Impressions

Hello, You

Onew turned his head again to face you.
    “Where did you say you were from again?”
    “I didn’t…” You looked over at Onew, who had the cutest expression of curiosity pasted on his face.
    “Oh…yeah, well where are you from?” Onew asked again.
    “America…”
    “America…ah…I’ve been there…” Onew nodded, proud of himself.
    “You’re so cute…” You unexpectedly muttered to Onew. Jinki blushed and looked out of the window again as you placed your hand on your mouth, “Crap…I’m coming off as some big ‘ol creep now.” You thought to yourself.
    “Well honestly…I think you’re cute too.” Jinki said, looking over to you once more. Your eyes met directly for the second time and your face felt like it was going to just fall off from all of the blushing you were doing.
    “I…I…so how is Korea?” You suddenly changed the subject, trying to ease the tension.
    “Ah, Korea…there’s so many great things about it, I don’t know where to begin. There’s great food almost everywhere you go. There’s lots of things to do…and lots of idols.” Onew smirked.
    “Sounds…inviting…” You said, looking down at your lap. Suddenly a thought ran through your mind, “Where are you heading?” You then realized your sudden question made you sound a bit stalkerish.
    “Dammit, why am I always making the wrong kind of impression?” You asked yourself bitterly.
    “I’m heading to a fan meeting in Seoul.” Onew sat up slightly and looked at you eagerly, “Would you like to attend?” Your eyes widened. This reality was seeming more and more like a dream, either that or someone drugged you while you were sleeping on the plane and you were hallucinating, but you doubted the latter.
    “Could I really…?” You asked skeptically.
    “Of course.” Onew smiled.
    “But…wouldn’t people be all suspicious and what not?”
    “Suspicious about what?”
    “You know…bringing a guest, or having me around…they might think…”
    “We’re dating? Probably. If that were to occur, I wouldn’t mind…”
    “You…what are you saying?” You asked, as the shade of rose from before began to flush your cheeks again.
    “I wouldn’t mind…I mean, you’re not someone that I wouldn’t date. We seem compatible somehow…I mean, if someone were to think I was dating someone I had no interest in…I’d get a little upset, but you…you’re cool, so why not?”
    “You say that so coolly…”
    “It’s not a big deal, that’s why. People always like to start rumors…you just have to ignore them, and plus I’m old enough to date…I’m not like Taemin, where I worry about him too much to date.” Onew laughed to himself.
    “Aww…you’re such a good leader…” You smiled at Jinki’s kind thoughts toward his hyung. Onew had a kind heart and you could feel that. You could feel his intentions were good ones. Your feelings for Jinki became much more intimate than just idolizing him…you started to develop a small crush on him.