon sat in homeroom quietly pretending to work on their assignments.

“Its been a few days already” Jooyeon whispered. “ He hasn’t even said a word to her” She quickly scribbled in her notebook when the teacher glance up in her direction.  Once the coast was clear she leaned closer to Jung Ah. “ What if he really was just messing with her?”

“Or he finally realized it is pointless” Taec said leaning in from the desk behind them.

“You’re his friend why don’t’ you give use some good intel” Jooyeon whispered keeping an eye out for the teacher.

“Maybe he choose to give up on her and set his eyes on someone more friendly” Jung Ah smiled drawing a heart around her name and Nichkhuns.

“Yeah right” Taec scoffed, sitting back in his seat with his arms crossed.

Jooyeon smiled shaking her head. “Jung Ah can I see your notes?”

Jung Ah nodded and scooted her notebook over for Jooyeon. Jooyeon took out a black sharpie and drew a big circle and slash over Jung Ah’s heart drawing.

“What are you doing?”

“Jung Ah! Jooyeon! I suggest you keep quiet or the next time you’ll be serving detention.”

Both girls became silent ,lowering their heads. Jooyeon was scribbling in her notebook when a folded piece of paper fell on her desk.  She saw Wooyoungs initials and quickly opened it.

Hey Babe,

Why are you so concerned over Khun? Could it be you’re secretly in love with him and using me to get to him? …. � Joking! Anyway Khun has been weird. He has been like that since he saw his brother last weekend. He won’t tell us what happened.  He just walks away. Maybe he got grounded? Maybe Bekah should say something to him? He’ll cheer up Hehe.

Wooyoung <3

“He’s right we should have Bekah talk to him. I hate seeing him sad” Jung Ah said looking at the letter pouting.

“Jung Ah! You read my letter?” Jooyeon whispered loudly. “It ‘s private”

“Nothing is private around me and you know it”

Jooyeon sighed folding the letter and putting it in her bag. “ Bekah wont care that Khun is acting weird.  She would definitely not go talk to him….unless” She smiled looking in Wooyoungs direction.

BEFORE PRACTICE

“Just do it Woo” Jooyeon pushed Wooyoung towards the coaches office.

“Why I see nothing in it for me. I have everything I want” he smiled at Jooyeon , leaning in for a kiss.

“A kiss. “ She giggled placing her fingers on his lips to stop him from advancing. “ No kisses till you go in there.”

Wooyoung rolled his eyes “ I hate the power women have over men”

Jooyeon smiled innocently, turned Wooyoung around and pushed him into the couches office. The coach was on his way out with clipboard in hand.  He looked at Wooyoung and crossed his arms.

“Why aren’t you warming up? We have a tournament coming up and I wont tolerate slacking”

“Yes.. Sir…. I’m fully aware but…. Precisely that’s what I came to talk to you about. Slacking.  “ Wooyoung said rapidly. He could see Jooyeon giving him thumbs up from his peripheral vision.

“Speak! We don’t have all damn day”

“Well sir I’ve been noticing a lack of effort by … Nichkhun?” Wooyoung said nervously.

“Nichkhun..?......Oh pretty boy. He’s probably just having a bad day. It happens to all of us.”

Wooyoung just raised an eyebrow at how lenient he was being. He knew well if anyone slacked off they’d get chewed out by the couch. It made him upset Khun had managed to charm even the couch.

“Its not just one day. Sir. It’s been the whole week. And it’s getting worse. If you let it go like this he might ruin our chances at the tournament”.

The couch sighed and nodded his head. “Alright I’ll talk to him”

“Actually … may I suggest … that Bekah talk to him.”

“Why Bekah?”

“Well…it wouldn’t interrupt practice. Plus who better to yell at him then her.”

“Alright good point.” He nods and walks up to Wooyoung placing his hand on his shoulder.

“Son I’m glad you brought this to my attention. It helps the team when I have someone making sure they are doing their part.  Maybe I should consider making you assistant couch. See you on the field.”

The couch walked out and Jooyeon rushed in embracing Wooyoung.

“Did you hear that? He thinks I should be assistant couch. “ Wooyoung yelled excitingly. “ This is a perfect time to celebrate.” he wraps his arm around Jooyeons waist , pulls her close to him, leaning in for the kiss she owes him.

“Woo” Jooyeon again stops him with her fingers.

“Now what do you want?”

“You’re going to be late to practice.” She giggles as he lets go of her and runs out.

***

The past week I’ve been living in bliss. I had forgotten what it was like to live without Nichkhun constantly pestering me. I had almost forgotten he was a student at this school.  Well it was short lived. Now I had to talk to that prick. At least I get to yell at him for being a slacker Normally this is why they have an assistant couch.

I stopped in front of him with my arms crossed. The other team members that were standing around scattered away. So much for humiliating him in front of his teammates. Now its just  Nichkhun and I. He was too busy stretching to notice I had arrived.

“Ahem”

“What” He asked without glancing up.

“You’re slacking”

“I’m having a bad day. I am human after all” He said standing up starting on his arm stretches. Didn’t help me one bit he was wearing a muscle shirt and the stretches he was doing were distracting me. I shook myself realizing he might catch me staring and I’d never hear the end of it, but it never came. I’m getting irritated at the fact he won’t acknowledge that I’m there. It’s rude.

“Its not just one day its..”

“So it’s a bad week what’s the big deal?!” He snapped at me, turning and walking away.

I shrugged it off. I did my part. I took my usual place on the field and started arranging the schedule for the upcoming tournament.  Usually an easy task was now hard. Why? Because I couldn’t concentrate. All I hear is the whistle being blown and Mr Arrogant name being called out repeatedly. I guess this is worse than I thought. His times are off and he is falling on his hurdle jumps.

The breaking point came when he fell his fourth time in a row. He got up, knocked down a row of hurdles before he walked off the field.  What the hell was wrong with him?

“Bekah!”

I jumped to my feet to face the couch, who didn’t look to happy.

“Didn’t I tell you to talk to Nickhun? “

I nodded.

“Well it sure as hell doesn’t look like it? You made it worse if that’s even possible. You better fix this by the tournament”

“That’s in a day!”

“Yes and I expect good results from this!” he yells before walking away.

I sighed and collapsed on the grass. This would be an easy task, if Nichkhun was my friend like Wooyoung. I don’t even know where to begin, he obviously doesn’t want to talk to me.

***

Never in my career as the manager of the boys track team did I imagine I’d be doing this. If I knew this was part of the job I’d have said ‘forget this’. Now here I am hiding around the corner from the idiots locker like one of his groupies. Amazingly they seemed to have disappeared.

I checked the clock for the 10th time. Where is he? I sighed , deciding to take a peak see if he was there. Yes! There he is.. finally. I took a deep breath before I walked away from my hiding place and headed directly towards him.

Remember Bekah be nice, empathetic and use an nice voice.  I stopped right next to him as he retrieved his things from his locker, but  he didn’t notice. Of course he wouldn’t the damn locker door was in the way. I’ll get right to it. I’ll tell him to man up or if he needs I’ll give him something for his PMS.

“Em …Nichkhun” I felt my stomach drop when he suddenly stopped what he was doing and peeked out from behind the open locker door. He maybe handsome but The glare he was directing at me, made me want to run. “  heey…So about yesterday… I didn’t“

SLAM

I winced as he slammed his locker door and walked away.

“mean to be rude” I finished as I watched him walk off again. Which really upset me. I absolutely hate it when people do that. I kicked the closest locker before walking to my class, which I was already late for.  This wasn’t going to be easy was it?

Lunch Time

Since I don’t have any classes with Nichkhun my next opportunity was at lunch. I was already wanting to back out. His whole aura was scaring people away. Seriously he was sitting at a table and there is like a 7 ft radius of empty space around him.

“I don’t know about this guys.” I turned to look at Jooyeon and GaHee. “Maybe he needs to take some time off. “

“Ha.. he has had a week. This guy makes a girls PMS look like a day at the beach. “Jooyeon said glaring at Nichkhun.

“Maybe he just needs some tough love” Ga Hee said giving me a  shove.

“What if a family member died?” I said biting my lip, still a bit cautious.

“He must have hated the person” Jooyeon smirked.

“Look just go over there. I mean the worst he could do is walk away.” Ga Hee encouraged.

I sighed, grabbed my tray of food and started making my way towards him. There was a bad feeling creeping up on me as I started getting closer.

Once I was there I set my tray down next to him and sat down. So far so..

“What are you doing?”  Nichkhun said.

“Having lunch with you. Is it..”

“What makes you think I want to sit with anyone right now?”

He has a point. It was pretty obvious. Well I am here and I am not going to move especially with the way he is speaking to me. I’m not backing down. I’m tired of being nice.

“Look I saw you alone and didn’t think it was on purpose especially when your usually surrounded by your groupies.”

“Leave” He said glaring at me.

“No. I’m not leaving until I eat” I said crossing my arms. Not expecting his next move. He shoved my tray off the table. I clentched my jaw, as I heard the tray crash onto the floor.

“Now you have nothing to eat, guess you should leave. Actually I’ll be the gentlemen and leave. ” he grabbed his tray and stood to leave.

Again he was walking away from me. That’s not gonna happen this time. I grabbed the closest tray of food and launched the contents at him. He stopped dead in his tracks as kimchi slid down his back.

“People who walk away are cowards!”I yelled at him clenching my fists.

“Jooyeon we need a diversion this is going to get bad.” Ga Hee stood up from the table and headed towards Bekah.

Nichkhun threw his tray on the floor, turned and walked towards Bekah.

“Cowards? No. Most people that walk away want to avoid conflicts.” Nichkhun said loudly as he stood only a few feet away from Bekah. “ The reason YOU think people are cowards when they walk away is because of your last boyfriend. Now he WAS a coward..but”

“ a diversion is not gonna help now” Jooyeon said to herself as she set the plate of food down, that she was ready to launch at the vice principle.

“I think you just see it that way because he walked away from you and YOU didn’t have the guts to voi..”

Bekah didn’t give him a chance to finish as she punched him across the face, knocking him down. Bekah went for another blow but Ga Hee pulled her back  seeing the principle heading their way.

“You crossed the line !” Ga Hee yelled at Nichkhun.

“All of you in my office now!” The principle roared reaching the three.